My first Hell mod.

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:25 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
OK, this is my first time trying to do anything with SW, but I think its coming along rather nice. Most people who have tested it have said it was too hard (actually everyone has said that except for me and one other person). I don't think it is too hard, but it is pretty challenging. I haven't beaten it in a single shot yet, only each part separately, but I've come very close.

http://fast.filespace.org/andy1087/andys_hell_v3.zip

I'm assuming you prefer that this website is used?

So, what do you think? Too hard/easy? I like the 3rd room the best.

Sorry, I really did look, but I guess I was looking under the wrong name. I'll just delete this part, as its really irrelevant to the main point of the topic. Thanks though!

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:53 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Andy said:
OK, this is my first time trying to do anything with SW, but I think its coming along rather nice. Most people who have tested it have said it was too hard (actually everyone has said that except for me and one other person). I don't think it is too hard, but it is pretty challenging. I haven't beaten it in a single shot yet, only each part separately, but I've come very close.

http://files.filefront.com/andys_hell_v3zip/;7104721;/fileinfo.html

So, what do you think? Too hard/easy? I like the 3rd room the best.

www.filespace.org
www.dropfiles.net
www.esnips.com

Add my post later.

Andy said:
Also, are there any guides for using SW, because I would really like to make a whole new game instead of just editing certain areas. And since I just signed up, I really don't know which of the other mods are finished, so if someone could tell me that would be great. You can just PM me, so we don't fill this topic with too many things.

Please search next time before asking... :(

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/386/
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/430/

Whole new game? You can't make a game, if you want to make when learn how to programm :( What you making is a mod, don't say it's a game, because Pixel was programming it not you...

Like I said before: Mods are mods and games are games.+

Edit:
Why all noone don't update their files?
UPDATE PEOPLE!

http://www.kob-online.net/~profeich/sue/SueWorkshop.zip
http://www.filespace.org/ShInInG_PhAnToM/NPC.INI

UPDATE

I'm sorry but it drives me crazy that 40000 people don't update their files...

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:04 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
-_- You were right on the hardness i almost got 2 the 2nd room but that was like my 5th try after i relised i had a life pot lol

:( :(

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:10 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
After a little while of practice, the first room can be done with little to no damage taken. The second room is much harder because of the falling blocks that sometimes fall very close together. The third room feels more like the original Hell in the way that you can get through it, maybe not easily though, if you take your time.

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:46 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I played it for about an hour last night...
I managed to get through the first room fairly easily, but the second room's a real killer.
It seems nearly impossible to dodge the falling blocks as well as jump from platform to platform, while shooting the butes. XD
I like it otherwise.

Oh and the mini presses no longer hit you (14hp), when they explode. Makes it a lot simpler, but I'm pretty sure that you'd rather the level be as cavestory like as possible.

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:32 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
explode? what do you mean?

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:33 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hmm... not the mini presses I guess.
Those things that block the way with a red eye in the center that look like the mini presses, but when you shoot them enough, they give a 5 second countdown, then "blow up" leaving nothing behind. However, if you're close to them when they explode, you get hit for 14 hp.
In the edited hell level, you can be right next to them and not get hurt.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:45 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Thanks for getting that picture Chaddykins. That's what I meant. ;)
I managed to get completely through the first and second rooms and fairly far into the third room last night.
The third room is actually very nicely done (in that it's pretty easy if you take it slowly) but I had lost all but 15 hp in the second room including using my life pot, so I couldn't handle a room full of "butes"(I think that's what they're called)

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:44 PM
Thanks. The third room was always my favorite too. I tried to make it feel more like the third room in the original Hell (like you said, pretty easy if you take your time). And also, I didn't notice that the Deleets didn't hurt you when they blew up. I'll have to fix that.

Apr 13, 2007 at 8:51 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Can you slow down the falling blocks a bit? Or make there be less of them? I feel the blocks fall too close together to properly be able to avoid them.

Apr 14, 2007 at 2:27 AM
Hoxtilicious
Daniel G said:
Can you slow down the falling blocks a bit? Or make there be less of them? I feel the blocks fall too close together to properly be able to avoid them.

Ya can'T slowdown without assembler ang forgive me any errors I'am drunken @_@ (Yes, actually lol)

Apr 14, 2007 at 5:37 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Apr 14, 2007 at 11:19 AM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
like i always say if you drink and post your a bloody idiot

<_< this is a good post only bad grammer... What's so bad?

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:03 PM
Hoxtilicious
Oh yes, already played it, it's kinda nice! But also hard...

Apr 15, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
<_< this is a good post only bad grammer... What's so bad?
lol sometimes i dont think :D

Apr 16, 2007 at 5:56 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Ya can'T slowdown without assembler ang forgive me any errors I'am drunken @_@ (Yes, actually lol)
Interesting. Maybe he could minimize the damage done by the blocks?
I had to quote that one for posterity. :D :p