Org Maker 2 refusing to work. [solved]

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Recently I have been experimenting with Org Maker 2 after having a ton of free time with nothing to do. However, after saving a project after finishing for the day, the next day I try to load to propgram, it crashes immediately. even after redownloading it and running in different compatibility modes, it still refuses to work. Has anyone else had this problem? Im using windows 7.

If this is the wrong place to post this thread I apologise as I only made an account to make this thread as I've had no luck in searching for a fix so far.

Oct 31, 2017 at 1:23 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You have perfect timing. I was actually just about to close this thread because I just fixed the problem. I had my second hard drive unplugged and my headphones weren't plugged in. *sigh* maybe I shouldn't try and do work at 1AM

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:17 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh, nice. I didn't know you could close threads.
Yeah, ever since the switch to XenForo, regular users have been able to do a considerable number of things with their own threads that only mods and admins could do on IPBoard and vBulletin. Just FYI, to close your own thread, go to "Thread Tools" -> "Close Thread":
Rqe0cn.png

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
You see that "Close Thread" button? Never use it unless you are a mod or admin. Closing threads is only something that is done when things get out of hand, not at the thread creator's whim. I would turn the feature off if I knew how, but it is tied to other permissions.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 12:25 AM
Based Member
You see that "Close Thread" button? Never use it unless you are a mod or admin. Closing threads is only something that is done when things get out of hand, not at the thread creator's whim. I would turn the feature off if I knew how, but it is tied to other permissions.
Okay, good to know. Since you didn't address it, I'll assume that you're okay with us using the "Block Selected Users" button. This would have been really useful back on IPBoard when I was starting threads that I knew certain people wouldn't contribute anything useful to, whereas nowadays there aren't really any particular users that I feel like blocking from posting in my threads.

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Is that a complete block from a given thread or just an ignore function? I don't seem to have that option so I wasn't aware of it. Screenie plz.

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:00 AM
Based Member
Is that a complete block from a given thread or just an ignore function? I don't seem to have that option so I wasn't aware of it. Screenie plz.
It's a complete block from a given thread. When I select that option, a little window pops up and lets me list the users that I want to keep from posting in my thread:
ujQZlj.png

In fact, another user has done this to me. I didn't originally plan on bringing this up because I didn't think it was a big deal, but Doors actually blocked me from posting in his "Cave Story Tribute Site Forums Super Modcon 2017 Deluxe" thread. When I go there, I can view the posts, but I can't reply to them, and I also have a notice at the top:
p360901-1-l9totd.png

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:21 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
what the heck I didn't know you could do that

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:22 AM
Professional Whatever
what
i dont even know about this functionality

p360904-0-f038460a43b8c69dfd31506d97a92df5.png

???????

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:17 AM
Based Member
Huh, that's really weird. I know that I definitely can't post in that thread, because it's telling me that I'm blocked. So if you're not intentionally making that happen, then what's causing this?

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:59 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I get that a pop up box appears, but how does it appear? Where is the button that opens the box? That was more what I was after.

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:05 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
i'm pretty sure his images show it comes from the Thread Tools menu

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:06 AM
Based Member
I get that a pop up box appears, but how does it appear? Where is the button that opens the box? That was more what I was after.
Yeah, when I go to one of my threads, I select "Thread Tools". That's when the drop-down menu appears with the options "Edit Title", "Add Poll", "Close Thread", "Disable Signatures", and "Block Selected Users".

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:21 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I've actually heard before that it's possible to close your own threads, but whenever I got to the "Thread Tools" button, I never see the option to close the thread that Hayden claims is there, only to edit my thread title or add a poll. Is this something that is unlocked with more posts, perhaps?

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:39 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
What the heck Hayden how did you hack the forum

Nov 3, 2017 at 1:25 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Yeah, when I go to one of my threads, I select "Thread Tools". That's when the drop-down menu appears with the options "Edit Title", "Add Poll", "Close Thread", "Disable Signatures", and "Block Selected Users".
Can you PM me the source code for a page with those options?