Post Your Favorite Game Track

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have too many faves so I'll post a few.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Mute City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft7458wmD6k&feature=related
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Vs. Ridley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpU7oSBJWCo&feature=related
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Boss Theme 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRVQepf0iQ&feature=related
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Flat Zone 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMJGsShgvRI&feature=related
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Victory Road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2xBs8yi-nA&feature=related

They are all in the same game but all of them ('cept Boss Theme 2) where originally from other game series. (1st was FZero, 2nd was Metroid, 4th was Game & Watch and 5th was Pokemon.)

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This might be a kinda necro'd thread, but it's a GOOD thread, so let it be a good thing it was brought back.

I have many, many, many favorite video game themes. I'm a pretty huge video game music junkie. Here, have some samples.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Flower Garden. This is like the distilled essence of Saturday morning put into a song. It may be my absolute favorite.

Mega Man 3 - Title. Probably the best thing ever made with the NES soundchip. One of the all-time great pieces of video game music even in 2010.

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest. CT is one of my favorite games of all time and may have some of the best music ever, but while everyone throws around Magus' theme as the best song from this game (and it is great, don't get me wrong) my absolute favorites would have to be this and Corridors of Time.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Forest Interlude. Again, an amazing game with an amazing score, but most people only talk about Stickerbrush Symphony. I find Forest Interlude overall more chill and mellow and a better song, though I love them both.

DooM - I Sawed the Demons. The best of PC game music is right here, baby.

Sonic and Knuckles - Lava Reef Zone Act 1. I loved the Genesis soundchip and the Sonic games always made the best use of it. This may be the single most "in my head" song from that series, this or Metropolis from Sonic 2. Sky Sanctuary is another high contender for the epic feel it conveys.

Breath of Fire III - Fight!. My all time favorite RPG battle music, and I've played a ton of RPGs. It's just such a great mix of happy-go-lucky and more serious attitudes of all your party members and it fits every part of the game, from fighting off slimes with your bros at the lighthearted beginning to waging war with battle-hardened androids at the end.

And that's just a little tiny sample of some of my very favorites!~

Aug 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
ragnaroq said:
This might be a kinda necro'd thread, but it's a GOOD thread, so let it be a good thing it was brought back.

I have many, many, many favorite video game themes. I'm a pretty huge video game music junkie. Here, have some samples.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Flower Garden. This is like the distilled essence of Saturday morning put into a song. It may be my absolute favorite.

Mega Man 3 - Title. Probably the best thing ever made with the NES soundchip. One of the all-time great pieces of video game music even in 2010.

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest. CT is one of my favorite games of all time and may have some of the best music ever, but while everyone throws around Magus' theme as the best song from this game (and it is great, don't get me wrong) my absolute favorites would have to be this and Corridors of Time.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Forest Interlude. Again, an amazing game with an amazing score, but most people only talk about Stickerbrush Symphony. I find Forest Interlude overall more chill and mellow and a better song, though I love them both.

DooM - I Sawed the Demons. The best of PC game music is right here, baby.

Sonic and Knuckles - Lava Reef Zone Act 1. I loved the Genesis soundchip and the Sonic games always made the best use of it. This may be the single most "in my head" song from that series, this or Metropolis from Sonic 2. Sky Sanctuary is another high contender for the epic feel it conveys.

Breath of Fire III - Fight!. My all time favorite RPG battle music, and I've played a ton of RPGs. It's just such a great mix of happy-go-lucky and more serious attitudes of all your party members and it fits every part of the game, from fighting off slimes with your bros at the lighthearted beginning to waging war with battle-hardened androids at the end.

And that's just a little tiny sample of some of my very favorites!~

Some threads just need to be necroed.

Chrono trigger - 600AD - Yearnings of the wind is also nice. My favorite in fact D:

As for megaman. This.

I'm not sure if anyone's heard of this game, but Happyland adventures' songs are also sound lovely to me. Their website is freelunchdesign.com

Also This from the game E.V.O Search For eden. It's for SNES, but it has some pretty sweet tracks. 1 2 3 4 (best one)

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM
Safusaka, maybe you should label those in some way so they're more organized and so we know what we're getting into when we click them.

Yeah, rat, I love Wind Scene too but like I said just about every song in that game is amazing. And I like ol' Brentalfloss but I"m kinda pissed at him right now since I found out he hates Megaman 7 with a passion, and lumps 5 together with 6. 5 and 7 are some of the best, it's 4 and 6 that are the bad ones!! or, less good, anyway. sdalfjka.

Yakkers, all old AND new Castlevanias are full of awesome music, but my absolute all-time favorite has got to be Simon's Them from Super Castlevania IV. It's not only the best piece of music ever, but takes me back to when I was a kid playing this at my cousin's house like nothing else.

And I just remembered a game with incredible music, Gimmick for NES, only released in Japan (and some other random country I forget lmao). Really good Stage 3 music for example.

Oct 15, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Uh... The closest I can get to decided is to say it'd have to be something in Cave Story, the MOTHER series, or something in the Paper Mario series.

Oct 15, 2010 at 9:36 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Play all four at once for a combo bonus

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:55 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
You forgot Green version, the one that makes children kill themselves >:3

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:07 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Oh hey both the remixes sound far worse than the originals WHAT A SHOCK.

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:34 PM
inactive user
Oct 16, 2010 at 8:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Oct 19, 2010 at 6:28 AM
jesus christ noxid i love you even more than i already did
i grew up borrowing that game constantly from my cousin, though i never got anywhere close to beating it.. it was so fun to just mess around, though. the music was legendarily great to me as a kid.

anyway, recently I've been listening to pretty much my favorite rpg battle theme of all time a lot

also, the new pokemon b/w battle theme is raw awesome, it's already my favorite wild pokemon battle music of all time.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My favorite game track... Don't know which to choose!
... I think... Which will it be?
Hell March - Frank Klepacki (Red Alert)
Boss - Teruhiku something (Sonic Rush Adventure)
No Way Through - Kenichi Tokoi (Sonic and the Secret Rings)
Molten Mine - Tommy Tallarico (Sonic and the Black Knight)
Boss - GIRakaCHEEZER (WTFstory)
Mechanical Brain - Frank Klepacki (Universe At War: Earth Assault)

Yep, can't choose... Can someone do my work please, thank you!

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:17 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
GlitchHero9724 said:
Boss - GIRakaCHEEZER (WTFstory)

You mean "Boss -Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (game gear)".

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
You mean "Boss -Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (game gear)".

You're version is better. Yes, I know you remixed it from Boss (<two letters>) from Sonic 2.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:35 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"

It's noice with a leaky faucet on bass.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM
inactive user

YES