NPC Guide

Jul 15, 2006 at 12:10 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, what else to say:

TARFU - Things are really fucked up...

Sorry for saying that but the contestation wasn't good...

Jul 15, 2006 at 12:21 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
It's FUBAR, you fooligan.

And they really aren't the situation has been resolved, and both sides have admitted their wrongs.

The best part is that this post is just another step on my journey to the next rank. >=D

EDIT: And what do you know? I AM NOW TEH WHITE SWORD!

Jul 15, 2006 at 4:14 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
RuneLancer said:
I do appoligize for the tone I take and intend to change that here

Thank you, that's all I really wanted.

I just wish I could've gone about asking in a more straightforward way. I really didn't mean to attack like that.

Jul 15, 2006 at 7:57 AM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
upthorn said:
Thank you, that's all I really wanted. ... I really didn't mean to attack like that.
Eh, it's all good really. If I can take into consideration your issues with the tone I've been taking and work to rectify that, and you can take into consideration my point of view and at least understand it even if you don't agree with it at all, I'd say we've reached as good a compromise with each other as we can get to at the moment. No offense taken, and hopefully you didn't take any either; if not, I appoligize for that.

Peace.

Jul 15, 2006 at 9:15 PM
Hoxtilicious
Osmose said:

People who insult other people for no reason should being ashamed! ^^

Osmose said:
And they really aren't the situation has been resolved, and both sides have admitted their wrongs.

I never said the situation now is bad! I just said the situation before was bad, and now don't talk anymore over this it's good now...

Osmose said:
The best part is that this post is just another step on my journey to the next rank. >=D

Look at the: Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
And I'am Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD.

XD

And now stop fighting and insulting here, it's totally useless and it's very stupid!!!

Jul 15, 2006 at 10:05 PM
"..."
Look at your join date, then look at mine, and then hush. >=D

Jul 15, 2006 at 10:23 PM
Hoxtilicious
lol u think ure the best? lol i have more posts then you looks like u must have the last word :(

Jul 15, 2006 at 11:06 PM
"..."
I was still a member before you. Bow to your seniors. :(

Jul 16, 2006 at 6:48 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Osmose said:

Which is especially amusing considering that the text for the white sword is
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:07 AM
"Huzzah!"
upthorn said:
I think you'll find that what he's reacting to is that you came here, you've been here less than a month, and you're acting like you're the savior of this community. Like you are better than anyone else here.

Most of this directly ties in with the attitude you showed when you said about not wanting to hand things out on a silver platter. But it's also appearant when you refuse to release any information about offsets that could help us do our own assembly reprogramming.

I hadn't been minding that behavior, until the other day I noticed a couple of bugs in Original Sin, and I did what I always do when notice a bug in a CS mod -- I went to open it up in Sue's Workshop so I could fix the bug. Well, SW said it couldn't open it, and I supposed that might be expected what with all the assembly reprogramming you've been doing, so I brought doukutsu.exe up in a hex editor to bring up the bit that links TRA numbers to map files and room names. Only to discover that it had been removed.

Leading me to the conclusion that you are extremely arrogant and paranoid.
Arrogant in that you presume none of the rest of the community could possibly assist you in any way. And paranoid that you felt the need to hide all of your map making and scripting work from the community so that noone could steal it.

That attitude stands in direct opposition to everything that this community has been founded on so far. And so I suggest that you either adapt your attitude to give a little respect to those of us who were already here, working on projects long before you came along, or you not act so surprised when members show some mild hostility.

my point exactly upthorn & he's also an elitist trying to race to the top of the post-count mountain with a post rate of almost 7 posts per day compared to the second highest post rate of about 2 posts per day he undeniably has more free time than anyone else on the forums

& I was able to easily read his scripts by copying his data files into a directory with the original exe

and he assumes because technica wants to sit on his ass and have things done for him instead of trying to do it himself all the members of the forum must be like that but they aren't technica's just an ignorant asshole who flames people for not explaining things to him the right way he shouldn't blame the grain for his experience with one loaf of moldy bread

& by-the-way I did look at the code for heavy press but I couldn't figure it out

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:38 AM
The Bartender
Way to beat a dead horse. :(

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:46 AM
"Huzzah!"
well the horse died while I was in Pennsylvania so I didn't get a chance to help kill it myself & although someone seemed to fight the horse on my behalf I still wanted a shot at it myself

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:55 AM
The Bartender
It doesn't hurt to be the better man, Caveoholic. :( If you have any issues you feel a need to discuss with me, please take it to private message instead of dragging this on on the boards any longer. But I can't see this going anywhere any more productive than where it's already at after the exchange Upthorn and I had.

The issue has been settled. If you have something to add, PM me instead of imposing this on the boards. I think it would be appreciated by all if we kept the senseless flames to a minumum, and I certainly don't intend to get involved in that again after being responsible for one (small) flame war already. ;)

Jul 17, 2006 at 1:49 AM
"..."
I think it's healthier to work this out in public, mostly because there's not enough geniuine activity to constitute saying no to arguments. :(

he's also an elitist trying to race to the top of the post-count mountain with a post rate of almost 7 posts per day compared to the second highest post rate of about 2 posts per day he undeniably has more free time than anyone else on the forums

How the hell is he an elitist for posting a lot? I can understand if he was flaunting his post count, but he's not - is the act of simply posting a way of telling people you're better than them?

Jul 17, 2006 at 2:22 AM
The Bartender
Osmose said:
I think it's healthier to work this out in public, mostly because there's not enough geniuine activity to constitute saying no to arguments. :(
Well, I don't want to start another mini-flame war; Phantom seemed like he'd rather things remained mature and decent, at least. But if nobody objects, then fine. ;)

Osmose said:
How the hell is he an elitist for posting a lot?
For that matter, since when has 6 posts a day been a lot? :( Or why is my spare time such an important issue? I never really got how that was any important.

I'm currently on my 2nd week of vacation. I'm employed full-time as a software engineer for a documental management company. This gives me access to a computer nearly 24/7, but no Cave Story to hack during this time. In fact I think I've often posted things like, "I'll have a look into this when I get home," or some similare post. Given that, 6 posts a day is, heck... nothing, really.

Seeing as we're settling issues in this thread, I'd like to know what Caveoholic's problem with my spare time is. It seems like it's a majorly important hangup of his, and I don't see this going anywhere unless he explains why. I'm all ears man - tell me why this bothers you so much and how I can make it any better. For all I know I could be offending someone without realizing it (or how, for that matter) so if you want this to go somewhere, speak up.

Jul 17, 2006 at 4:33 AM
"..."
Bah to work. I still have to worry about college before I think about getting a good job - the problem with Florida is that, although there's a really REALLY helpful state scholarship, there's no notable computer-oriented colleges.

Jul 17, 2006 at 1:32 PM
"Huzzah!"
RuneLancer said:
For that matter, since when has 6 posts a day been a lot?

It's the highest posts per day average in the whole forum no one else has posted so much in so little time!

Jul 17, 2006 at 5:06 PM
"..."
I'm pretty sure I got in about six posts yesterday.

Have you ever been to any other forum? Let's take this user for example. That is another forum I go to. He joined on July 17 last year, exactly one year ago.

That's 365 days ago, and he has 4539. The forum calculates that at 13.55 posts/day.

There is no reason for you to be attacking him because he posts. What is so wrong with posts? Or are you jealous because you don't have as many posts as him? Either way, it is a seriously ridiculous thing to be attacking him for.

Jul 17, 2006 at 6:26 PM
The Bartender
caveoholic! said:
It's the highest posts per day average in the whole forum no one else has posted so much in so little time!
That still doesn't answer my question as to how it's such an issue. Your name contains the most amount of exclamation marks of us all here - is that any more of an issue? Post counts are numbers. Nobody cares about them.

If you have a real issue and a way you'd rather I change my behavior to settle it, then post ahead.

Jul 17, 2006 at 6:46 PM
"..."
That exclamation mark is wrong! They should be disallowed from usernames!

I DEMAND you remove it!