Positivity Thread

How much desu could a wood chuck if a wood could chuck desu?

• An instagram

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • You smell

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The computer business is just too competitive

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • It's impossible to chuck you

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Positivity thread!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Stop calling me

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Nov 17, 2012 at 4:03 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Well American Thanksgiving is coming up. I thought we could take a moment and reflect on the positive aspects of our life, no matter how small. I mean, it's good to vent, but it's also helpful to remember how good we actually have it. So, let's be happy!
I can't believe me of all people is making this thread...

Anyway, I'm excited for Thanksgiving because I'm going to make pumpkin swirl cheesecake. The past few family gatherings, I've been actually contributing to food-making and it feels pretty darn good. I always felt like my family members looked down upon me because I'm the youngest, I'm different, and I'm not on the same level as my cousin who is the same age, so wow'ing them with food gives me something to feel proud about and prove to them I can actually do things.

I've also been feeling a bit more grown up. Now that I have a job, I'm making my own money and I am able to pay for my own shit without milking my mom for cash like a brat. The other day I drove to an appointment and paid for it all myself. Like woah, +10 adult points! I know it's kinda sad that I'm proud of that, since others have probably experienced it younger than me, but it's a big step for me.

And speaking of money, I'm so excited to buy the things I wanted before. Not to mention that my new job gives me a lot of inspiration for projects. I'll have no trouble paying for any supplies I need!

So, bring on the happy. I know you guys can do it :)

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Congrats, Desu.

Well, I have plenty of things to be positive about but I guess on the top of my list is me getting my driving permit a few days ago. I suck at driving so far. Besides that, Thanksgiving is going to be fun, my family always has lots to eat.

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Feeling good cause we're all going to Mexico to spend Thanksgiving with my grandparents there. Thanksgiving there is always great. Also watching lots of livestreams from my favorite artists.

School is fine, doing better on tests and all that.

As for the mod. Many of my classmates are actually surprised/awed by the fact I'm making a videogame, more-or-less in their eyes. Many people on the forums I go to support my ambitious project when I made development threads there. Some of them suggest something like a beta or alpha to get some feedback on design when I have enough content. Honestly, with all this support, it really does feel fun to make this in the first place.

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:13 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Life is rather :J in general............

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:35 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!
And one of my best friends just got back from Argentina!
And I signed up for the draft, which while sucking, means I can't be imprisoned for not doing that anymore.
Yaaaay life

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:40 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Thanksgiving ♥
Let's see. November 19th is a very special day. Excited about that!

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:51 AM
Professional Whatever
I, um, I...
uh...
uhmmmmm....
This is hard. Your avatar is just too gorgeous for me to concentrate, WD
I finished the first ten-minute demo of my mod. That's good I guess.

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:05 AM
daughter of chivalry
Oh there's more where that came from ;D

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Been here way too long...
I acted in front of people who paid to see me do so today.

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:17 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
I still don't reaaaaally know what Thanksgiving is all about outside of "Turkey" and "Be nice and tolerate each other". But still. Enjoy it, you crazy fucking Americans.

I have a job too. I haven't started yet, though. After my exams I am cherry picking at an orchard for $16 an hour. I am hoping that the physical labor will help me lose the excess weight I gained while studying for exams (i.e. eating away my stress).

I'm happy cause it's almost Christmas season-y stuff. On Dec 1 I usually put up all the decorations and stuff, and I've got a long list of Christmas cards I'm sending out this year, too. I fuckin' love Christmas.

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:29 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
Where's the wood chucking poll

It's not my thread so I'm not allowed to chuck anyone's wood in here

That's Desu's job now

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:39 AM
daughter of chivalry
Done and done. Sort of.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:43 AM
The Eternal Darkness
Probably the only post I'll make here (because of most of my life being full of negativity)...
I am positively happy that I have achieved progress on my RPG.
I am also happy that I have my cat, Simba, and that I haven't broken any forum rules *yet* since my return...

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'm not so good at positivity anymore, but I suppose it's nice that I'm getting a real mattress for the dorm tomorrow, after about two months of sleeping on an air mattress.
No more filling it up from half empty every night and it's gonna feel like a cloud by comparison.

Also winter break is coming and let me tell you that I need a break from this damn apartment, I've been putting up with half a dozen (usually drunk) people that I don't know every night, I seriously need to consider who I room with next year.

Anyways that's all I can really grind together at the moment, but I try and enjoy the little things :mahin:

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
My little pony season 3 is here! YAY!

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
hooray for random polls :chin: