SCS Episode 1 - forever version 0.9X due to being CANCELLED

May 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
nice mod!

May 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Shane said:
There is a major glitch in version 0.9½ of Shane's Cave Story. In the Core, I accidentally placed a block there that prevents opening the second large terminal after the broken shutter. It's game-breaking, but until I fix it, you'll need to get around it using something like Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer. Sorry about this glitch!Also, for some reason, Kim doesn't appear in the Plantation when she should. Don't know why, but I will try to fix it if it happens to somebody else!Also, this.
p148406-0-rajaf.png

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Update to version 0.9 & 3/4
Relation to the magical train platform is unknown.

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:27 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Ballos sending Quote back in time? That's absurd! Unbelievable! Yet, somehow makes for an interesting premise with many possibilities after that? Or is the whole thing a stable time loop and Quote's inability to speak is the only thing really blocking him from telling everyone that he knows them! Maybe that's why he always lets Curly ride him, because every other incarnation of the time loop is the same! Or maybe Curly gets more memories back with each rendition, and the mushroom dude has properties that let her keep the memory with each time loop, and... and...

:)

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
yo shane this is really bad dawg

-there are areas that just lead nowhere, like long, mazeesque passages that just stop
-blocks that aren't solid look like solid blocks which is disorienting as fuck
-the weapons and enemies are unbalanced (the fist is so powerful that there is no reason to use anything else until you get the ice blaster)
-curly has way too much hp the fuck dawg

uhh other than that good job

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Shane why is your default font Comic Sans

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Shane said:
yo shane this is really bad dawg-there are areas that just lead nowhere, like long, mazeesque passages that just stop-blocks that aren't solid look like solid blocks which is disorienting as fuck-the weapons and enemies are unbalanced (the fist is so powerful that there is no reason to use anything else until you get the ice blaster)-curly has way too much hp the fuck dawguhh other than that good job
- Like where? Can you please give a few locations?- Intentional. Secret passages are everywhere in the Sky Maze area.- The fist was semi-intentional - at Level 3 it can "fly", but the damage being very high wasn't intentional. Thanks for noticing this.- Yeah, that's intentional. You should have the Ice Ball weapon at level 3 to beat Kim easier (although it still takes a lot of time). In easy mode her HP will be halved, although I have yet to implement that.
I have nothing more to say.

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:10 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Underneath wrecked egg corridor
that big empty space both above and below outer wall
basically all of how the maze is made of gas that makes it so slow and tedious

Probably some others that I forget now. If these are sposta lead to rewards that I could have but didn't get (I did find the treasure of the maze) they should be blocked off earlier on so as to prevent time wasting.

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:13 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Hey I made a livestream of your mod and recorded it and stuff, it was pretty fun

It can be found here, the videos are called "Shane's CS 1", "Shane's CS 2", and "Shane's Story 3". There are three of them because of streaming issues.

Good job overall \o/

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Version 0.9X released!
Please play from the beginning and not from your last save, otherwise you'll miss out on some of the updated areas, and the new boss fights ;)

If you're too lazy to go to the first page and download the mod, then you can download it from my signature, the first spoiler.

Underneath wrecked egg corridor
that big empty space both above and below outer wall
basically all of how the maze is made of gas that makes it so slow and tedious
(1) Destroyed Egg Corridor has a second corridor that makes it easier to reach the other side now, and a teleporter to the Side Room.
(2) The green smoke (that I still have to recolour) can be avoided by firing the level 3 Fists downwards. It's the only way to get out of the Waterway if one ignores the terminal or doesn't notice what it does.

Probably some others that I forget now. If these are sposta lead to rewards that I could have but didn't get (I did find the treasure of the maze) they should be blocked off earlier on so as to prevent time wasting.
Some of these areas are still useless and aren't blocked off...
A list of areas that I remember:
Outer Wall (underneath the entrance)
Cave (First Cave, underneath the Gunsmith - unless you count "talking to people that say nothing important" as "not a waste of time")
Ancient Maze (If you really want to go there, do so - there's a shortcut to the item there and the place will be revamped. It is entered from the Outer Wall, where the Clock Room was)

Ballos sending Quote back in time? That's absurd! Unbelievable! Yet, somehow makes for an interesting premise with many possibilities after that? Or is the whole thing a stable time loop and Quote's inability to speak is the only thing really blocking him from telling everyone that he knows them! Maybe that's why he always lets Curly ride him, because every other incarnation of the time loop is the same! Or maybe Curly gets more memories back with each rendition, and the mushroom dude has properties that let her keep the memory with each time loop, and... and...

:)
You're talking about Cave Story - Time Warp...

Oh, and sorry for the bump.

EDIT:
Until a glitch in the extended ending has been fixed (which would require ASMing) this mod is on hold. :(

SECOND EDIT:
I forgot to lower the Kim boss' HP :eek:
It's still 19 200 HP.
Sorry -_-