Question about turning back time??

Mar 9, 2007 at 12:32 AM
mgs1417
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
I made it to hell but it's pretty difficult and I already used my life pot on the previous boss fights. So my question is if I can use the bookshelf to turn back time and get the life pot back and still try hell again

Thanks

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:07 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
mgs1417 said:
I made it to hell but it's pretty difficult and I already used my life pot on the previous boss fights. So my question is if I can use the bookshelf to turn back time and get the life pot back and still try hell again

Thanks

lol bookshelf turn back the time isn't really turning back the time it just transports you to the Balcony 2, so no there isn't.

Mar 9, 2007 at 10:25 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
1.if you really need it just find a profile save on the tribute site
2. theres no way to get it back either start a new game or refer to answer 1

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:27 PM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
1.if you really need it just find a profile save on the tribute site

Which is cheating :p

Mar 10, 2007 at 12:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I made the hell withouth the life pot... It's not really that necesary if you aren't in a speed run, just go slowly and you'll make it to heavy press with a decent health (if not with full health)

Mar 10, 2007 at 1:01 PM
Hoxtilicious
Viper Kirby said:
I made the hell withouth the life pot... It's not really that necesary if you aren't in a speed run, just go slowly and you'll make it to heavy press with a decent health (if not with full health)

I don't like the lifepot in my personal opinion its cheating but some mr. knowitallbetter said it isn't and I can't say that, so I changed my opinion because I don't want get people cry :p

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:56 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
It's not cheating even in the opinion sense mostly because an in-game character gives it to you. There is no reason at all NOT to use it beyond if you're good enough to not need it. And it even proves worth by going through the Balcony and Final Cave on Hard mode without using it if you want to use it during Hell. >_<

That's like saying using the Knights of the Round summon in Final Fantasy 7 is cheating, despite that you *earn* it by doing a lengthy sidequest.

Mar 10, 2007 at 3:24 PM
Hoxtilicious
Osmose said:
It's not cheating even in the opinion sense mostly because an in-game character gives it to you. There is no reason at all NOT to use it beyond if you're good enough to not need it. And it even proves worth by going through the Balcony and Final Cave on Hard mode without using it if you want to use it during Hell. >_<

Ok, I will shut up before another one cries again. :p

Edit: This doesn't mean I will fully change my opinion, c'mon guys, don't try anymore it's lost time.

Mar 11, 2007 at 11:17 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Ok, I will shut up before another one cries again. ;)

Edit: This doesn't mean I will fully change my opinion, c'mon guys, don't try anymore it's lost time.

i thought we settled this -_-....
now every one stop crying :p

Mar 11, 2007 at 11:38 PM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
i thought we settled this -_-....
now every one stop crying ;)

omg looool :p
by teh way it was long time ago, you wasn't online for days

Mar 12, 2007 at 5:31 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
hmm yeah i been busy.. and the site was being slow so i didnt check for a while
lol

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
hmm yeah i been busy.. and the site was being slow so i didnt check for a while
lol

I hope you're active now again ;P

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:59 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Speaking of hellruns...

diph.php

Anyway, the life pot is incredibly useful if you want to get a time like mine.

What you need:

-Spur
-Sword
-Super Missiles
-Life Pot

---

Rooms:
SG - BF1:
On your way down, ignore the 1st two energy capsules. Level up the super missiles on the way down the final drop...
(Overall time: < 0'20"0)

SG - BF2:
This is probably the only hard room, really. use the booster at all times, and be sure to use it as close to the floor as possible. getting hurt and being angles upward eats away at your time... Try to keep at least 20HP by the end of it.
(Overall time: < 0'42"0)

SG - BF3:
Ah, the fun room. It's kinda tricky to explain it all, but here's some pointers:
- Use the spur at all times.
- on the 4th deleet, just go under it. Use the 10-damage spikes to keep from getting killed.
- After the 5th deleet, if you're health is low (under 20), use the life pot.
- When you get to heavy press, fire a good powered spur charge up into it, then swap to the level 2 S.Missiles. Fire upward at him like a berserker, and be sure to avoid his attack.
(Overall time: < 2'00"0)

Passage?:
Nothing much here, just walk to the right.

Corridor:
Keep from charging your spur, you can't open doors while it's charged. At the same time, try to time your boosts right, as this room eats your time aswell.
(Overall time: < 2'10"0)

Seal chamber:
This is it. The final battle. It may not seem it, but it's incredibly easy.
=Ballos=
Round 1... FIGHT! As soon as he gets into his fighting stance, blast his arm off with the full powered spur. However, before you fire it, step away a bit... After you blast him, turn around, start walking away, and MASH THE FIRE BUTTON LIKE HECK. Curly's nemisis will do a nice amount of damage. Now, during this round, repeat the prosess using level 3 shots. Try to fire a few off in the air, aswell.
=Giga Ballos=
Yes, I gave him a name. So sue me. During the intermission, fly up and take out some of the green devils. They'll drop 5 exp each, or a heart/missile. any of the three are good. During this time, you can try to level up the sword, although it doesn't matter. As soon as you see the cursor, start charging the spur. Hop off onto whichever eye, and fire the full powered spur. Imediatly after doing so, swith to your blade, and face away from him. Now then, MASH THE FIRE BUTTON. keep on doing this until he's dead. It shouldn't take too long. In fact, this form would normally eat away at your time if you just used the spur. However, the sword, combined with the nemisis do about 40 damage a shot. That's pretty damn awsome. Now, if you got off to a good start, he should be dead by the 2nd time he jumps.
=Demi Ballos'=
Now, the fun part. There is a quick little intermission, a bit too short to gain much, but you can try. If you grabbed the +24 missiles in hell while a deleet was counting down, good for you. If you can level up the super missiles to lv 3 during the intermissions, you might just beat 3'30"0. In any case, you can chose to fire upward at the demi's with the spur, or super missiles, and then switch out to the sword while they're on the ground, or just continue to use charged shots. If you can beat this form in a single cycle, You should have beaten the 4'00"0 already. but meh. Try to get rid of all 8 of them in 2 or 3 cycles.
=Undead Ballos=
Here it is. The final part. I'm sure you're adreneline will be pumping away, if your timer says ~3'15"0. But dont let that sych you. During the intermission, kill the green devils as they all scramble away. This'll fill up your health a bit. Also, if you still happen to have the life pot, use it now. Start charging up that spur of yours...
Okay, ready? here we go. jump up, and fire that spur in-between 2 demi ballos'. Try to aim more at the eye'd one. Now, keep jumping up on the left side of him, charging up to level 3, and fireing in-between each time. if you happened to have leveled your super missiles to 3 at the time, he'd probably be dead by now. But meh. After you get him down to about 1/2 health, you can just continue spurring away, of you can hop into the corner of his eye, and blast him away with level 2 missiles, or the sword.

With a little luck, and alot of hope, you should beat him in under 4'00"0. If not, try to improve how you pull things off in hell.

...</offtopic>

Mar 14, 2007 at 8:54 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
ive never tried the snake..
does any one have a save they can upload that is up to the hellrun
with snake?
because that would be greatly apreciated

Mar 14, 2007 at 1:19 PM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
ive never tried the snake..
does any one have a save they can upload that is up to the hellrun
with snake?
because that would be greatly apreciated

It was a original save but I added the Nemesis with hacking. :D

There you go. ;)

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:16 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I just started a new game the other day, got the snake, and pwned hell in 3'10"4...

Snake ftw D:

Mar 14, 2007 at 10:11 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Hmm im pretty sucky with the snake

do you level it as you go down or do you level the
missle launcher? whats the strategy with it because i
keep on getting hit alot.

Mar 14, 2007 at 10:30 PM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
Hmm im pretty sucky with the snake

do you level it as you go down or do you level the
missle launcher? whats the strategy with it because i
keep on getting hit alot.

The thing is to shoot through the walls to make the counters start very soon.

Mar 14, 2007 at 11:26 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
lol i didnt think of that
do i use the snake for the enemys as well? :p