new law that will prohibit the streaming of games if passed.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
What, did you think that SOPA was the last thing to deal with this topic? Well guess what, you're wrong.
In Europe, they have come up with something called the Anti Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (aka ACTA), and this is just as dangerous as SOPA and PIPA.
So with that, I'm linking you to a Reddit article, and I strongly encourage you to research into this topic more. Do whatever you can to get this from being passed, even if you live in the Western Hemisphere, or anywhere else outside of Europe.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
lol @americans discussing politics when there are only 2 parties that you can vote for and they are nearly the same.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Been here way too long...
lol @ a German condescending to American censorship laws

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Hoxtilicious
Your unknowingness is funny indeed. Most videogame companies censor their games themselves because otherwise the videogame would get a higher classification, for example 18+ instead of 16+.
Nobody here is happy with the stupid videogame laws, except conservative dicks who are fucked in the head. While the americans can do nothing about their censorship laws, neither politicial nor in practice (except whining about it), we have much ways to bypass them. We are able to buy our games from other countries and import them legally (Austria ftw!) and atleast we got more than 2 politicial parties here which you can vote for, so we can indeed change something. Plus the companies could do something about it but I guess most companies are from america where only greedy capitalist bastards live, so I guess profit is their only goal.
So sir, you see that your attempt at trolling germans is indeed a fail because of your sheer stupidity and ignorance.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Fab, he's right D:
your sheer stupidity and ignorance turned this attempt at trolling into a fail, as you can clearly see from SP's sound argument of, uh, something.

And clearly the only ones who know anything about Germany are the Germans because fuck you, that's why.
He clearly has you bested on all fronts, you'd better just give up.

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Wow Germany sounds like paradise, thank you for showing me the light.

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Hoxtilicious
Keep your sarcasm, thanks. Atleast it's not a hell like america.

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
But Canada is the place to be.

p130404-0-131149190914.jpg

Meh, at least I'm not poor and stupid and American, I have it comparatively well off compared to a sizable chuck of the US.

And we don't have the glorious censorship that SP keeps preaching about.

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Hoxtilicious
p130405-0-facepalm1www.jpg

I was talking about politics not censorship, great english skills you have got, really.
Please read my post again.

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
This Law shows how corrupted our Government is. NOT A SINGLE PERSON EVER OPENLY SUPPORTED IT, Every soul of The Internet Voted against the potition AND IS ABOUT TO FUCKING PASS!
PS: Does this affect other Countries?

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Hey S. P..

ACTA.

This Law shows how corrupted our Government is. NOT A SINGLE PERSON EVER OPENLY SUPPORTED IT, Every soul of The Internet Voted against the potition AND IT FUCKING PASSED!
No it didn't.
What on earth are you talking about?

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM
SOPA! PIPA!

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Oh, Well my Hysteria is pretty serious. SOPA didnt pass? Why are we not Dancing and Hugging creepers

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Who keeps pulling these Anti-Inernet Laws out of their ass? Probably people who dont know crap about the Web.

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Stop.
Stop.
Stop the political circus.

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:08 PM
But politics is a Circus.

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Who keeps pulling these Anti-Inernet Laws out of their ass?
Rich old white men who want to keep making money the exact same way as they always have instead of adapting (because that's how capitalism is meant to work).

ACTA baffles me, and unlike SOPA is a direct threat because Australia has signed it (although at least the internet censorship bill is dead in the water now). I can't understand where all the pressure is coming from - do entertainment companies of all things really weild power comparable to big banks and oil companies? How many strings could they possibly be pulling all over the world that they haven't already exhausted? Either they are exerting enormous pressure somehow, or there is not one political leader anywhere in the Western world who understands what ACTA would actually entail. Any attempt to implement it would be either political suicide or a sign that every single first world country is suddenly in love with totalitarianism... because of kids downloading music. There's no governmental money or power to gain from that. Everything about it is so stupid I'm hoping it'll forget to breathe and kill itself before anything happens.