Portuguese CS Manual & OrgView

Apr 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM
"Huzzah!"
Curently i doing a European Portuguese Translation of Cave Story.
I'm done.... let's say.... 35% in total. (in game text)
I will have to put it on hold for some time due to some real-life problems.

But i wanted to show some of the completed work i have done on it. (100% Completed)

>>PtPt Cave Story Manual<<

>>PtPt OrgView<<

I also done the DoConfig.exe but i didn't put here for obvious reasons >_> (without the game it's useless)

Feel free to download and comment.
Also, if you wish to put them on the tribute site feel free to do it too. :cool:

Apr 17, 2009 at 5:36 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This almost makes me want to do a Brazilian Portuguese translation, since i'm brazilian and all. Nice work, and good luck on the rest.

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:34 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Isn't Brazilian Portuguese the "official" Portuguese?

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:24 AM
"Huzzah!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
Isn't Brazilian Portuguese the "official" Portuguese?

...WHAT? That doesn't make sense (and actually i feel a bit insulted)
what do you mean by official?
The only thing that you can call "Official" is that it's the official language spoke in Brasil.

just because the most fan translations out there are made by brazilians, doesn't make more "official" that the other.
And the same for the oposite.

PS: And theres a reason why it's named "Portuguese" you know? :)
That little country in Europe, maybe it's related with this? :D

May 6, 2009 at 2:57 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
We can say Brazilian Portuguese is like an alternate Portuguese. It's 'the same language', lots of words and grammar are similar. Although some words have different meanings and so on. Accent is also very different.

Now on topic, Cave Story isn't THAT MUCH known here in Brazil, so I just don't see a big reason to translate the game. Maybe it'll be open for a wider audience, but with Wii's CS coming I don't know what to do exactly.

Maybe I can do it... Someday...

May 6, 2009 at 4:09 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Jay City said:
...WHAT? That doesn't make sense (and actually i feel a bit insulted)
what do you mean by official?
The only thing that you can call "Official" is that it's the official language spoke in Brasil.

just because the most fan translations out there are made by brazilians, doesn't make more "official" that the other.
And the same for the oposite.

PS: And theres a reason why it's named "Portuguese" you know? ;)
That little country in Europe, maybe it's related with this? :p
No, I just vaguely recall hearing somewhere that the "official" Portuguese is based on Brazilian Portuguese. Possibly because Brazil is larger. I could be making things up here, though. Check Wikipedia, maybe...

May 6, 2009 at 8:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
No, I just vaguely recall hearing somewhere that the "official" Portuguese is based on Brazilian Portuguese. Possibly because Brazil is larger. I could be making things up here, though. Check Wikipedia, maybe...

So you're like saying that American English is the "official" English because America is bigger than UK?

I don't want problems so i will warn you, you are touching a controversial topic, don't worry it's not you're fault, it's about an outdatted and bad made deal that politics made in 1990 about our language and everyone that speaks any type of Portuguese are feeling it right now.

Yes Pt wikipedia is mostly wrote by Brasilians, it's very obvious by the writing.
Not that is a bad thing ok, it's just a fact.
And wikipedia isn't exactly a trusty source of information.

Brasilian Portuguese is the official language of Brasil.
European Portuguese is the official language of Portugal.
Just that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_language
I don't see anything like this here anyway.