RaveStory v1.62 - Soundtrack compiled in Flac and MP3 formats by Whatthepin!

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Crystalwarrior said:
This is an amazing mod. I love the endboss, although I am having trouble with it so I didn't see the ending yet lol.
I think I remember Polar mentioning that there was an entity somewhere near the edge of the first arena that lets you skip to the ending/credits, though since I never used it I can't remember where it is exactly.

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:37 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's on the right side of the room, if I can remember.

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
what
Game goes to black ('kay, it's actually blue, whatever) after fight with that catspiritwhatwasthat and teleporting to... idk where.
what

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

sorry for DAT INGLEHS

whatever, it's working now xД

Attachments

• скрин11.png
    скрин11.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 23, 2015 at 12:16 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Can you please fix the boss rush in the end? With the background being "clouds" of foreground tiles just flying up, it becomes very hard to properly see what's what, so although the boss rush itself isn't very hard, you can't see shit because of the game vomiting in your eyes. And also it was incredibly painful to look at for the whole fight(s).

Other than that it was alright.

Jan 28, 2015 at 4:29 AM
"Huzzah!"
I didn't think it was going to be good...
You've done pretty well. but you still have alot of things to fix.
This mod is very crazy and funny.

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:55 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
PolarStarGames said:

"Why should I play your shitty mod?"
I dunno. It is pretty shitty, after all; you said it yourself. But maybe you should play it anyway. I have a (self-proclaimed, likely not-true) history of "upping the ante", or striving to make my next mod better then the last. Is this better than my last mod? You decide. No, really, you decide. I have no idea.
I thought it was pretty damn great. Final boss took forever though, mostly because the Martini kept leveling down and the final form does 10 damage a hit. I can imagine this took a good bit of effort, and it really shows. If your mods get better every time, I'd love to see the next one.

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:31 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I believe the next one was "A Walk Through the Snow", which was also thoroughly enjoyable, and I recommend you play.

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:48 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I'm glad I'm not alone on thinking that. Now I should shut up since I don't want to spoil my thoughts for the judging that's never going to happen

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:27 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
THIS. GAME. NEEDS. PART 2! :momo:

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:03 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I might be yelled at for this, but can I please have .org files of the soundtrack? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :I want to make an .mp3 version of the soundtrack for my music player, but I'm too lazy to record the soundtrack off the viewer.
Also, I was very impressed with the mod. I actually thought it crashed at several points!

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:02 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
whatthepin said:
I might be yelled at for this, but can I please have .org files of the soundtrack? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :I want to make an .mp3 version of the soundtrack for my music player, but I'm too lazy to record the soundtrack off the viewer.
Also, I was very impressed with the mod. I actually thought it crashed at several points!
Here are all the songs I did.

If you want the rest, extract them from Rave View.

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:01 PM
Jun 23, 2015 at 8:37 PM
whatthepin said:
This is a version of the soundtrack that you can listen to on your media software/portable music player/etc. I looped each track four times.
MP3 (V0): https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqgkwp8lpvkeqg1/Rave%20Story%20OST%20%28MP3%29.zip?dl=0
And here is a version for people who like high quality stuff, or you just want to burn this to a CD. I looped each track four times, as before.
FLAC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhgr5qn5lmnweav/Rave%20Story%20OST%20%28FLAC%29.zip?dl=0
Because sharing is caring, right? :orangebell:
Technically the image I included is no longer accurate if you're adding the rest of the songs other people added, since it sort of implies they're all done by me? If you could change it to this that'd be super since I don't want to take credit for stuff that isn't mine.

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:49 PM
Uploading new versions now.

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:53 PM
Actually there are a few other things I'd like to point out.

The first is that the songs are mono now? Making "The Internet is Big" and "Song Inside a Machine" sound gross. True, I shouldn't rely on panning so much, but that's how they are, so they came out kinda weird in MP3 and Flac form. Fixable maybe?

Second, you could also adjust the metadata for contributing artists to properly credit them? (I know I didn't say who did what aside from in the games credits, my bad.) Off the top of my head, Carnival Night was done by Tpcool (credit him for the edits too), Unreasonable Behavior was done by Zenix, NoNameForEvil did Alcaholism Kills, and Wind Fortress is Pixel of course. The rest are still me.

Sorry if that seems like a lot of stuff to change, and you don't have to? But at least add the credits, if you can.

(And thanks for going through the effort to make soundtracks for this???? actually really cool of you to do so thanks)

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:28 PM
I'm really sorry about that.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:45 PM
whatthepin said:
I'm fixing all of those issues as we speak.
I'm really sorry about that.
Nah it's really fine. It's cool that you're doing it at all in the first place, and I hope you don't have too much trouble fixing them.

Infact if it's alright with you if the mono issue is fixed I'll put links to the soundtracks in the OP.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:20 PM
PolarStarGames said:
Nah it's really fine. It's cool that you're doing it at all in the first place, and I hope you don't have too much trouble fixing them.

Infact if it's alright with you if the mono issue is fixed I'll put links to the soundtracks in the OP.
If you think the mono issue is fixed, then I'm okay with that.
org2xm must really hate panning. The rest of the tracks are in stereo, though (Alcoholism Kills and Last Battle).

Fixed versions uploaded.