New Orchestral Tribute Compilation - A Sleeping Destiny

Apr 14, 2010 at 5:44 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Wedge of Cheese said:
I always thought the lack of dialogue for Quote was not meant to mean that Quote doesn't talk, but just that the player should be able to fill in the gaps (infer what Quote is saying) on their own.

Never really thought of it that way, but now that you mention it, that rule applies to many games.

It's too bad that we didn't get to see him flush beat red for that amount of time that he was in the dark passage after nabbing curly's panties XD

Apr 14, 2010 at 6:01 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah, I sort of think of it as letting the player insert his/her own personality in for the main character's.

And yeah, that would have been hilarious :). On a loosely related note, I dunno if you've seen this but... :p

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Wedge of Cheese said:
Yeah, I sort of think of it as letting the player insert his/her own personality in for the main character's.

And yeah, that would have been hilarious :eek:. On a loosely related note, I dunno if you've seen this but... :o

Yep that is generally why game protagonists don't usually talk much. The devs want the player to fill that role with their own voice.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
*Insert Generic Praise Post Here*

Started listening to the tracks today, and I rather like the style you've used with them.
Mostly just like hearing the songs orchestrated, but not remixed so far that they start to become completely new songs. *Cough*Cave Story Remix Project*Cough*
Very nice work. :D

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:40 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks! Yeah that's generally the idea with all of my cover projects. I want the songs to remain as close to the originals as possible, but just with new instrumentation. I did the same thing in all of my previous comps.

Apr 19, 2010 at 1:55 AM
graters gonna grate
I've listened to a few songs, and they're quite good, with really nice style and timbre. The title "Sleeping Destiny" seems to fit very well with the style imo. Like Lowell said, most of the songs (that I've listened to so far) have a very good balance between creativity and staying with the original. There are just a few songs that seem to me to be just a little bit too conservative (i.e. Balcony, Geothermal) but this is the exception, not the rule. Really nice job :o!

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:09 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
When I listen to this, I can see the perfect idea for a mod in my head. If we could make mods that played mp3's, what we should do is use this music, and make everyone in the mod wear fancy outfits (Victorian-era-esque clothing). Everything would be from the 1600-1800's, and they'd all have accents too. Maybe I just think balrog with a top hat and a monocle is awesome though.

Anyways good job with these, most of them are pretty decent.

Apr 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM
graters gonna grate
HAHAHA, That's secretly an awesome idea :o! Though it sounds like it'd be kinda really tedious to make, but yeah Balrog with top hat+monocle ftw.

Apr 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Apologies

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
When I listen to this, I can see the perfect idea for a mod in my head. If we could make mods that played mp3's, what we should do is use this music, and make everyone in the mod wear fancy outfits (Victorian-era-esque clothing). Everything would be from the 1600-1800's, and they'd all have accents too. Maybe I just think balrog with a top hat and a monocle is awesome though.

Anyways good job with these, most of them are pretty decent.
Wedge of Cheese said:
HAHAHA, That's secretly an awesome idea :confused:! Though it sounds like it'd be kinda really tedious to make, but yeah Balrog with top hat+monocle ftw.
Forgive me, but I had to...
diph.php

Apr 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Been here way too long...
Re: Apologies

British accent:
"GOOD MORROW! Master Robot, you are well aware that my companion Misery and I have made away with a small Mimiga whose name we did hold true to be Sue. But lo! our previous assumption was incorrect, and this changeling doth go by the name of Toroko. Was this information of your knowledge, good sir?"

...So that was weird. Anyway, I've listened to the album several times and I still love it. Never stop your magical music making, Vernian Process. In other words, MOAR.

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:20 PM
graters gonna grate
Re: Apologies

VoidMage_Lowell said:

Lol, but I think it would be better if the hat were less starkly rectangular and had a thicker brim (nitpicking ftw :confused:).

May 27, 2010 at 2:02 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
If any of you have noticed Noxid's pictures, like the Mr. T Booster and the the Muffin Man Doctor... Yeah, he'd be the one to do it if anyone. :(