Paranormal Experiences

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:28 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm sure at some point in this forum's long history a thread like this has probably been made, but to hell with that, if there was then this is the new one. THE BETTER ONE.

Responding to the "Phobias" thread I started thinking about the paranormal experiences I've had in my life. Specifically in my dad's apartment. On the weekends I spend at his house, he always goes to bed around midnight, leaving me alone to do whatever I want for a while. Whenever this happens, I feel like someone is in the room with me. You know that tingly feeling you get when you know someone is looking at you? That's what it feels like, only a thousand times more intense. Other times, as I'm going to bed, I can tell that something is following me. On one occassion, I actually stopped walking just to experiment, and I felt a depression in the carpet behind me as if something had stepped there. We've both seen something in his house, but it's so formless and just flat-out strange and only appears for milliseconds at a time, so we're not sure what you could call it. We've gone through the building's history, and there's actually been some deaths in the time since its construction, so this leads us to believe it could be haunted.

So how about you guys? Any paranormal experiences you want to share?

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Once I was a ghost in a haunted house. The kind they set up for Halloween.
Also I've seen Ghostbusters.

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
As I mentioned on the phobia thread, going on that road..but like I said, I didn't see anything. I just was overcome with a freaky feeling.

Also, a few days after my grandma died, I was just chilling downstairs on the computer and was suddenly overcome with the strong smell of my grandparents' house. I felt terrible cause if they were there, they caught me at a bad time...>_>

Jun 15, 2011 at 2:13 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I've never understood why ghosts are scary. They just sorta hang around making a mess. Now if I was a maid...

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:22 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Paranormal experiences?
Never been.
Sounds not at all like a party

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:19 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I've been to a place that was reportedly haunted once. Nothing creepy happened though.

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:18 AM
100killer9 said:
I've never understood why ghosts are scary. They just sorta hang around making a mess. Now if I was a maid...
The ones that make a mess are called poltergeists. Unless you're referring to the ectoplasm of course, which must be pretty gross.

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I havent had any of those experiences.

But there is a legend about a couple who where driving and suddenly the car crashed and they died. Ever since some people claim that they saw the woman appear on the road. But that roads way too far from home so ive never crossed it.

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:46 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Everywhere I go, there happens to be SOME sort of ghostly phenomenon that happens, even today, strangely (While I was showering, the lights - our circuits are PERFECT, by the way - turned off in the bathroom). I believe it is one of my grandfathers watching over me, because I remember when I lived in Arkansas, the ghost had said something that sounded like, "Zack, sleep well, my grandchild" when I was about to fall asleep. I never feel threatened by it, so i can tell it's not harmful in any way. In fact, I find it quite comforting to know that my grandfather is watching over me.

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:39 PM
So, the lights went out in the bathroom and this means your grandfather is watching you shower?
Are you sure it's not the ghost of an electrician?

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I had 2 paranormal experiences. I`m not crazy and not taking drugs and alcohol lol

1) Was saying to myself "I am". By "I am" I mean "I am all and all is me". Everything popped in my mind I affirmed - that I am that thing too. My "I am" was attached to everything. Then something miraculous have happened: I have become conscious of everything, the whole world at the same time. Every piece of dust in the desert, every planet, every star, everything. It was a magnificent feeling, the best I`ve ever felt. I knew everything. I haven`t asked "How did I get here?". I knew everything, there was no purpose to ask any questions. It just felt so good and I was one with everything. After that I`m not quite sure what happened I forgot the details. Maybe the pleasant feeling was changed to another still present one of lesser quality, maybe I have seen through my closed eyelids too. And I was back to my 2 legged self. This happened to me only once, never happened again, but I wasn`t even trying, don`t know why. I outlined the method how you can achieve that state. Is this what the philosophers and mystics call "light" ?
2) Have seen through closed eyelids - this happened a couple of times. Usually when I was meditating and relaxing (I did it many times in the train/bus to home). It first felt weird, I couldn`t beleive it. I was so stunned so - I opened my eyes and saw the same picture. Don`t know what this means. Astral plane?

@Drunken Applesauce.
If your interested this might get you a glimpse what ghosts really are:
http://www.newthoughtlibrary.com/trowardThomas/lawAndTheWord/lawChap02.htm
I`ve linked to you the entire chapter, ghost stories are in the middle of it, still you can get the context more that way.[

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Jun 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM
Trickybilly, that's not paranormal, that's called "Buddhism."
Also, trying to tell people what ghosts are is stupid. There's no conclusive evidence of anything.

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"

i haven`t read anything from Buddhists, actually I know nothing about them lol. I don`t even know what Buddhism is, I tend to mix it up with Hinduism and Brahmanism.

Seeing through closed eyes is not paranormal ?

And beleive me seeing through closed eyes was "more normal" than the other miraculous state of mind. I wasn`t in the room in which I started meditating anymore...

As for ghosts, I just said my opinion. Threads are for stating your opinion. I agree that there is no evidence of course. That was just my humble opinion. Saying what you think on a forum is not "stupid".

Jun 16, 2011 at 7:10 AM
Jun 16, 2011 at 8:12 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Captain Fabulous said:

No, actually. In Buddhism the concept of "self" cannot be understood with concepts.
Or something like that. I don't know.