Remix project?

May 11, 2006 at 1:47 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Does anyone know what the status is with this? I've been waiting all day to see some kind of news update on their front page. I'd even be happy with a "we're pushing it back a week to give you a significantly better release", but no news at all is somewhat disappointing. =\

May 11, 2006 at 1:57 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Yeah I was checking up on that from time to time as well...the "Trailer" thing for it really got me excited for it.

May 11, 2006 at 2:33 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I cant wait for this, I think it will be definitely worth the wait.

May 11, 2006 at 11:56 AM
Could you give me a link to the site? I don't know where it is

May 11, 2006 at 2:34 PM
Django said:
Could you give me a link to the site? I don't know where it is
go to the link section of the tribute site and follow it through there. ;)

May 11, 2006 at 4:52 PM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
wadeizzle said:
go to the link section of the tribute site and follow it through there. ;)

Speaking of the tribute site, is whoever the owner of it ever going to update it any farther? Or is it pretty much done for good?

May 12, 2006 at 10:02 PM
That music is going to be in a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! I looked at the art and it looked awesome! That raises a question though. How big will it be? what I mean is the file size. Also Chaddykins, The thing should be done by about the end of june and the guy has been updating because the lat time I saw it it said May 10

May 12, 2006 at 10:32 PM
Django said:
That music is going to be in a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! I looked at the art and it looked awesome! That raises a question though. How big will it be? what I mean is the file size. Also Chaddykins, The thing should be done by about the end of june and the guy has been updating because the lat time I saw it it said May 10
Um, this music is not going to be in any game, what are you talking bout :)

And, as far as file size I hope they torrent this and not a direct download, I was going to make a torrent out of cave story deluxe but due to some tech problems I couldnt at that moment (it will happen someday, I promise :) )

And chaddykins, last I heard skywelse was thinking about adding more tribute sites to gameflaws. He's a nice guy, he wouldnt leave his fellow cave story fans just hangin`.

May 16, 2006 at 6:07 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi, this is k-wix - the guy who is heading the CSRP (Cave Story Remix Project) here's some details for you folks

- The music at this time will NOT be put into the game, there is a thread discussing if it would be possible but so far the odds are heavily against it. There are other issues - some of the remixes change the groove of the original tune so some songs wouldn't fit the mood. But we shall see how this works out.

- At the time of this writing we have about 10 songs *finished* with more coming in soon. It will not be TOO much longer, im trying to get every song in as quickly as i can but also trying to keep quality really nice for all our listeners out there.

- Official 'final' due date is June 21st. Once that is done, you can expect a release very soon

- We have an artist who is collaborating with me on doing some official cd covers to talk about the game and the project.

- As of right now, im not sure how we will make the songs available. i have unlimited webspace so a Direct download seems plausible. I would not be adverse to setting up a torrent though. We shall see :D

- The URL for the website is: http://kwix.shackspace.com/cavestory

- Yes the project is underway and WILL be finished :) I promise!