Quest

Oct 23, 2006 at 6:54 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I've decided to post my mod here.

There is no story except that your out to save the world from an evil vampire (Castlevania anyone?) and that means that right now, there is no info. Once I have made the story then I may think about making the intro.

So far I have <4> screenies:

v-Can you say, rubbish?-v

v-You need to climb and get this, otherwise your screwed!-v

v-RAWR STAGE 2! Meh, it's a Garden, very short, as with all the first 3 levels.-v

And now the demo! It only goes up to the first boss battle.( :D )
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1118852/Quest.rar.html

PS: All graphics are subject to change, excpet for the title name ;)

Oct 23, 2006 at 7:32 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh, Very nice! I'am awaiting new graphics with eargerness ;)

Edit: Oh well I hate these uploaders... There are sooo much other who are 1000X Better but why do you guys don't upload there??

DROPNET

ESNIPS

FILESPACE

Oct 23, 2006 at 9:53 PM
Was that sarcasm? J/k

I used it 'cause I was kind of in a hurry >.> I'll upload the next demo on one of those 2, now to fix the screenies!

v-Darn, stupid hole forced me to begin the level again-v

Oct 23, 2006 at 11:35 PM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Me likey. I was worried at first with the limited ammo but didn't bother me after I noticed it refills on the next stage. (though for bosses that could be a problem..maybe have a weak weapon with unlimited?)

I like the stage by stage aspect of it, and I think it could be a lot of fun if it was really long with progressively harder stages.

Oct 24, 2006 at 12:43 AM
Hoxtilicious
CociCookie said:
Was that sarcasm? J/k

I used it 'cause I was kind of in a hurry >.> I'll upload the next demo on one of those 2, now to fix the screenies!

v-Darn, stupid hole forced me to begin the level again-v

Sarcasm? Whuts that? :p He, I mosten say things directly -.- Take it serious!

Edit: Sue's Workshop is much more helpfull than miza ;)

Edit 2: Played it! Very Nice! Well, but music isnt the best XD Maybe a little bit more horror? ^^ Well King's Theme was for Level Part, the Part with the moving stones was funny XDD And then boss omfg Opression <33 But a little bit too hard music for Balrog 1 ;)

Oct 24, 2006 at 3:22 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Arright, just played through it (best ending to a beta version EVER <3).
And platformy goodness :p I like muchly. Pretty simple so far, not really much to say, but there are a couple of things you could fix, mostly with the second map. Firstly, with the jumping blocks set across the top, you go off the map when jumping and end up having to take guesstimates of where you'll land. Not exactly hard, but it's a bit annoying, unless it's what you actually wanted (and all for 1 HP ;) ) Also the Giant Pignon you put in there walks straight off the map when you enter, and some of the critters do too if you let them. Looks funny but kinda defeats the purpose of having to fight them.
So yeah, nice job, I will await the next version... um... awaitingly. ;)

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:54 AM
Yeah, I left in the G Pignon in there for the fun of watching it being a twerp and walking off! Yeah, I might up it to 2 (It is meant to be hard ;) I actually managd to time the jumps, and that reminds me of something...)

A good thing I put in was the fact that because there are no Save points, as it is meant to be a platformer style game, so I have it saving at the start of the level, eventually, I will have checkpoints (Especially in the longer levels).Btw, there is going to be a level that is, according to my unmade, but should be, map, a level below the garden.

Beware, If I can get it to work right, I'm going to make a very dangerous level, but it wont be insta kill (a late level, you'll have enough HP to survive a fdew hits).

Oct 24, 2006 at 12:39 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
There's a couple of glitchy messed up things. For example, falling off the left side of stage one makes you fall into the bottomless pit Runelancer mentioned (in the other thread), and can't get the message to appear. you eventually drown, but it's annoying to wait. In stage 2, going back on yourself makes the "fell into a bottomless pit, attempt again?" message appear. It needs to take you back to Stage 1. Going into the first boss room, if you fall back down, it does the same thig as Stage 1.

So, in all, it's good, just needs a few scripting things to look at. And yes, use Sue's Workshop. Of the two, it's the better.

Edit: Also going into the small climb, going back into stage 2 doesn't do anything, and, bottomless pit again.

Oct 24, 2006 at 6:45 PM
Glitchy Nates fixed, And I am using Sue's workshop, there are only 4 maps (In the Demo) if you use Sue's 0_o But any way! New screeny! It shows my Time with only the basic starting few squares of the 4th level, still looking for a way to make Press enemies invulnerable! My time is rubbish 'cause I went for every item and fell off twice!

I've stopped the glitch, its meant to play like an Old-School platformer game so going back between stages would be dumb -.- Just got to fix 2 more glitches (1 in stage 2, 1 with the blocks in stage 3)

EDIT: Oh bloody turd

Screeny below

EDIT 2: Removed Nikimaru Timer, It was being a butt on save loadup, so when I've finished I'll make a Time Attack version with no saving what so ever! That means all stages, right up to whatever I decide the last stage is going to be, will have no saving at all and no checkpoints!

Oct 24, 2006 at 9:48 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Phantom gave you an answer in the other thread, concerning press enemies, but if you missed it here it is again.

You need to edit npc.tbl. This file, which cannot be edited from Sue's, contains information on enemy behavior. It doesn't contain the code powering enemies, but it does contain properties such as which graphics to use and how the enemy behaves, physically. You will need a hex editor.

I don't have access to IDs and offsets, but there's a list on the CS site here that indicates which enemies have which ID, and there are many documents on npc.tbl hacking on the boards and the site. Find the press entity (let's suppose it's 200 - it ISN'T but let's pretend it is) If memory serves well, the first chunk in the file are flags, and are 2 bytes each. So 200 x 2 = 400. Go to offset 400 (0x0190 in hex) and look through some spr.dat documentation to figure out which flags you need (again, if memory seves well, it's something like 04 or 08... CHECK first because I haven't touched this in a few months.)

That will solve your problem. Not all things can be edited with Sue's. ;)

Oct 24, 2006 at 10:12 PM
Hoxtilicious
RuneLancer said:
That will solve your problem. Not all things can be edited with Sue's. ;)

Even Assembly and Recource Hacking ;) Did ya saw the ORG I made Rune? :p
If ya want to have the offset or more help then just feel free to contact me Coci.

Oct 27, 2006 at 2:44 PM
Ah well, notmuch progress, it appears to have Star blocks it has to be part of the tileset >.< now I just got to work out how they configure the tilesets so i can make these darned puzzles work >.<

Oct 27, 2006 at 3:18 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
CociCookie said:
Ah well, notmuch progress, it appears to have Star blocks it has to be part of the tileset >.< now I just got to work out how they configure the tilesets so i can make these darned puzzles work >.<
Star blocks are actually a type of tile. In Sue's, you can edit the type applied to a tile and set it to behave, for instance, like water. It's in one of the menus - not sure which seeing as I don't have access to Sue's at work.

I've never used Star Blocks in my hack but I think the graphics get replaced if the type is set to star block. Someone else can confirm this, if I'm wrong, or you can just try it out and see what happens. ;)

Oct 27, 2006 at 5:11 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Indeed, usually it is one of the strange looking blocks. Sometimes they say "SN" on them. You can edit the properties of tilesets with Tools >> Tileset Editor.

Nov 4, 2006 at 2:02 PM
Ok I'm just putting this mod On Hold for some time: I've decided to do another hack, CastlevaniaStory, first and maybe learn some assembly first so i can finish this off... Even with this said, I still have to wait for Ballos' Lab to make the weapons do what I will want them to do! (Snake destroy blacks, make some AoE damage for the Rocket launcher)

So until further notice: ON HOLD

Nov 5, 2006 at 9:12 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Oh drat :p
I don't suppose we could get a Beta version to play with...?

Nov 5, 2006 at 11:10 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Yeah, let us look at what you have. Just copy the folder and go into it with Sue's, deleting everything you don't want us to see.

Nov 5, 2006 at 11:42 AM
Hey I only said it was on hold! Not that I' stopping progress on it forever!

Anywayz, There wouldn't be much to what I have it would only have like 1/4 of the next stage + edited stage 2, stage 3 (A lot safer, you can't get crushed (IF you stand in the right place)) and boss arena (Alot easier, you can just platform hop!)

So meh I'm not releasing it! I'm too in motion with CastlevaniaStory (RAWR WHIP)