Nintendo 3DS E-Shop

Jun 7, 2011 at 2:44 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The Nintendo 3DS E-Shop will launch any second now, and I was wondering about anyone else's (the whole three or so forum members who own a 3DS) opinions about the launch titles, or speculations about future releases of classic games.

Also, the web browser launches with the E-Shop. I haven't been too happy with Nintendo's Opera browsers in the past and I'm not expecting much. It has already been confirmed the browser will not have flash at launch, and if they do decide to add it, the update won't come any time soon.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:05 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Screw all this
Vita is $249
Nintendo had better fart rainbows tomorrow or I'm selling my 3DS

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:08 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
I'm actually a bit hesitant on getting a 3DS. Nintendo reserves the right to copyright and license anything that you put on it, including nicknames, videos/images taken by the thing, and so forth. They'll also render it permanently unplayable if it's used in an "unapproved" manner. Some of these term restrictions are taken out of the European version of the handheld because they go against laws set by the European Union.

Source.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:09 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What's a Vita

1) ExciteBike for free, I can hardly wait. The game that's eternally resold that nobody really liked in the first place.

2) The update notification has a clause that basically says "This update may make Ridge Racer 3D not work". I thought that was pretty funny.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:14 AM
Noxid said:
What's a Vita
Sony's new PSP. The console that failed because it didn't match portable.
Nintendo and Sony's offerings both have similar battery life
Both are cartridge based
But Vita has better online, more power, will probably snag better 3rd party support, and most importantly IS THE SAME PRICE
so yeah.
I think Nintendo will lose the final round of Portable games.
(Cause really smartphones will take over by six years max)

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:37 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
fancy graphics aren't a big deal for me, and I hardly ever play online anyway (other people are too good at video games for me..)
Plus I want to be able to play my current selection of DS games (My NDS doesn't work so well anymore) as well as CS3DS, Zelda, Pokemon, whatever other games I cant' remember about.

And I don't plan to perform illegal modifications to my gameboy. That's what PCs are for. And what sort of intellectual property to steal am I going to create on a gameboy? Again, that's what my PC is for.

I stand by my decision.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:53 AM
Hmm...
Maybe I'll sell my 3DS for a Vita, and then REPURCHASE one after the inevitable price drop?
Or just, you know, get a newer ipod and play minecraft portable.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:57 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I am trying to update my 3DS every minute because I want to see the Internet and shop. It said this evening, but they may as well have just said midnight because I'm just not getting the update :(
Oh yeah, 3D classic titles = :D

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:59 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
I wouldn't have any intention of modding one if I had one, the bricking bit is more of icing on the cake since it seems like a bit of an extreme. I just get really irked when companies try to get overly dominant on personal information and whatnot. As an abstract, I realize that supplying a few details here and there are necessary to make a service work, but when the supplier starts getting a bit too greedy and wants to control as much of your stuff as it can manage... I dunno. As much of a lost fight as it is, I value my privacy.

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:16 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Finally it updated. I'm typing this on the 3DS now, actually. Guess what? The staff pick of the week is CAVE STORY! It's also part of the essential games list. I'm really happy.

Jun 7, 2011 at 6:57 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I thought the Pokedex 3D was nifty. A lot better free download than Excitebike. Too bad I'd need to probably live somewhere near other people with a 3DS to fill it up or something.

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:23 AM
I think you get a few free daily.

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:37 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I had noticed that since posting in fact. I got a Sawsbuck (spring form) today.
So yeah. Even better.

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:43 AM
/end
100killer9 said:
Vita is $249

No games. Honestly, PSP has and will always suck. It just now has a sucky name as well.