Puu Black is Puu from the Beta.

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:10 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Join Date: Aug 16, 2014
Location: no
Posts: 844
Age: 21
Okay, I didn't see it in the theories section, and if it has been discussed, then sorry. I belive that Puu Black is Puu from the beta of Cave Story, only dead. It's been stated that Puu Black is a ghost, and I can't believe that this hasn't been connected before. The sprites are very similar, the only difference being a pallet swap. So, I think that Pixel liked the design of Puu, and decided to at least keep the memory of him in a ghost boss form. Also, they have the same name.
 
Feb 14, 2015 at 5:21 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Join Date: May 24, 2013
Location:
Posts: 539
Bionicobot said:
Okay, I didn't see it in the theories section, and if it has been discussed, then sorry. I belive that Puu Black is Puu from the beta of Cave Story, only dead. It's been stated that Puu Black is a ghost, and I can't believe that this hasn't been connected before. The sprites are very similar, the only difference being a pallet swap. So, I think that Pixel liked the design of Puu, and decided to at least keep the memory of him in a ghost boss form. Also, they have the same name.
I think we've all got the connection between puu and puu black a loooooooonnnnnnngggggg llllooooooonnnnnnggggggg time ago.but yeah, puu black being the ghost of puu, out to seek vengeance sounds like a pretty awesome idea actually.
 
Feb 14, 2015 at 7:52 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Join Date: Nov 21, 2013
Location: farther
Posts: 922
Age: 25
Yeah... this isn't really a theory because pixel confirmed this himself. Both Puu Black and Dr. Gero are beta easter eggs as are probably many things in the labrynth.
 
Feb 14, 2015 at 2:15 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Join Date: Aug 16, 2014
Location: no
Posts: 844
Age: 21
That's Puu, not Puu black.
 
Feb 14, 2015 at 2:18 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Aug 28, 2009
Location: The Purple Zone
Posts: 5998
do you think that the mimigas might be based on rabbits too
 
Feb 14, 2015 at 2:47 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Join Date: Aug 16, 2014
Location: no
Posts: 844
Age: 21
"In Japanese tradition, rabbits live on the Moon where they make mochi, the popular snack of mashed sticky rice. This comes from interpreting the pattern of dark patches on the moon as a rabbit standing on tiptoes on the left pounding on an usu, a Japanese mortar"
That might be true, Noxid. Thanks for the little info hunt. I now know a bit more about Japanese culture. Who knows, maybe the island is just a strange meteor moon, like Mars's two moons.
 
Feb 14, 2015 at 3:08 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: Apr 19, 2009
Location:
Posts: 3788
Age: 16
While we're cracking this hidden lore wide open, do you guys think that Arthur and King are references to another story? I have suspicions but could never find a connection.
 
Feb 14, 2015 at 4:51 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Join Date: Aug 16, 2014
Location: no
Posts: 844
Age: 21
What? It may be my screen, I probably wasn't able to see it... Sorry.
 
Feb 14, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Join Date: Nov 21, 2013
Location: farther
Posts: 922
Age: 25
Bionicobot said:
What? It may be my screen, I probably wasn't able to see it... Sorry.
if you watch the link so kindly provided by liammillay, you'll see that both Puu and Puu Black are in the beta.
 
Feb 14, 2015 at 7:39 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Join Date: Aug 16, 2014
Location: no
Posts: 844
Age: 21
My colors are messed up, remember? I can't see it, my computer makes it to dark...
 
Feb 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Join Date: Aug 16, 2014
Location: no
Posts: 844
Age: 21
Moniter. I belive it is either the battery can't support the backlight, the backlight is broken, or the cords are dissconected or frayed.
 
Feb 16, 2015 at 2:13 AM
Junior Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Join Date: Nov 1, 2014
Location:
Posts: 13
deleted
 
Last edited:
Feb 17, 2015 at 5:00 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Join Date: May 24, 2013
Location:
Posts: 539
Captain Fabulous said:
While we're cracking this hidden lore wide open, do you guys think that Arthur and King are references to another story? I have suspicions but could never find a connection.
I feel so stupid for realizing that king and Arthur put together is "king arthur".

Its starting to make sense now, king is the leader of the village, and Arthur was fucking legendary.
 
Feb 17, 2015 at 6:04 AM
The Tortoise. Slow, yet (questionably) steady.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Join Date: Apr 23, 2013
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1036
Age: 24
Parkraft123 said:
I feel so stupid for realizing that king and Arthur put together is "king arthur".

Its starting to make sense now, king is the leader of the village, and Arthur was fucking legendary.
Woah, that is deep.

I think you are on to something.
 
Top