Sandwiches: the thread

May 8, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Pronouns: he/him
Wow look at this serious talk about sandwiches.

Anyways, my cat ate a tomato and died, so I have an eternal hatred for them because of that experience.
But yeah I just don't like tomatoes that much. There's just something about them that I just never liked about tomatoes. Can't put my finger on it because I haven't had a raw one in years. Pastas and pizzas are fine though.

As for the honchocopenut sandwich, I've only had it as a breakfast treat because of my unstoppable sweettooth :awesomeface:

May 8, 2012 at 4:27 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
this is the only type of sangwich I enjoy.

May 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Today marks the quarter millenial of the invention of the sandwich!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-18010424

To celebrate.. I will make a sandwich

May 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Pronouns: she/her
Look at this, a sketch on how sandwiches were invented.
Who knew that the Earl of Sandwich said Huzzah?

May 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Pronouns: none
Today marks the quarter millenial of the invention of the sandwich!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-18010424

To celebrate.. I will make a sandwich
I will make a sandwich too! Let's celebrate!

May 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Here is my Sandwich Day Sandwich
p151495-0-ncsbs.jpg

p151495-1-nt1qa.jpg
Cheesy bun, Miracle Whip, Cucumber, Cracker Barrel Real Cheddar slice cheese, Ham, Hungarian Salami, Mustard, more Miracle Whip

it was good!

May 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Ooh Noxid that must be delicious
My sandwich was only with cheese... But it was great.

May 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This sandwich is dedicated to John Montagu.

p151497-0-po0ay.jpg

Spam, egg and tomato. Believe me, it tastes better than it looks. Even with the spam.

May 14, 2012 at 3:51 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I had a good ol' PB & J yesterday. 'Twas pleasant. No photos, though, it didn't last long enough.

Kanpachi, I think that sandwich looks rather tasty. Especially with the spam. I mean, it's just good sense, really:

May this be the only kind of spam found on these four hams until pigs fly.

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Hmm...sandwiches.

I won't lie: I never really ate too many sandwiches back in the day. I was a supremely lazy kid, and I considered sandwiches too long to make.

Now I'm still lazy, but at least I know that any good thing requires a little work. Since then, I have found that sandwiches are an effective and convenient food when made correctly. The easiest to prepare is undoubtedly the Frijoles To Go-there are usually a fair amount of beans left over, so simply grab some slices of bread-simple wheat bread is best-plop some frijoles inside, and eat immediately with some milk, perhaps. Not for everyone(not at all), but incredibly easy to make, filling, and delicious.

I also like to make Triple-Decker PB and J's by applying alternating smatterings of Peanut Butter and Jelly using 4 slices of bread. Delicious, and practically a meal on its own. An interesting way to utilize sandwiches is with any old cereal of your choice and some sturdy bread. Make a small lump of cereal in the middle, carefully crush and shift the cereal until it's even, and keep a trusty glass of milk by your side. Take a bite of cereal-sandwich, and then keep the cereal in your mouth while swigging down some milk.

It sounds disgusting, and perhaps it is, but it's also fairly easy and a most...interesting...way to eat breakfast if you're the type to like cereal. Keep in mind that if you don't like the ideas, please do not try them. You've been warned.

You can also try using 2 sturdy waffles, a careful amount of syrup(optional), some bacon, scrambled eggs, and Ham/whatevs for a large, delicious breakfast sandwich :awesomeface:

Laughing at me for this post is perfectly fine. I don't have very many good ideas, and I'll delete this if Noxid prefers it. \=

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Ah, I've missed this thread. It makes me hungry. But pretty much anything makes me hungry.

I don't think I've ever thought of putting frijoles in a sandwich. I'll usually wrap them up in a tortilla instead, but maybe the sandwich version is in order. It sounds tasty. Maybe put some queso fresco on that, too.

I've recently amped up my PB&Js, which I often make for lunch. Before putting the peanut butter on each half of the sandwhich, I'll put Tapatío on on half and let it soak into the bread. After adding PB to each half, I apply a thin layer of jelly, and finally top things off with a mountain of spinach before putting the two halves together. It's amazing. And it's pretty much a health food. I mean, spinach, right? And the capsaicin in the Tapatío helps boost your metabolism. Boom.

I suppose they aren't PB&Js anymore, though. More like PBJT&Ss. Maybe the only thing left to improve it further is to add bacon.

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
-Huzzah for other assumed Mexicans on the forums :o -

I don't generally eat frijoles with queso, but I'll try it.

I'm kind of a pathetic excuse for a person, since I can't stand spicy things. Like, at all. So that PBJTS is kinda off-putting.

But then, different people have different tastes, I guess. People are still repulsed when I recommend eating frijoles with milk. :/

And yeah, this thread makes me hungry too :b

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Hmm... well, to describe myself as Mexican would be a bit misleading. I do have a Mexican last name, but the ancestry is traced several generations back. My dad's grandparents (or was it great-grandparents?) came to the U.S. from Mexico, but aside from that, the large part of my heritage is mixed European and such: German, English, Scottish, Irish, a little bit of Jewish, and then the little bit of Mexican, and perhaps some Native American in there somewhere, too. It's not uncommon that people hear my last name and scratch their heads, wondering why it is that this white dude has a Mexican last name.

If the PBJTS sounds a bit much, I can still recommend it without the Tapatío—the spinach just adds a nice texture (and nutritional content) to the sandwich in general.

Frijoles + milk = delicious! Especially if you're eating them from a can, the milk really helps to soften any metallic taste from the can. I don't usually add in milk when I make frijoles from scratch, but I'm sure that would be delicious, too. I wonder if they wouldn't last as long, though.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Mosaic said:
If the PBJTS sounds a bit much, I can still recommend it without the Tapatío—the spinach just adds a nice texture (and nutritional content) to the sandwich in general.
I dunno, the spinach isn't too appetizing, either :\

...Anyway, another sandwich I can recommend is the Grand Slamwich from Denny's. " Two scrambled eggs, sausage, crispy bacon, shaved ham, mayo and WHATEVER CHEESE FROM DENNY'S YOU THINK OF on potato bread grilled with a maple spice spread." Oh god it's delicious :mrgreen:

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Polaris said:
american cheese
Better watch out. Some folks don't take kindly to American cheese around these parts.

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Better watch out. Some folks don't take kindly to American cheese around these parts.

Yeah, I know. Forum assassins begone, plz: that description is straight outta Denny's.com, blame them :toroko2:

You could probably ask them for a different cheese anyway, or...make it yourself. O.O

(Thanks for reminding me, Desu :o )

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Cheese n' ketchup sandwiches - cheapest food you can make.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:01 PM
How about sandwiches with butter and salt? I like them.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I recently discovered the sandwich line at my school's dining hall.
They have this magical condiment called chipotle mayo, and sweet jesus it's the most delicious thing I've ever tasted, I could practically drink it
I need to see if you can buy bottles of it anywhere.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM
/end
I don't know about in your area, but here any of the big grocery stores carries it. And it is indeed god tier.

If you haven't tried it before but I suggest you try it with horseradish mustard for mouthgasms.

Back