Quote and Curly Have "Souls"

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Which character of the game killed the most living creatures?
Quote.

Which character doesn't say a word and only stares in empty expression?
Quote.

Who sells the embodied soul of King to a midget for a Duck Launcher?
Quote.

Who is the most dangerous figure in the game, practically killing a god?
Quote.

Now, if we were to say Quote never had amnesia, and always knew his purpose, and the Best Ending was the only ending, then this would be his processor throughout the game:

Primary purpose is to destroy the Demon Crown.
Investigate in order to find it.
This Sue person is probably your best lead to it.
In order to use her intel you have to rescue her from Mimiga Jail, and murdering the Mimiga would likely result in her resistance.
"Doctor" may be something to look into.
Follow biggest lead to Doctor (The SandZone).
Curly partner identified, ally with her toward common goal.
Demon Crown located, all efforts toward destroying its current user.
Make sure Curly can be alive to back you up.
Find any leads to relocate Doctor.
After helping Momorin build rocket, confront Doctor.
Demon Crown possibly destroyed.
Sweep the area to verify this.
Take Curly to cover you.
Threat found, seems tied to Demon Crown.
Essence of Demon Crown destroyed.
Stand still with purpose verified complete as they say stuff and take your body somewhere.

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:11 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yeah, maybe they were actually built with a mechanical brain created from a brainmap, and have they parts of the brain interacting as cells do, therefore making them partially human, and with it haveing an artificial consince, yet lacking a soul since they never got to have an essence of 2 other souls intertwin to create a new soul, thus they will never be able to have an afterlife, but can technically still live forever and such... Well, no more diving into philosophical thoughts for me. I utterly confused myself.

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Quote and curly: can do advance problem solving, can show compassion and remorse, are extremely determined to complete their sought after goals, can digest organic material, and are unpredictable(well, at least quote is). I don't know what the requirement for a soul is, or how vague the next guy/gal is going to define it(if at all) but maybe it may have to do with these qualities, or maybe not.

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:59 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
QuoteHax said:
It would make sense because they really care for others and whatnot. Why else would quote save the mimiga? Was it his job? Why would Curly have panties? It's not like robots need a reproductive system. Unless their reproductive system is actually a USB port to upload and download data from quote to curly... Enough talking about that, Curly obviously has the full set of emotions that were coded into her. Quote has the ability to use his emotions, He just rarely uses them. They move fluidly like humans, unless they are using the legs that Hot and Ready created to show how you can walk to get pizza, Those have fluid movement. A soul is one of those things that allows something to move, but the soul is trapped inside of the body. When the soul somehow escapes the body, it is probably molded into the shape of the body. That's how people see ghosts. My mother tells me that there was someone I was friends with named "Tommy" And I was actually just staring at a wall when I spoke to it. It wasn't just an overwhelmed imagination because I was only 1 year old at the time and I could barely walk or talk, thus my imagination was not fully developed yet. Quote and all the other robots have souls, They act like humans and do that job pretty well... But here's the question... How did they put a soul into a robot?
Easy. Their programming may be as advanced like Reploids from the Mega Man X/Z/ZX series, having the freedom to do what they want.

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:37 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Done. It's over. They are Reploids. Problem solved. Go on home everybody, our work here is done.

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:15 PM
"Huzzah!"
Lawsuit incoming

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:52 PM
Its dark in here
Bionicobot said:
Done. It's over. They are Reploids. Problem solved. Go on home everybody, our work here is done.
I highly doubt that quote or curly are in any way design based off of Megaman X(character), plus Proto man was able to think and feel on his own anyway. they are both just androids with independant thoughts and emotions.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:26 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Bionicobot said:
it took us 5 pages to get to this response
I was going to post this right when I saw this thread but people were actually taking it seriously for some reason
but really this is the real answer
they have mildly advanced programming that allows them to do whatever the hell this is. that's all.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:14 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i'm going to put a ton of effort in this post regarding the feelings quote and curly have
but mainly i'm going to talk about how quote is mario and how mario has a soul
also i'm going to tie cave story into the deep lore of doom ii, such as when quote shoots at monsters

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:55 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Bionicobot said:
This would in a way make sense. The Whimsical Star share similar attributes to the combat Cyber Elves from the Zero series.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:47 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
QuoteHax said:
Yes they have soles in their shoes... Oh that's not what were talking about? Okay, Alrighty then.

It would make sense because they really care for others and whatnot. Why else would quote save the mimiga? Was it his job? Why would Curly have panties? It's not like robots need a reproductive system. Unless their reproductive system is actually a USB port to upload and download data from quote to curly... Enough talking about that, Curly obviously has the full set of emotions that were coded into her. Quote has the ability to use his emotions, He just rarely uses them. They move fluidly like humans, unless they are using the legs that Hot and Ready created to show how you can walk to get pizza, Those have fluid movement. A soul is one of those things that allows something to move, but the soul is trapped inside of the body. When the soul somehow escapes the body, it is probably molded into the shape of the body. That's how people see ghosts. My mother tells me that there was someone I was friends with named "Tommy" And I was actually just staring at a wall when I spoke to it. It wasn't just an overwhelmed imagination because I was only 1 year old at the time and I could barely walk or talk, thus my imagination was not fully developed yet. Quote and all the other robots have souls, They act like humans and do that job pretty well... But here's the question... How did they put a soul into a robot?
A soul isn't an actual thing. It's what people perceive as their embodiment of... them. It's what we can grasp as our essence. We cannot grasp the true form of our existence. Quote and Curly have souls. But one question remains...

What the hell is Quote's personality?
We know he has one. What we can tell is he's a little perverted...

:pignon:

#IDidItForTheCurlyMode

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
BitStar0 said:
A soul isn't an actual thing. It's what people perceive as their embodiment of... them. It's what we can grasp as our essence. We cannot grasp the true form of our existence. Quote and Curly have souls. But one question remains...

What the hell is Quote's personality?
We know he has one. What we can tell is he's a little perverted...

:pignon:

#IDidItForTheCurlyMode
#Panties
#Lipstick
#Furry

Are things that describe Quote's personality.

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:09 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
WHy would they need to plug into eachother anyway? After all, theres bluetooth. And the cloud.

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:04 AM
War criminal
Given that the game was released in 2004, and the war took place 10 years prior to the game, it's gonna take more than just plugging into each other.

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:30 AM
Its dark in here
TLincoln said:
Given that the game was released in 2004, and the war took place 10 years prior to the game, it's gonna take more than just plugging into each other.
in game, no time was given. I always imagined the game took place in the 20th century that our grandparents and parents thought up in their youth. you know, the one with efficient jet packs, mass produced flying cars, robot people, people with green hair, and where children are learning higher math and science at younger ages.

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Also, could scientists not copy the entire brain, cell by cell, into an electronic brain> Sounds too sci-fi but it could happen.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:19 PM
Its dark in here
funwillfunwill said:
Also, could scientists not copy the entire brain, cell by cell, into an electronic brain> Sounds too sci-fi but it could happen.
they need only replicate a brain's function(s) how they do it isn't really an issue. Qoute's "brain" could actually be the computer that Kazuma was using in that shelter in grass town. think about it, Qoute is activated after Kazuma uses it to try to contact Sue, and we see all the times that Kazuma uses it afterword.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:43 PM
War criminal
Plot twist: Kazuma has been controlling Quote the entire game.

May 10, 2015 at 3:09 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, here's what I think:
Quote and Curly are closer to Reploids in the Mega Man X Series, as both are considered to have free will and a "soul". And it seems some people agree with me.

May 11, 2015 at 3:43 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
TLincoln said:
Plot twist: Kazuma has been controlling Quote the entire game.
Oh my.

What if Kazuma unknowingly activated Quote's AI to activate and save Sue. What if that caused him to take in all the information. IF KAZUMA NEVER SKYPED SUE... It all makes sense now...