PiyoPiyo in your Browser

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:09 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Happy Birthday, Pixel! (It's the 29th in Japan)

For the occasion, I'd like to release this javascript-based browser version of PiyoPiyo editor. (It's basically an edit of Organya-js, which is used on this site for embedded organya playback.)
Please read the readme here.

The sound/playback is somewhat inaccurate, but hopefully you will find this a useful tool to create and edit PiyoPiyo music. I kept the appearance and functionality as close to the original editor as possible, while adding a few features for ease of use.

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:12 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I think you might've made the world's first usable piyopiyo editor :p

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:30 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Pretty impressive that you managed to get this working on web browser! Bummer that the sound is funky... have you tried using @alula's PiyoPiyo sound engine? I've personally found it to be a lot more accurate than the PiyoPiyoJ sounds (which I assume is where the gamemanj contribution came from).

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:58 AM
Pretty impressive that you managed to get this working on web browser! Bummer that the sound is funky... have you tried using @alula's PiyoPiyo sound engine? I've personally found it to be a lot more accurate than the PiyoPiyoJ sounds (which I assume is where the gamemanj contribution came from).
oh... I didn't know about this, thank you :toroko2:

but in any case, gamemanj's contribution was just this thread on how to read the notes and stuff from the file format itself. The playback part was not changed much from the organya-js base i was writing on top of (i think i just changed it to play multiple notes simultaneously). unfortunately I don't actually know much about programming, so if anyone wants to help with this feel free :debug: (the piyoplay project you linked is too complicated for me to understand lol)

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:33 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This is pretty cool to see, the BPM really throws me off, especially after hearing some songs through the programs for the format that Pixel and Gamemanj have made. But it does seem to be in line with how they're played in the games they're in (Ikachan PC/3DS and Azarashi 1998).

Idk if this is a system thing, but the notes being played feel a bit more... staccato compared to how they're played in other programs, games included. I'm running a pretty beefy computer, and using Firefox for my browser of choice.
eanukp.png

EDIT: I'm noticing at least one song listed in the online editor are mislabeled, ZaomiZaomi is actually Magman (see: マグマン.pmd that's packaged with PiyoPiyo Player). I don't see any file that matches with the ZaomiZaomi name, unless I'm dumb and it's right there. I'm also noticing おあり is named to "Oriki", while it should say "O Ari", not sure which one is correct, ngl.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 4:26 AM
Idk if this is a system thing, but the notes being played feel a bit more... staccato compared to how they're played in other programs,
There is an issue with how the note envelopes are played. I've given up on trying to solve this, sorry :greydroll:
I'm noticing at least one song listed in the online editor are mislabeled, ZaomiZaomi is actually Magman (see: マグマン.pmd that's packaged with PiyoPiyo Player). I don't see any file that matches with the ZaomiZaomi name, unless I'm dumb and it's right there.
I seem to have pmd files named both zaomizaomi and magman on my computer, and they sound the same. My downloads are all messed up and consolidated, though, maybe this song went through different names in different versions of the player or something? In either case, I have no idea why I labelled sample1 as magman, so I should probably make a note of this and update the song labels. Thanks a lot for pointing that out!

Also, just as a note: some of the songs have two names in their listing. For the sample songs, I first went with the names I found in this video, but some of the translations felt a little off so I put my own translation of the song name in parentheses. In the case of Ikachan songs, I went with the filename, but included translations of the full song names in parentheses for some of them.

Apr 29, 2024 at 4:49 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I am curious on what version of PiyoPiyo player you're going off of, the version available on Pixel's website (and consequently in the tribute site) is version 2.1. And also the filenames in the download seem to go 1:1 with the japanese names listed in this archived page.

Apr 29, 2024 at 5:00 AM
I just re-downloaded both the player and the editor to double-check, and sure enough, you're right. I have no idea how this zaomizaomi thing got on my computer, and now I'm scared