Red Flowers and The Demon Crown... Are They Attainable?

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Sorry haven't been on lately!
Looks like Lowell figured out what I meant pretty much :D I wasn't very clear...

By the impossible/illogical item or event, I meant like something that shouldn't exist or happen normally. Like, if I put a hidden variable that calls a random number at game load (disguised as something meaningless or in some other code), 1 to 1,000,000. And only if the number : 654,321 gets called, will it execute a hidden instruction that is broken into useless pieces scattered around the code. The code will then generate a strange message that tells you, "Use the sign at the edge of the world, Up, Up, Up, Down, Doucstom Onagatil, and take a leap of faith. Then the world will change."

After doing that/figuring it out, it unlocks secret normally useless code fragments hidden in the sound data to decrypt a certain org, which adds an entirely new area, items and ending to the game [permant change].

That'd make any conspiracy theorist proud D:

even more offtopic :
Personally I always wished they would put something in the code of a MMORPG like the dot hack//sign anime and games... A singular rumored item that shouldn't exist that changes/can change the game world. Don't even tell admins what it exists... Something along those lines~

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
darkcrusader said:
The theory behind the question is this. The fact that all items' names, when described in text during the game, are surrounded by two dots. An example of this is shown here .
When they talk about the Demon Crown or the Red Flowers, they have the dots around their names as well. I believe that if it is possible to get them, someone may have already gotten them. So is it possible to get them? If so, how is it done?
The dots are to emphasise keywords, not just items. Emphasis on keywords within in-game text has been used by rpgs for years.

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
Yeah, such as The Legend of Zelda. Half the words are bolded though, so I don't know how much of an example that can be.

Topic-wise, if they could be used, it wouldn't have any effect on you, since the *Red Flowers* seem to only work on Mimigas, though I'm probably wrong on that. I don't think it would work on a robot though.
The *Demon Crown* probably wouldn't make any sense to use, if you want Ballos dead. If complete free will was possible, then I could see that, but that doesn't seem to happen here.

Going a bit off-topic, looking through the posts has now made me sad, seeing as you guys said you've looked through the game code already. That means there isn't a fourth ending, which I always hoped existed. Damn it, I want Toroko and King to live! T_T

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:52 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Mike73 said:
Yeah, such as The Legend of Zelda. Half the words are bolded though, so I don't know how much of an example that can be.

It's because they're all important. Like Meryl's ass.

Mike73 said:
Topic-wise, if they could be used, it wouldn't have any effect on you, since the *Red Flowers* seem to only work on Mimigas, though I'm probably wrong on that. I don't think it would work on a robot though.

The flowers do only work on Mimigas. The crystal worked on Misery because it is a crystal, not a flower. Robots are another story entirely, being made of metal.

Mike73 said:
The *Demon Crown* probably wouldn't make any sense to use, if you want Ballos dead. If complete free will was possible, then I could see that, but that doesn't seem to happen here.

If you could get the crown from the Doctor after your little fight, you would have no reason to fight the Core, and would not cause the island to fall. You wouldn't need to kill Ballos. With your Crown powers, you could just fly back up or teleport out of the Sacred Grounds with Curly.

Mike73 said:
Going a bit off-topic, looking through the posts has now made me sad, seeing as you guys said you've looked through the game code already. That means there isn't a fourth ending, which I always hoped existed. Damn it, I want Toroko and King to live! T_T

How could you have saved them even if you had the Crown or the red flowers? That was before you fight the Doctor.

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:56 AM
"Huzzah!"
I said it was off-topic. That means I didn't mean that stuff would save them. I was saying that since the game code's already been looked through, that means it would have been found out if there was a fourth ending.

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:04 AM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Re: Someone really needs to lurk a bit...

Perhaps they were originally intended as being obtainable eventually. I could see Red Flowers being obtainable after fighting Toroko to go show Kazuma and co. that you found and destroyed what you could, but the Doctor got seeds for more, etc. And I could see the Demon Crown being obtainable after fighting the Doctor just to be destroyed somehow, or as part of the Sacred Grounds in some way, but obviously Pixel decided not to do this. Then again, there's an equal possibility that none of this even crossed his mind.

Someone mentioned a hack pertaining to these items.. but instead of playing as the Doc, I think it'd be pretty sweet if you played as Quote but the story was changed so that he decided to go after the Demon Crown for his own purpose/to gain power for himself after finding out about it, rather than being a good guy. If not playing as him, you could play as Curly and have to stop him. It seems realistic enough to me seeing as Quote's just a memoryless android that could shift either way on the alignment scale, Pixel just wanted him to be a good guy.