Pixel's next game?

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:53 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, after I recently discovered CS about two or three months ago, I beat it in a couple of days (I like to take my time with games, so no Metroid type speeding for me.) and immediately wanted more. Seeing as Pixel has not and does not have any plans to make a Cave Story 2 or any such thing, I decided to play through his other works.

Now, Ikachan and Guxt were the the only real substantial games that lasted me for more than a day. The other games, while fun and managing to still hold that distinct "Pixel" vibe, weren't really playing through more than a few times. I'm not much for playing games for the sole purpose of crunching points, like Azarashi.

Anyway, I know Pixel is probably very busy as of now with porting Cave Story to the Wii (and for good reason - it looks amazing) and such. But are there any interviews or confirmations as to whether or not he is making new games any time soon? I read somewhere on this forum that he is working on an RPG, but haven't seen anywhere else that confirms this.

So that's pretty much it for now. Thanks very much for taking the time to read this.

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:55 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Guxt is Pixels newest game.

Ikachan -> Cave Story -> Guxt

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:59 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I think he gave up on the RPG.

Also, you may want to help andwhyisit with creating the Guxt page for the Cave Story Tribute Site.

Nov 1, 2008 at 3:11 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
When exactly did Guxt come out?

And did he say something about quitting the RPG? I really would have liked to see what he would have done with a game in the genre, too...

Nov 1, 2008 at 3:38 PM
Justin-chan
When exactly did Guxt come out?
Not sure. Don't really like those type of games.
And did he say something about quitting the RPG?
Not too sure. I think I heard about it somewhere on the forum.
I really would have liked to see what he would have done with a game in the genre, too...
So would I. But I doubt anything was released, if not, it would have been posted on his site. Or maybe he only posts completed games on his site. :/

Nov 1, 2008 at 7:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Indeed. I'll search and see if I can find anything about said RPG on this forum, try and get some confirmation.

If he was able to write such a good story for a Metroidvania-type-adventure game, just imagine what he could do with an RPG title spanning 20+ hours.

Of course, this is Pixel we're talking about, so odds are is he wouldn't go any sort of conventional way. :p

Nov 2, 2008 at 6:30 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
jcys810 said:
I think he gave up on the RPG.
Did he? I heard on Livejournal a while ago that he said that any release would be a long way off, but nothing about him shelving the RPG since then. Then again, I've heard nothing about the RPG since then.

Redlandsman87 said:
Indeed. I'll search and see if I can find anything about said RPG on this forum, try and get some confirmation.
Please do! I'm not a huge fan of RPG's, but if its from Pixel, then I'm all ears. I would do this myself, but my internet time grows thin, and I have other things to do. (Damn forum assassins! :D )

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
He gave up on it at some point. I think he changed his mind later on but I am not sure.

Source: Pixel's BBS.

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:49 AM
andwhyisit said:
He gave up on it at some point. I think he changed his mind later on but I am not sure.

Source: Pixel's BBS.

Saw it recently while I was in japan and it looks good. I don't think he's given up--it might be more a matter of how much time he has to dedicate to working on the game.

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:03 AM
Justin-chan
Oh hi Tyrone, glad to see you have joined the forums.
Or is it an imposter...?

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:37 AM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
tyrone said:
Saw it recently while I was in japan and it looks good. I don't think he's given up--it might be more a matter of how much time he has to dedicate to working on the game.
Yay!
Are you allowed to say anything about it?

Also, welcome to the forums. We've all been following your work.

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:48 AM
jcys810 and innocent,

Thanks for the kind words. I know Amaya-san is really looking forward to seeing the game released on Wii. Thanks for all the support so far, we really appreciate it.

Don't forget to sign up on Facebook! Cave Story is a fan community and there's no reason why existing fans can't make friends with new ones. :p

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:12 AM
Justin-chan
I signed up on Facebook just for the fanclub a few days back.