My first mod!

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:37 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have been looking at Noxid tutorials and notes. They seem to be the most helpful.

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:01 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Also, what CaveModder made is really something I can't make myself, funny enough. While I do have the knowledge to make alot of stuff with a way different palette, I can't even make a chest work properly, can't even make it do anything.
Might have to try doing something like that though, should I ever want to make a mod that is not just a graphics change.
Anyways, that helps me think how this mod is actually pretty good for a first mod, and shows that CaveModder actually studied stuff to make it work.
Just wanted that off my chest.

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:19 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Rip cstsf.

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:32 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
TLincoln said:
Let's just leave it to Pummelator to make a video for this mod.
Initial Reaction
God f---ing d---it

Now my official role is to be the creator of (probably) sub-par Modding Shitstorm episodes, featuring videos of mods that Aar didn't make videos of at the time, mods that Aar downright refuses to make episodes about, newer versions of mods that Aar already covered, and... yeah, that's pretty much it. So... yeah, I'll make a video about this.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I should just start calling my series of mod reviews (of mods that aren't good) Sub-MS.

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:08 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
duncathan said:
what the fuck do these two sentences mean
they start off coherent and just kinda drop after "Tribute Site"
Uh huh. Apparently you need to take English classes, and also take a chill-pill, because you apparently are an angry elf who feels the need to insult people based on your own lack of reading comprehension. Let me break it down.

Alright, so I can see that you did not read and thoroughly follow any of the modding guides on the Tribute Site without even playing the game.

This sentence can be broken down into just the underlined portions. What I am saying here is that I was able to infer that, from the countless errors, bugs, and glitches in the mod, the creator of this mod most likely did not read any of the modding guides available on the Tribute Site. I was able to infer this simply by looking at the pictures posted throughout this thread.

Which I won't do, because it might destroy my computer.

This sentence is in reference to the previous sentence. Most readers, using context clues, would be able to infer that the thing that I won't do is play the game (the mod) because I fear that it's countless bugs and glitches might cause a fatal error of some sort. It was a hyperbole, which is use of exaggeration to prove a point.

That's my English lesson for today, I suggest you take more.

tl,dr; I was saying that he should read the modding guides on the Tribute Site, and that I could tell he hadn't already done so just by looking at the thread and without having played his mod. I was also saying that I would not play the mod due to it's unhealthy number of flaws.

I apologize to the creator of this thread, none of this is directed at you.

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:29 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
SuperJaws100 said:
That's my English lesson for today, I suggest you take more.
nice comma splice

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
SuperJaws100 said:
tl,dr; I was saying that he should read the modding guides on the Tribute Site, and that I could tell he hadn't already done so just by looking at the thread and without having played his mod. I was also saying that I would not play the mod due to it's unhealthy number of flaws.
dude you literally just had to say this bit
you're being awful abrasive and frankly your previous post was you just being a flat-out asshole to this guy for absolutely no reason
if you haven't even played the goddamn mod, don't be talking shit about someone
I only ever shit on people whose mods I haven't played if they're shitty at taking criticism; this guy has taken every bit of feedback, even the intentionally abrasive shit, and listened earnestly
he genuinely wants to improve his mod and make something people will like, and he is working to show it
he deserved absolutely none of the flak he's received for making this mod and I'm unimpressed with virtually everyone involved who's been a dick to him

Jul 23, 2015 at 1:09 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I'm locking this thread until I read it and decide what to do with it

ok, I don't understand this mod but at this point but OP has every right to make it
let's refrain from attacking each other over it

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:25 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
duncathan said:
dude you literally just had to say this bit
you're being awful abrasive and frankly your previous post was you just being a flat-out asshole to this guy for absolutely no reason
if you haven't even played the goddamn mod, don't be talking shit about someone
I only ever shit on people whose mods I haven't played if they're shitty at taking criticism; this guy has taken every bit of feedback, even the intentionally abrasive shit, and listened earnestly
he genuinely wants to improve his mod and make something people will like, and he is working to show it
he deserved absolutely none of the flak he's received for making this mod and I'm unimpressed with virtually everyone involved who's been a dick to him
I'm pretty sure I wasn't being as much of a "flat-out asshole" as the people who didn't offer advice. I told him that he should read the Modding Guides on the Tribute Site. And I really didn't do much more than imply he didn't bother to learn how to mod before he tried to make one, which, when compared with other people's responses to this, is not at all "abrasive".

TBH, the one being abrasive here is quite clearly you, and I'd rather you take your personal vendetta against me elsewhere.
Camero said:
This mod is worse than my first demo, and that's saying something!
Case in point.

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:43 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Camero said:
This mod is worse than my first demo, and that's saying something!
saying something is bad doesn't do anything,
SuperJaws100 said:
Case in point.
saying the mod is bad when you didn't take the time to play it is being an asshole

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Goerge you are a ray of sunshine cutting through the darkness that is this thread
Pummelator said:
Initial Reaction
God f---ing d---it

Now my official role is to be the creator of (probably) sub-par Modding Shitstorm episodes, featuring videos of mods that Aar didn't make videos of at the time, mods that Aar downright refuses to make episodes about, newer versions of mods that Aar already covered, and... yeah, that's pretty much it. So... yeah, I'll make a video about this.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I should just start calling my series of mod reviews (of mods that aren't good) Sub-MS.
for the record, aar's videos are just shitty versions of my streams, which in turn are the bastard child of Matt's Mod Story videos

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:26 AM
duncathan said:
Goerge you are a ray of sunshine cutting through the darkness that is this thread
for the record, aar's videos are just shitty versions of my streams, which in turn are the bastard child of Matt's Mod Story videos
I can't tell if that's an explanation or an insult, but either way, I'm fine with that.

I am currently uploading my video of this mod. Should be up in about an hour.

Edit:
https://youtu.be/StE4xoZfJ9c

I'm not the first to say it, but CaveModder doesn't/didn't deserve the hate he got for this mod

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:58 AM
I might be a hypocrite for saying this but, can we all stop being dicks and attacking each other? I acted like a dick because it was 4 AM and I thought it was funny(looking at the post now, it wasn't). I don't enjoy it when people are throwing around insults like this, it makes the community more toxic as a whole. It's okay to get mad from time to time, but when it gets to the point that you guys still attack each other even after a moderator said, "Let's refrain from attacking each other over it." is too much. CaveModder didn't do something stupid like choose a stupid name for his mod, or put minimal effort into it. It's clear that he actually put in effort and wants to improve his mod. When I think about it now, the hate he got was because his first post was "My first mod" and because the mod it self was under par. He even said he was sorry about the major flaws in his mod and promised to fix them. Hell, he even took the time to look at Noxid's modding tutorials.

I still might be guilty of being a total dick, and a hypocrite.
(EDIT: This is really unnecessary but, this is my third non shit-post in a row :/)

Jul 24, 2015 at 6:27 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Guys..guys.. My god. My mod has caused quite a stir and I would like to apologize for the disaster it has created. First off, thank you for your feedback, good or bad. Thank you for viewing or playing the mod at all. Yes yes I know my mod is shitty but you guys are doing so much for me by putting effort in your reviews. I strongly appreciate anyone who has been keeping the peace and not nawwing on someone else. If you have something rude to say, please. Do not say it at all. You are entitled to an opinion but saying something rude purposely to make someone feel like shit should not be tolerated. Thank you everyone

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:46 PM
"Huzzah!"
CaveModder said:
Guys..guys.. My god. My mod has caused quite a stir and I would like to apologize for the disaster it has created. First off, thank you for your feedback, good or bad. Thank you for viewing or playing the mod at all. Yes yes I know my mod is shitty but you guys are doing so much for me by putting effort in your reviews. I strongly appreciate anyone who has been keeping the peace and not nawwing on someone else. If you have something rude to say, please. Do not say it at all. You are entitled to an opinion but saying something rude purposely to make someone feel like shit should not be tolerated. Thank you everyone
Hey, you're a pretty good person yourself, taking all of this guff and all. We all had to have had at least one of these moments in the CSTSF, and I think you've handled this one pretty well.

We're willing to answer any questions and offer any piece of advice on modding if you need it.

Jul 24, 2015 at 8:43 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Is it just me or has this whole ordeal made me KEK SO HARD. LOLOLOL

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Goerge Bobicles said:
saying something is bad doesn't do anything, saying the mod is bad when you didn't take the time to play it is being an asshole
I did play it and pointed out bugs.
If this happened to me I would probably be a complete wreck. Lets give this guy a break.

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:50 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Camero said:
I did play it and pointed out bugs.
If this happened to me I would probably be a complete wreck. Lets give this guy a break.
if you noted, that was directed at the other guy I quoted, and the post I quoted from you didn't have anything productive to say.

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I would normally list all the glitches n' stuff I found while playing, but this is obviously satire so any glitches are probably supposed to happen

10/10 not enough squid

Last edited: