Prophecy: The Holy Sage

May 20, 2011 at 10:32 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Prophecy is a mod that I am making (not done yet) with two versions, good and evil. I am just a beginner so no harsh words if you don't like it.

May 20, 2011 at 10:36 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Demo 1 link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9n3y53cpvklca5t

That's a pretty short demo with only a few changes from the original cave story, I made it short because I wanted the first demo to be a sample of the one of the main characters and the first weapon. I also made this demo because any feedback on this will help improve the game when it's finished.
Hope you like it!:orangebell:

IMPORTANT!: The file's password protected to keep random strangers who probably don't know what the file is from downloading it. Anyway the password is "bobbybill"

May 20, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Right off the bat, I would reccommend just PMing the password to people that are interested in your mod. If a person who is a stranger wants to download your mod, wouldn't they look at the forums post to get the download link, thus seeing the password that is in the same post?

Looking forward to playing your mod, but I'm using an old laptop right now (my regular computer is down, I'm going to fix it later) so I can't play it at the moment.

May 21, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
mediafire doesn't bother to hide the actual file links from Google, i'm pretty sure other file hosting sites do.
Still, the password thing is an unnecessary hassle

May 21, 2011 at 1:19 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I agree, the password thing is not really needed. Anyway, I played it, and it's not bad, it can be hard to tell who's talking at the Hermit Gunsmith. I can tell you'll just need face pics and stuff. It's not really much of a demo, though. Oh, and at the end, when he's talking, you should use an <MS3 instead of an <MSG.

May 21, 2011 at 1:55 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
This thread needs to be moved to ideas and development.

May 21, 2011 at 1:58 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
There is a playable demo, therefore, it belongs where it is.

May 21, 2011 at 7:04 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
thx! I apriciate the feedback, and yeah the hermit gunsmith is supposed to be a wizzard but when I try to delete him from the map and put whatever else down it says error saving file. And each time the msg screen closes it's a different person talking. ps immah remove da password, but not right now gotta go.

May 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
make sure the files aren't read only.

May 21, 2011 at 9:11 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I know, I do that every time i use cave editor and I check remove pixel requirement too.

ps WoodenRat is helping me make the mod and he downloaded it and is revamping some graphics so i'll post the new demo (just new graphics as far as I know) here as soon as I hes done. So i give him credit for the new graphics but I'll be makin most of the mod (but i appreciate his help either way)

Ok heres another demo (this one was just me, not the one wooden rat is doing) Its a lot better than the last one. I fixed the "Wizard" (he stands up now) and edited a bit of stuff.
heres the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nx577klym74v10c
No password this time!

May 22, 2011 at 10:02 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
How do you use .rar stuff?

May 22, 2011 at 10:16 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Here's demo1v3:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?023gatmwog3b3a9
Its got way better maps and it's improved a quite a bit thanks to my good friend Voyce (I also did some of it)

ps: Quote the robot, You extract it with a program like WinRar first then you can use it like a regular file. And this thread is not where you would ask that question, there's a thread called quick modding/hacking answers where they can probably help you if you have any more questions.

May 22, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Game Reaper said:
there's a thread called quick modding/hacking answers where they can probably help you if you have any more questions.

But it's not even a modding/hacking related question...

May 22, 2011 at 10:27 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
hmm... I guess you're right, ok then just ask around in the satellite lounge because thats the only other place where it might be answered.