Official Completed Mod Archive

Jan 8, 2008 at 4:57 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
This is obviously, as stated above, a Thread dedicated to Mods that have already been completed. They will be compiled here for Downloading and kept secure here long after their Topics have faded away.

First order of business: someone retrieve the links to the Cave Story Boss Rush Mod and the Hell II Mod so that we can add them to the list.

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:09 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Stupid question:
Is this for ALL mods or just the best of the best?

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:13 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
ALL the completed mods.

Where did you miss that fact?

Anywho...

...There are completed mods?

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:21 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/

Mod archive on FTP, they aren't completed, but well who cares? Me don't.

There aren't many completed mods... Maybe 2 or 3. So this is kinda pointsless. I guess :x

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:24 AM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
There aren't many completed mods... Maybe 2 or 3. So this is kinda pointsless. I guess :x
No, not pointless!
Genius.
And more mods will come.
Tons more.
Just wait for modding to become more well understood and easier.
o.o
But not too easy, cause then you'll end up with 4,975,369,875,376,085 mods where the entire storyline is how Quote learned to breakdance with the help of Charlie, the interdimensional fairy king with golden slippers.

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:29 AM
Hoxtilicious
DragonBoots said:
No, not pointless!
Genius.
And more mods will come.
Tons more.
Just wait for modding to become more well understood and easier.

Tons more completed mods?

*loughs* Sure.

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:32 AM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Tons more completed mods?

*loughs* Sure.
*Crickets chirp*
Okay, well MINE is 60% done.
Up from 0.5% last week.
And the DOW/Jones fell 0.04% to close at 46,742.

And then I'll make the sequel...
Wait, my mod is a prequel...
o.o
I shall make Cave Story!
Wait, that's been done.
lol
=^.^=

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:12 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Okay. *Brainstorm* Taking this in alphabetical order as that's how my overly-large Cave Story Folder is arranged...
In addition to Hell II there was another Hell mod by name of Andy's Hell (I forget who it's by, possibly AndWhyIsIt). As for other hard-type mods, there's Heaven's Tower, and I'm pretty sure Corridor I was finished as Softmints had/has started work on Corridor II. Then there's Boss Rush (mentioned), and Caveoholic!'s Recent Addiction aka The Origin of Evil, which I'm pretty sure was declared finished. And was SeriousFace's hard-type mod completed? I still haven't completed it yet, so I wouldn't know... ...Aaand I think that's about it. Wow. There have been plenty of 'starts', though...

Additionally, one could also put in an argument for the 'Fight Omega' mod and the Room of Glitches, if so desired :D

Jan 8, 2008 at 11:56 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
DoubleThink said:
Additionally, one could also put in an argument for the 'Fight Omega' mod and the Room of Glitches, if so desired :D

o.o...

Dotz. Why not all bossfights at once in a really huge crapoftheart crazy glithfull room of doom that is dam hard to move about.

<:

*evil laughs*

Jan 8, 2008 at 9:09 PM
That would mean that we needed...

Hell II
Andy’s Hell
Heaven’s Tower
Corridor I
Boss Rush
The Origin of Evil
Fight Omega
Room of Glitches

Each time we get a new one, I'll update the beginning post and put it there.

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:26 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Kageryushin said:
That would mean that we needed...

Hell II
Andy’s Hell
Heaven’s Tower
Corridor I
Boss Rush
The Origin of Evil
Fight Omega
Room of Glitches

Each time we get a new one, I'll update the beginning post and put it there.
All mod threads:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/forums/31/

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:33 AM
andwhyisit said:

Someone missed the point of the Topic.

Anyway...

Okay, I'll bite. None of the Mods I've Downloaded from your site will work, Shi. I know I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what. I’ve downloaded the Boss Rush, Hell II and Heavens Tower Mods, however, I just can’t get any of them to work.

Boss Rush and Heavens Tower seem to suffer from a similar problem. Whenever I try to run them, they partially begin to work, the screen goes black and all, but before anything else happens, a message pops up in what I think would probably be Japanese, but since my PC lacks the necessary characters to show the message, the pop-ups just display a random assortment of gibberish characters. Afterwards, a little Text Document file appears within the above two files under the Data and Doukotsu icons. This file is merely named “error.” I’m sure someone knows how to fix these problems… Maybe I have to download a Japanese Character program or something? I don’t know…

As for Hell II, it seems to be just a bunch of stage data and it lacks a Doukutsu Icon to start the game. Do I have to attach it to the original Cave Story or something?

I must admit that I was indeed able to Download Corridor without any trouble. Its ridiculously difficult set up is a bit of a put off, though, so I would really enjoy being able to play the other three…

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:02 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Kage, did you open error.txt?

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:08 AM
Boom 147 said:
Kage, did you open error.txt?

Yes, however, I'll be the first to admit that I have absolutely no understanding of Cave Story's programming. I've got no idea what to do with them.

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Kageryushin said:
Someone missed the point of the Topic.

Anyway...

Okay, I'll bite. None of the Mods I've Downloaded from your site will work, Shi. I know I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what. I’ve downloaded the Boss Rush, Hell II and Heavens Tower Mods, however, I just can’t get any of them to work.

Boss Rush and Heavens Tower seem to suffer from a similar problem. Whenever I try to run them, they partially begin to work, the screen goes black and all, but before anything else happens, a message pops up in what I think would probably be Japanese, but since my PC lacks the necessary characters to show the message, the pop-ups just display a random assortment of gibberish characters. Afterwards, a little Text Document file appears within the above two files under the Data and Doukotsu icons. This file is merely named “error.” I’m sure someone knows how to fix these problems… Maybe I have to download a Japanese Character program or something? I don’t know…

As for Hell II, it seems to be just a bunch of stage data and it lacks a Doukutsu Icon to start the game. Do I have to attach it to the original Cave Story or something?

I must admit that I was indeed able to Download Corridor without any trouble. Its ridiculously difficult set up is a bit of a put off, though, so I would really enjoy being able to play the other three…
Make a copy of the original cave story folder and copy the mod files over the files within that folder.

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:20 PM
andwhyisit said:
Make a copy of the original cave story folder and copy the mod files over the files within that folder.

Could you please be a little bit more descriptive?

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:39 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Kageryushin, what he's saying is that you should put the downloaded mod in your CS folder so that it partially overwrites vanilla CS. Preferably after backing up said folder so you don't lose it.
This is because some files that are needed to run the game might not be included in the mod because they are unedited, and so the modder probably thought it pointless to include them.

I don't know why that should be necessary though. What's the point in not including all unaltered CS files in the zip as well? It's not like it's a very heavy download.
But on second thought, in cases where only the maps are altered it doesn't really matter either way.

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:36 AM
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Kageryushin, what he's saying is that you should put the downloaded mod in your CS folder so that it partially overwrites vanilla CS. Preferably after backing up said folder so you don't lose it.
This is because some files that are needed to run the game might not be included in the mod because they are unedited, and so the modder probably thought it pointless to include them.

I don't know why that should be necessary though. What's the point in not including all unaltered CS files in the zip as well? It's not like it's a very heavy download.
But on second thought, in cases where only the maps are altered it doesn't really matter either way.

So all I have to do is put so-and-so Mod into a copy of the original CS folder? Isn't there anything else?

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Kageryushin said:
So all I have to do is put so-and-so Mod into a copy of the original CS folder? Isn't there anything else?
Nope. :D

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:51 AM