Quote and Curly: Siblings or Not? Vote!

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:55 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
duncathan said:
You seem to have left out the possibility of "neither"
Neither? As in, not siblings, and not NOT siblings?

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:10 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Fixer90 said:
Neither? As in, not siblings, and not NOT siblings?
I think he meant not siblings and not dating, and I kind of agree, you can argue that the relationship between the 2 could be comradery because while they do care for each other and actively try to save the other, that is something that friends will still do for other friends. The Iron Bond's description says Curly is the only one you can trust your back to.

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
n

I would have to move my fanfics to a different subsection if they were

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:42 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Neither, they're both comrades who fight for what they were programed to think what's right. I don't think it was Pixel's intention to make them siblings nor make them in some kind of romantic relationship, and I see neither being true because if either one were true, the story would probably focus a lot more on them. So what if it said they were made by the countries of the world sent to seize the Demon Crown, keep in mind there were more robots that came before and after so it'd be best to assume that the only robots to survive were the one's that speak the same language and control on the same function or were in the last batch which is why Quote and Curly are more well designed rather than the random blue robots around the island, it's assumed the blue ones came before. And if the robots were all programed to focus on the same task it'd explains why none of them fought against each other which is why Quote and Curly share a "comrade" relationship working towards what was the same goal. Case closed.

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:09 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I feel the characters aren't fleshed out enought to truely come to a conclusion. We may never know. I guess it's however a person interperates them I guess.

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:50 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I'd say not siblings. But, there's definitely a connection between them. Dating?
Well Quote did take the Pantsu... and didn't give them back...

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:30 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
As far as I can tell, the game only goes as far as saying that they're robots who were built together for a similar purpose, and trust each other as comrades and maybe friends. Anything beyond that is up to each player's interpretation. They could consider themselves siblings given the fact that they were probably built by the same people, or just partners, or they might just be close enough to fall in love. There's not much to support one over the other, really.

Personally, while I do find their ship pretty cute, I think they work best as artificial siblings and legitimate friends. ~w~

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:36 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Has anyone ever seen Mulan/Mulan 2? (Trust me, this is related)

Jul 29, 2015 at 1:33 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Goerge Bobicles said:
er? yes, how is this related though might I ask
Mulan and... uhh, Shang? Yeah, I think that was his name. Anyway, remember the whole "Yin and Yang" deal? Quote and Curly are opposites, like Yin and Yang; yet they fit so well together.

Curly is blonde, whereas Quote is black-haired; Curly is overenergetic, whereas Quote is calm cool and collective (ehh, from what I've seen, at least); Curly is female, Quote is male; etc.

My point is: Opposites attract. And practically: If they were bro and sis, they probably wouldn't look like such a good couple. I also think it's not as much about the "facts" as much as it is about what Pixel intended (whatever it was). To be honest, if I were Pixel I would have intended not to make them siblings, because that would make it more interesting (which could be so).

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:48 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Curly is blonde, whereas Quote is black-haired
And that makes them opposite?

Curly is overenergetic, whereas Quote is calm cool and collective
I don't know about you, but I love to have Quote jump all over the place, spamming the shoot button as long as I please.

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:19 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
If they're made by the same guy/girl, then they could technically be siblings. Kinda like Mega Man and Roll.

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:21 AM
"Huzzah!"
" and {'s relationship during the course of Cave Story is exclusively comradery, imo. Their relationship is mostly based around the fact they fight side by side, and that they share a relatively common goal. In the long run neither of them never really notion any deeper feelings for each other. I.E. " saved { in the core room because he just so happened to have had a tow rope on him at the time. Had he not, he would've kept going without her and have gotten the normal ending.

But you're probably thinking about the best ending, one where Balrog, ", and { live out the rest of their days in peace. Since their goal has been accomplished, their relationship as comrades has evolved into a relationship of true friendship, a remarkable thing to come from a pair of supposedly emotionless androids. As long as Cave Story's story is the only piece of cannon CS lore, anything is possible, and is mostly up to interpretation.

...N, as in neither

Sep 12, 2015 at 5:46 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
N
Ekhem, sorry about that,
I hate fan fics, but it's not a fan fic, it's just a fact: Curly loves Quote, and Quote loves Curly. That's why he saved her, and she saved him, She after the battle with the Core, giving him her air tank, and he saves her in the waterway in the best ending. Also, they were sent on the separate mission together. But wait. Maybe they weren't send, maybe they have shosen to go there together? But, it doesn't tell you about their love. They could still be siblings, right? But, look at this: why did Quote give Curly Iron Bond with HEARTH on it? because she loves her. Also, it is said many times that they have emotions. So they could be in love. That's my theory, sorry if it sounds like a fan fic.

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
HEARTH on it
The panties also have a ♥ on it.
Also, the fact that Quote and Curly have been send thogether doesn't explain why the two help each other before giving the Ma Pignon to Curly, as both lost their memory prior to that.

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:35 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hm, right, but as i said, they fell in love. It doesn't matter that they lost memory, if they were programmed to love each other, they will do this even if they had deleted memory. Same as with humans, if you have someone who you love, then even if you will loose your memory you will still love her/him, because your mind was created like this. Also, remember that it is only a theory.

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
if they were programmed to love each other, they will do this even if they had deleted memory. Same as with humans, if you have someone who you love, then even if you will loose your memory you will still love her/him, because your mind was created like this. Also, remember that it is only a theory.
Love is a learned emotion, nobody starts with it, even the relationship between parent and child is bonded over time and experiences. My grandmother is going through alzheimer's dementia, and I can assure you that her thoughts towards others even my dad are not the same.

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Backseat moderating/misaccusation
N
Ekhem, sorry about that,
I hate fan fics, but it's not a fan fic, it's just a fact: Curly loves Quote, and Quote loves Curly. That's why he saved her, and she saved him, She after the battle with the Core, giving him her air tank, and he saves her in the waterway in the best ending. Also, they were sent on the separate mission together. But wait. Maybe they weren't send, maybe they have shosen to go there together? But, it doesn't tell you about their love. They could still be siblings, right? But, look at this: why did Quote give Curly Iron Bond with HEARTH on it? because she loves her. Also, it is said many times that they have emotions. So they could be in love. That's my theory, sorry if it sounds like a fan fic.
N
Ekhem, sorry about that,
Double post. Please take one of those down. Refer to the forum rules as well.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015 at 4:35 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Shameless double post. Please take one of those down. Refer to the forum rules as well.
calling this a "Shameless double post" is simultaneously rude, nonsensical and backseat moderating
like first off you're not a mod holy shit neither am I but I have more to say so it's almost okay
second, calling it "shameless" is just fucking rude
do you think he's proud of doing that or something
there's nothing "shameless" about it whatsoever