Music/Sound Hacking

Aug 24, 2008 at 4:14 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Really, that's pretty helpful (added to notes)
But why didn't metalogz post it himself? o.O
Ah well, thanks for the offset Jc (ys810 to be exact)

Anyone know what happened to Lizaror? Ze was the one who needed the offsetes in the first place.

Cheers
-Lace

Aug 24, 2008 at 6:02 PM
Hoxtilicious
Because Metalogz is banned.

Aug 24, 2008 at 6:37 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Because Metalogz is banned.

Not anymore! :rolleyes:

By the way if you're wondering, just change the value in that offset mentioned earlier to the ID of the song you wish for it to play in place of the original.

For example,

0025 - Moonsong.
0024 - Cave Story (original title screen song)

At the offset, change the value, 18 (24 in hex is 18) to 19 (25 in hex is 19) and there you go! ^^

Lace said:
Anyone know what happened to Lizaror? Ze was the one who needed the offsetes in the first place.

I guess he was so annoyed at us that he left. xD sighs.

Aug 25, 2008 at 1:14 AM
lolwut? You banned metalogz?
and not Kage?

Someone has his prorities screwed up. >_>

Lace

btw metalogz, the number of the song is freely available in the tsc, and what the offset did was fairly obvious. If Lizaroro couldn't understand that, ze shouldn't have been hacking. Not to say that you shouldn't have posted, it's always nice if someone posts useful information.

I WANT ORANGE BELL! (and yes, I have been lurking that long)

Aug 31, 2008 at 3:23 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Wait a sec. The music names are in giberish. Need names. Oh and by the way I ment change the music with some from other games like Gradius three for example. And one more thing. Are ORG files and OGG files the same thing or not?

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:56 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
When I tried to play Cave story with the different song and it the Tittle screen had no music. I used an OGG file. What have I done wrong?

Aug 31, 2008 at 7:23 AM
Luls
Lizzaroro said:
Wait a sec. The music names are in giberish. Need names. Oh and by the way I ment change the music with some from other games like Gradius three for example. And one more thing. Are ORG files and OGG files the same thing or not?

DUDEEEEE. MAKE AN EFFORT TO READDDDDDD ><

Or at least, use the search function. It ain't there for nothing, y;know? :p

The names that you call "screwed-up" are the short names that Pixel used to refer to his songs. It's listed somewhere in another thread. GO search.

(Or mebbe it was posted in THIS thread? I forgot :p )

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:21 AM
I figured it out. Read the post above you. Thats what im having trouble with.

Aug 31, 2008 at 4:16 PM
ogg files are not org files.
and metalogz, I posted the names for the songs right before him.
lol

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:04 AM
How do you convert Mp3's to ORG's then?

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:49 AM
Luls
Lizzaroro said:
How do you convert Mp3's to ORG's then?

Not sure if you can...

Well you should've saved it as an .org file in the first place =/...

@Lace : xD Lol. I'm blind, remember? (loljking)

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:46 AM
How do you change sound effects then?

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:57 AM
erm, search button?
runelancer posted this in a stickied topic ya know.

Browse before asking.

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:20 AM
Tell me!!! If you know the answer tell me!!! There are no answers for other topics!!!

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:24 AM
Example: Just say I want to change the Bazooka firing sound to another rocket firing sound. How do I do that? Anyone that knows please tell me! If your just gonna say "Theres a search button" then DON'T REPLY AT ALL!

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Luls
Lizzaroro said:
Example: Just say I want to change the Bazooka firing sound to another rocket firing sound. How do I do that? Anyone that knows please tell me! If your just gonna say "Theres a search button" then DON'T REPLY AT ALL!

Fag. If we don't reply, you'd say we're ignoring you. If we say "use the bloody search button", you say "JUST DON'T REPLY AT ALL".

I think you need some time to wash your brain or at least buy a new one.

Either that, or just sit back on your lazy ass and stop complaining.

How much energy does it take your stone-clad arm to drag the cursor to the search button and place some weight on the left mouse button? Not that hard, really.

So lest you wish to waste that "precious energy" of yours, shuddup.

Edit-

Btw I hope you're not blind. Theres an EDIT button for a reason.

Sep 6, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Look, Lizaroro, if you just want to find the easy way out, you should not be a hacker.

Heck, you should not even think of being a hacker.

If you want to find out how to change the sound of the missile launcher, I would suggest two things.

First and Foremost, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON! I know this has been posted before, you should STOP relying on other people, and use your brain for a change!

Secondly, screw around in a hex editor, various mods (Original Sin) have changed the sound of a weapon, and you can find this data out by changing values in the hex editor.

In the words of the immortal Runelancer, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, not by hopping in a taxi. If that is what you want to do, turn around and go home, No one wants a leech on the forums.

[saracsm]By the way, you are very mature, the way you thank us for all the help we've given you so far, instead of pestering us with countless more questions, the answers to which that you are to lazy to understand, and even to lazy to try to understand, thank you, thank you very much. [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, if you aren't even trying to understand the advice we give you, you shouldn't be a hacker.

Thank you, and please go home.

Lace

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:21 PM
If I suck at hacking how did I make this hack? http://files.filefront.com/Toms+abadoxzip/;8896316;/fileinfo.html
Also you PHAIL at being nice and helping. God. If you want to be jerks find somewhere else to flame others. Go on Halo or something and whine about others. But not on a forum. Im never coming back because you guys suck!

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:34 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
K.

Now you have no choice but to search :D

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:06 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Birthday:
July 24, 1994"

OK. Bye Kid.

Edit: I bet your so-called "NES Hack" isn't even a hack rather than just a edit of image files.