Room 2 3hp tips

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:09 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Ok, so last night I managed to slash my way through misery, the doctor, sue, and the undead core with my level 2 blade. Today I'm wondering if I just lost all my skill. I only managed to pull it off once so far.;)
Room 2 of the sacred grounds is looking near impossible. Do you guys have any tips on flying through without taking a hit? Or should I just walk? I assume I should use the polar star level 3, but do you find a level 2 blade just as effective?

Any tips on passing this room are welcome.

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:53 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I use a spur / polar star for room 2. The procedure is quite simple: if a block is falling, get out of its way. Go backwards if you need to. Take it slowly if you must, kill each angel one by one.

I have beaten this with 3 health plenty of times, it's a matter of practice.

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:01 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The thing that kills me most are the butes. They get moving so fast that I have difficulty avoiding them when there are over 4 on screen. I guess practice will help though.

Jun 1, 2007 at 11:36 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I recall going over all this before.

ZTaimat said:
Speaking of hellruns...

diph.php

Anyway, the life pot is incredibly useful if you want to get a time like mine.

What you need:

-Spur
-Sword
-Super Missiles
-Life Pot

---

Rooms:
SG - BF1:
On your way down, ignore the 1st two energy capsules. Level up the super missiles on the way down the final drop...
(Overall time: < 0'20"0)

SG - BF2:
This is probably the only hard room, really. use the booster at all times, and be sure to use it as close to the floor as possible. getting hurt and being angles upward eats away at your time... Try to keep at least 20HP by the end of it.
(Overall time: < 0'42"0)

SG - BF3:
Ah, the fun room. It's kinda tricky to explain it all, but here's some pointers:
- Use the spur at all times.
- on the 4th deleet, just go under it. Use the 10-damage spikes to keep from getting killed.
- After the 5th deleet, if you're health is low (under 20), use the life pot.
- When you get to heavy press, fire a good powered spur charge up into it, then swap to the level 2 S.Missiles. Fire upward at him like a berserker, and be sure to avoid his attack.
(Overall time: < 2'00"0)

Passage?:
Nothing much here, just walk to the right.

Corridor:
Keep from charging your spur, you can't open doors while it's charged. At the same time, try to time your boosts right, as this room eats your time aswell.
(Overall time: < 2'10"0)

Seal chamber:
This is it. The final battle. It may not seem it, but it's incredibly easy.
=Ballos=
Round 1... FIGHT! As soon as he gets into his fighting stance, blast his arm off with the full powered spur. However, before you fire it, step away a bit... After you blast him, turn around, start walking away, and MASH THE FIRE BUTTON LIKE HECK. Curly's nemisis will do a nice amount of damage. Now, during this round, repeat the prosess using level 3 shots. Try to fire a few off in the air, aswell.
=Giga Ballos=
Yes, I gave him a name. So sue me. During the intermission, fly up and take out some of the green devils. They'll drop 5 exp each, or a heart/missile. any of the three are good. During this time, you can try to level up the sword, although it doesn't matter. As soon as you see the cursor, start charging the spur. Hop off onto whichever eye, and fire the full powered spur. Imediatly after doing so, swith to your blade, and face away from him. Now then, MASH THE FIRE BUTTON. keep on doing this until he's dead. It shouldn't take too long. In fact, this form would normally eat away at your time if you just used the spur. However, the sword, combined with the nemisis do about 40 damage a shot. That's pretty damn awsome. Now, if you got off to a good start, he should be dead by the 2nd time he jumps.
=Demi Ballos'=
Now, the fun part. There is a quick little intermission, a bit too short to gain much, but you can try. If you grabbed the +24 missiles in hell while a deleet was counting down, good for you. If you can level up the super missiles to lv 3 during the intermissions, you might just beat 3'30"0. In any case, you can chose to fire upward at the demi's with the spur, or super missiles, and then switch out to the sword while they're on the ground, or just continue to use charged shots. If you can beat this form in a single cycle, You should have beaten the 4'00"0 already. but meh. Try to get rid of all 8 of them in 2 or 3 cycles.
=Undead Ballos=
Here it is. The final part. I'm sure you're adreneline will be pumping away, if your timer says ~3'15"0. But dont let that sych you. During the intermission, kill the green devils as they all scramble away. This'll fill up your health a bit. Also, if you still happen to have the life pot, use it now. Start charging up that spur of yours...
Okay, ready? here we go. jump up, and fire that spur in-between 2 demi ballos'. Try to aim more at the eye'd one. Now, keep jumping up on the left side of him, charging up to level 3, and fireing in-between each time. if you happened to have leveled your super missiles to 3 at the time, he'd probably be dead by now. But meh. After you get him down to about 1/2 health, you can just continue spurring away, of you can hop into the corner of his eye, and blast him away with level 2 missiles, or the sword.

With a little luck, and alot of hope, you should beat him in under 4'00"0. If not, try to improve how you pull things off in hell.

...</offtopic>

Then again, this would only really apply to having some HP to lose. I guess you could mold it a bit for a 3HP run.

Jun 2, 2007 at 12:04 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think i have a video of me doing a 3hp(min. items) run. Maybe i can dig it back up. If i can't, i can make another one. I remember i could, about 50% of the time, get over halfway through without getting hit. Most of it is luck though. Hopefully, not many blocks get in your way.

EDIT: Ugh, i'm using a new screen recorder, and it slows down the game too much and messes with my timing.

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:24 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I know my vid of my 3HP run is still on youtube...but yeah, the 2nd room is where you'll die most of the time. If you take it slow it's less threatening, but for me I try to go as fast as possible (within reason, I stop if the butes are catching up) because it sometimes seems the blocks are out to get you (I had a pillar of blocks block my path one time for like 10 seconds)...

Just practice practice practice and get lucky too.

Btw I use the polar star, higher rate of fire and it still can one shot the flying butes.

Jun 2, 2007 at 10:17 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yea... I'm getting a bit better...
Made it half way through the monster press boss without dying. :)
I'm calculating that I've only made it through the 2nd room 3 times out of the 90+ times I've attempted it.