ORGTerm (Terminal based ORG playback)

Mar 29, 2020 at 4:20 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Introducing ORGTerm; The new way to play ORGs without platform dependencies. No longer will you have to put up with the drum sounds in WINE messing up, or inject your ORGs into CSE2 just to listen to them on non-windows platforms.

ORGTerms is a terminal based application that uses the ORG code from CSE2, and the ncurses library to create a CS sounding experience right in your terminal.
p372869-0-unknown.png

It displays info on the Wait time/BPM, Measures, the Time Signature, each track data plus the frequency offset.
Right now there's no non-CS-compatible drum support, but you can still dump your own custom wave100 into the program folder and it will load that. If no file called Wave.dat is found in the program folder, it will load a backup inside the program itself.

Building instructions:
cmake -B build
cmake --build build

Credits: Clownacy - stripping down a copy of CSE2 enough to give me something to work with, and explaining some of the inner working of the ORG code.
Credits: CSE2 Dev Team - CSE2

Mar 29, 2020 at 4:31 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Damn, you've finally gone terminal,,,

...I wonder if you could repurpose this to remake orgmaker as a tracker? That'd be pretty nifty.

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:10 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
...I wonder if you could repurpose this to remake orgmaker as a tracker? That'd be pretty nifty.
Someone's suddenly enthusiastic about using a tracker :p

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:49 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Damn, you've finally gone terminal...

I'm not really the hugest fan of trackers to be honest. They are hard to read, and it's not great for composing imo.

I think getting ORGmaker3 built, making it multi-platform via SDL, and fixing all the problems that make the program cumbersome, would be a lot better of an idea.
The only problem is I don't have 6 months to a year to burn on making that a possibility.

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:59 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
They are hard to read, and it's not great for composing imo.
Preach

I'm just suggesting it because I know some people favor trackers over actually intuitive DAWs like pxTone

Mar 29, 2020 at 9:17 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Apr 25, 2020 at 10:24 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Been busy with other things lately, but I finally got some time to update this, pause/resume is now a thing, as well as real-time info on what measure the org is on. Not a whole lot but It's getting there.

Next in line is ORGmaker drum support, and a more interactive interface when I get some time so stay tuned.