Org Maker 2 refusing to work. [solved]

Nov 3, 2017 at 7:21 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
For those of you spectating, I have sent andwhy a PM with the source code for the page with those options. Hopefully that will yield some insights into what exactly is going on.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:03 PM
Based Member
Double post because it's been numerous days, and the consensus is that it's okay for us to double post if the posts are 48+ hours apart...

I'm very surprised by how long this prank has lasted, especially considering that I did almost this exact same thing 4 years ago. Last time, it didn't last longer than a few hours. Yep, those images I posted are fake. Regular users can't lock threads, not even their own, nor can they block other users from posting in their threads. The only options for me are also the "edit title" and "add poll". I'm also pretty sure that even mods and admins don't have any "Block Selected Users" or "Disable Signatures" options, because I just made those up. Anyway, that was fun guys, I got a few good laughs out of this.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:46 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Hoodwinked again, damn

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I suspected as much for a while now from the moment I opened the thread_view template source and found that none of Hayden's options were present in the format his screenshot depicted them. The only reason why I even pursued this was because I knew that there was an incident a while back where someone was able to lock their own thread (though I think that was back on IPBoard), and I had to be sure.

I mean I know I personally can open debugging tools and mess with the DOM to doctor any screenshot of any webpage, and I expected as much of Hayden. I didn't raise the possibility of it being a prank because if it was legit then I wanted Hayden's help to track it down.

Hayden folded when I requested his account password to test with.

I'm also pretty sure that even mods and admins don't have any "Block Selected Users" or "Disable Signatures" options, because I just made those up. Anyway, that was fun guys, I got a few good laughs out of this.
Actually we have "Manage Reply Bans", which is effectively the same thing as your "Block Selected Users", except more comprehensive.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 4:59 AM
Professional Whatever
hey thanks for throwing me under the bus for your prank ;P

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:46 PM
Based Member
I love you guys too. I honestly thought I was busted when Doors made his first reply, but I decided to keep the act up just in case people were still willing to suspend their disbelief.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:16 PM
Professional Whatever
yeah well next time keep me out of your pranks, thank you

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:48 PM
Based Member
yeah well next time keep me out of your pranks, thank you
This is exactly why you were the perfect candidate for that part.

In any case though, I understand. I didn't mean for you to take it personally, I'm sorry if you were offended by the way I framed you.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:13 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Nov 9, 2017 at 6:17 PM
Based Member
The fact that he wanted to be kept out of my pranks lends credence to the possibility that if there absolutely had to be one user who wanted to block me from posting in a satirical thread, it would be him.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:23 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
But if you know he didnt want to be used for a prank why did you still make use of him?

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:29 PM
Professional Whatever
look you did what you did and whatever, but from my point of view how you went about it was slander in my name and i didn't appreciate it
if you want to involve me in a joke ok whatever (still not interested though), but at least ask first. i feel manipulated, regardless of what resulted this time

that's all, those are my thoughts

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:34 PM
Based Member
But if you know he didnt want to be used for a prank why did you still make use of him?
I had a feeling he would generally not ask to be dragged into this kind of stuff, although I certainly didn't think he'd take it real personally or feel this strongly about not wanting to be a part of a prank. Also, when I made that post, I honestly thought that people would realize how absurd it is that people could block each other like that and that the prank would be discovered. I was originally trying to trick RSK, and I wasn't even necessarily going to address the "block selected users" option, so I was a bit surprised when andwhy made his first reply and I sort of improvised the rest of the way through.

@Doors
Understood. I'm sorry that you felt slandered and manipulated by the way I executed this, I didn't mean for you to feel that way. I honestly thought that when you saw that fake screenshot, you would hopefully bust out laughing or at least chuckle, and immediately know it was a joke. Please don't take this personally.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 6:51 PM
Professional Whatever
i get you, and i accept the apology

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:44 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
oh no forum drama

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
What a jerk. So I guess your compliments about me and CS Wiki were false too? It wasn’t funny.
Hayden has a thing for pulling pranks, but I think it is a stretch to mark him as a compulsive lier because of it. You are reading too much into this. If someone else made your post then they would be subject to the prank and not you.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 4:19 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Hayden's very intentions, as quoted in the post, were to try and trick me. Just like he does with his other pranks too, right? It seems as though he finds joy in thinking other people are stupid for falling for his jokes, and wishing they were smarter. If he's going to try and act all sincere about something that is a complete lie, how else am I or anyone else supposed to believe anything he says? For all I know now, he could be lying about everything he has said in the past here.