quotecurescorona's questions of the days - a cool thread about questions about CS/CS+/CS3D (mostly)

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:13 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
why is the polar star in the chest in hermit gunsmith? couldn't you just have it at the start of the game as soon as you walk out the door in start point?
As Pixel pointed at GDC, the whole point of the blocks is to instil upon the player that this isn't Mario Bros, and that progression doesn't necessarily mean travelling in a rightwards direction. Secondly it gives you a problem that needs solving to progress. This lays down the groundwork of introducing any player to the basic principles of the metroidvania genre without any hand-holding. The physics of CS were pretty unique at the time and the first cave is designed help you adjust to them quite readily.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:44 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
question #3 - my mom's birthday edition (august 7th 2021):

what is Balrog?

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:43 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aug 21, 2021 at 6:29 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
question 4 (hey my birthday was yesterday! edition)

i'm out of questions- do you have questions that i can shamefully yoink?
(oh and also i haven't adressed this but how about giving joke answers that could be good? that was the whole point of me starting this...)

Aug 21, 2021 at 10:55 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
question 4 (hey my birthday was yesterday! edition)

i'm out of questions- do you have questions that i can shamefully yoink?
(oh and also i haven't adressed this but how about giving joke answers that could be good? that was the whole point of me starting this...)
Happy belated birthday!

A question you can yoink from me is "What is the connection between the first two crown holders and Possessed Misery?" They all have draconic/reptilian features, and we never were told who Misery's father is...