Rockfish v0.20 (Prototype, pre-reset, dated 11/27/2011)

Jul 31, 2023 at 10:30 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I don't know if y'all know, but a prototype for pre-reset Rockfish-- the unreleased Pixel iOS game that was cancelled in favor of Gero/Kero Blaster-- was released by Amaya himself yesterday, probably because he thought it was neat.

p378733-0-rockfishtitle.png

Download (from studiopixel.jp) - "Release" Tweet (which is actually an announcement for the Discord server in which the prototype was released)

Aug 2, 2023 at 6:26 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Holy guacamole this is exciting! Thanks for sharing, I need to check this out right away!

Aug 2, 2023 at 11:33 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Super wonderful to see this actually happen. Aside from having to find some form of magnification to avoid eye strain, it's still pretty enjoyable, sort of an intriguing middle ground between Ikachan and Kero Blaster, a bit un:sun:ed overall but that's to be expected. I particularly liked the

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

charge mechanic

with the weapons and the presentation and atmosphere are top-notch as ever.

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:51 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
UPDATE: Alula, the person who did mobile ports of other Studio Pixel games, made an android port of Rockfish.
It actually has a newer translation than the one seen in the original upload.

The original English text was translated using a version of DeepL from like 2011 or whatever, while the newer one was a hand-translation. (It was also shown off at the Independent Games Festival.)

Download (English) - Download (Japanese)

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:06 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Ah, this feels nostalgic...