RaveStory v1.62 - Soundtrack compiled in Flac and MP3 formats by Whatthepin!

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:26 AM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
whatthepin said:
If you think the mono issue is fixed, then I'm okay with that.
org2xm must really hate panning. The rest of the tracks are in stereo, though (Alcoholism Kills and Last Battle).

Fixed versions uploaded.
Awesome thanks. Links are in the OP now.

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:30 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
PolarStarGames said:
Awesome thanks. Links are in the OP now.
Thanks, man!

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:22 AM
duncathan said:
bruh i at least deserve /some/ credit
FUCK I knew I forgot something sorryyyy

Whatthepin I hate to be a bother but could you adjust the title theme data to show that both Myself and Dunc worked on it?

And uh whatever other songs Dunc helped me with (Dunc this is where you come in and mention the other songs you helped me with if any)

You shouldn't even have to completely reupload the zips either. I mean dropbox will update them automatically but if you just take out the songs, adjust the data and put them back in they'll keep the same url so I won't have to fix the OP?

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:04 PM
PolarStarGames said:
FUCK I knew I forgot something sorryyyy

Whatthepin I hate to be a bother but could you adjust the title theme data to show that both Myself and Dunc worked on it?

And uh whatever other songs Dunc helped me with (Dunc this is where you come in and mention the other songs you helped me with if any)

You shouldn't even have to completely reupload the zips either. I mean dropbox will update them automatically but if you just take out the songs, adjust the data and put them back in they'll keep the same url so I won't have to fix the OP?
The final touches have been applied.

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:11 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Seeing as this got bumped I guess I'll mention I completed it recently. Props for the level of general attention to detail, art design and use of animation effects (glitchy or otherwise), wonky soundtrack, mapping and scripting, dialogue, and obviously even getting the thing finished in the first place. Lots of props! :debug: I particularly liked how the life capsules and other hidden goodies are integrated into the levels, and how the map themselves connected together. Thematically, I was kinda hoping the mod would take a more upbeat/less cynical route regarding the whole rave schtick, but I can't fault the execution. I'm always here to look forward to the future of modding, even if the mods don't :chin: Many appreciations to you the others who aided its creation.

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:11 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Como se abre la puerta al Llegar a rave
As the door opens to rave Reach /google traductor)

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2016 at 11:22 PM

(Usando el traductor de Google) Parece que hay un error en la traducción, no entiendo lo que quieres decir ?

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:15 AM
War criminal
I think he wants to know how to open the door at the Start Point.

Eto, necesitas repetir hablando con la puerta. Después de hablar con la puerta para muchos tiempos, debes entrar la Cueva Primera, y luego el Rave.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2016 at 6:17 PM
I don't mean to bump this thread any more, but I updated the soundtrack. The main thing is that the songs are tad louder than what they used to be, as they are all at the same volume level (-0.1 db) now, so you don't have to mess around with the volume as much. Also I fixed a couple of the tags. And lastly, I removed the track "Ambiance", as it was more of a sound effect in the game rather than BGM, despite it being in the OrgView.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2016 at 4:05 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

I said how is opens the door to rave story 2?

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:06 PM
I don't mean to bump this thread any more, but I updated the soundtrack. The main thing is that the songs are tad louder than what they used to be, as they are all at the same volume level (-0.1 db) now, so you don't have to mess around with the volume as much. Also I fixed a couple of the tags. And lastly, I removed the track "Ambiance", as it was more of a sound effect in the game rather than BGM, despite it being it the OrgView.

Cool nice, thanks.
Rest in peace the best song in the album though ;__;

I said how is opens the door to rave story 2?

????

Interact with the door repeatedly until it opens.

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 12:42 AM
EXTREME necrobump once again, but I have updated the FLAC/MP3 OST again after 5 years.

To put it simply, I compiled the mp3/flac versions of the OST when I was... not that proficient with audio, to say the least. When mastering the OST, I used the foobar2000 Organya extension to play the .org files as the source of the OST. And if you're familiar with that extension, it's not very accurate. At all. Some tracks sounded okay, but some sounded completely off when compared to how they sounded in the game. Uncertain Tension was a good example of this, where in the OST it sounds very bitcrushed, but in the game doesn't sound like that at all. Not to mention my audio mastering skills weren't the best at the time, so it could have been improved on that front. Having learned a lot more in the world of audio in the 5 years since I put it out, I was reminded of this and knew I had to finally correct the wrongs I did somehow.

So I took the liberty of throwing that old, ratty master away and completely remastered the OST today with the help of Clownacy's fork of org2xm, which is MUCH more accurate when pared up against the game, and also cleaned up the audio a bit for it to sound as clean as it possibly can be. All tracks also now loop thrice, since I thought some of the songs ended a bit earlier than they needed to. The links in the OP are still valid, and if you have the old version of the OST, please redownload it from the links in the OP to get the new, remastered version.

Enjoy!

Last edited: