Movie script

Nov 29, 2007 at 10:24 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Put it in a Styrofoam box filled with ice, wrap it in wax paper and mail it. It'll be good for 3-4 days.

My uncle sends people ducks he kills that way. Mmmm... duck.

Nov 29, 2007 at 10:41 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Atravir said:
Put it in a Styrofoam box filled with ice, wrap it in wax paper and mail it. It'll be good for 3-4 days.

I think ducks are a bit less fragile than a delicious Balcake.

BTW, I posted a link in Pixel's guestbook.

Nov 29, 2007 at 11:07 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
andwhyisit said:
What should I put it in to stop it from spoiling or falling apart in transit?

oh i was joking o_O"

that just sounds wrong AND funny

Nov 29, 2007 at 11:47 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Also what is the progress on the script?

To XristosX: The cake piece may have trouble reaching you if I address it to "Bendigo, Australia". :(
PM the address?

Tadashi said:
I think ducks are a bit less fragile than a delicious Balcake.

BTW, I posted a link in Pixel's guestbook.
1. That's what I'm looking into.
2. Cool.

xristosx said:
oh i was joking o_O"
No cake then?

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:48 AM
Guy with Sword
I got the Balrog Battle #3 done, and Quote and Curly are currently running through the labyrinth.

In lieu of America's Thanksgiving, I found out that most other countries have Thanksgiving as well, just not in the sense that America does. Which got me wondering. Does Australia have Thanksgiving or something close to it?

Seriously, though, don't send me balcake. :(

Nov 30, 2007 at 4:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
I got the Balrog Battle #3 done, and Quote and Curly are currently running through the labyrinth.

In lieu of America's Thanksgiving, I found out that most other countries have Thanksgiving as well, just not in the sense that America does. Which got me wondering. Does Australia have Thanksgiving or something close to it?

Seriously, though, don't send me balcake. :(
3. Nah just XristosX, you live overseas.

1. If you need help with the core fight then ask. I feel a script excerpt coming on.

2. Thanksgiving and Holloween aren't as big over here as far as I can tell. I think that thanksgiving is more "Eat turkey day" over here and most commonly just skipped to my knowledge since the day has very little meaning over here and you can have turkey any day. Halloween is not as big as in America but still a good excuse to have a party with everyone in costume. Easter is popular over here though, and Christmas is during summer here but we don't care.

I went to America once, space mountain was the best ride at disneyland ever! :D

Nov 30, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
3. Nah just XristosX, you live overseas.
2. Thanksgiving and Holloween aren't as big over here as far as I can tell. I think that thanksgiving is more "Eat turkey day" over here and most commonly just skipped to my knowledge since the day has very little meaning over here and you can have turkey any day. Halloween is not as big as in America but still a good excuse to have a party with everyone in costume. Easter is popular over here though, and Christmas is during summer here but we don't care.

1. wouldnt have time to really collect it i've been helping my parents like 46 hours a week -_-"

also yeah thanks giving and halloween is really not big at all here. easter is like andwhyisit said (also greek easter for me ^^), what do you mean we dont care with christmas, or do you mean because its summer we dont care its summer?

Nov 30, 2007 at 12:35 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
... I just realised I've been missing out on a lot of cool stuffs.. D:

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:09 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
1. wouldnt have time to really collect it i've been helping my parents like 46 hours a week -_-"

also yeah thanks giving and halloween is really not big at all here. easter is like andwhyisit said (also greek easter for me ^^), what do you mean we dont care with christmas, or do you mean because its summer we dont care its summer?
I meant that we don't care about it being summer during christmas holidays. Seriously, who doesn't like christmas. :p

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:48 PM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:

3. I went to America once, space mountain was the best ride at disneyland ever! :p
2. Halloween is fun. Every year my mother buys a big bag of candy, and every year I have to give it away to kids trick-or-treating. So I decided that the point of Halloween is to scare the crap out of little kids that come to my door, so they run away and I keep the candy. :D

3. Yes it is. :D

Nov 30, 2007 at 5:20 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Pixel thinks the cake's color matching is great.

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:25 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Tadashi said:
Pixel thinks the cake's color matching is great.
It took alot of experimenting to get the colours right, and a fair amount of icing sugar. :p

Say thanks to Pixel for me. :D

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:53 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
What music will appear in the movie? (give me the names of the original tracks e.g. "Access" means a cover/remix of Access, "White" means a cover/remix of White, etc.)

Shachinobu seems like our best bet if he/she is willing to help.

Also who do you think our artist should be should Plan B come to pass?

What is the cheapest you can get for a good voice actor? (not a famous one of course)

Where are you at with the script? Can we have a script excerpt pleeeease. ;)

Maybe we can have it animated without sound, voices or music and show the CS Community 5min of it so that we can get support with it in order to finish the sounds, vocals, and music because those are the things we need the most help with.

The first thing that needs to be done after the script is finished is create a storyboard, then execute Plan A. :D

Dec 5, 2007 at 4:19 AM
Guy with Sword
1) There is...
-Cave Story (of course)
-Mimiga Village
-Mischievous Robot
-Balrog's (wouldn't be Cave Story Without it)
-Grasstown
-Eyes of Flame
-Oppression
-Tyrant
-Jenka1
-Labyrinth
-Waterway
-Quiet
-Moonsong
-Balcony (maybe)
-Island of Eden (specifically)
-Welcome Home (specifically)
The three main ones are Cave Story, Moonsong, and Mimiga Village/Welcome Home.

3) No Idea. I guess we would have to audition.

4) I'd guess $50-$60 and hour.

5) Labyrinth Fight. And an excerpt...

Cut to: Full shot of Balrog diagonal to the camera. He braces himself on his stubby legs. Suddenly, the two front side edges of his body swing open, revealing loaded rocket pods, three on each side. Balrog grins maliciously.
Cut to: Mid shot of Quote and Curly, the former slightly in front of the latter. They gawp at Balrog’s new weapon with a look of fear and bewilderment.
Curly: What the?-
Cut to: Mid shot of Balrog. He looks confident.
Balrog: Oh, that’s right; I forgot to mention the rockets. Haven’t had to use them in a while, so consider yourself privileged!
Camera zooms out to a full front shot of Balrog, who immediately fires off three missiles at the same time. The missiles fly past the camera, leaving behind smoke.
Cut to: Full side shot of Quote and Curly. Quote grabs Curly’s arm and yanks her out of the way of the oncoming missiles, jumping to the side.
Quote: Look out!
The missiles explode on the ground, sending dust and smoke everywhere.
Cut to: Shot of Quote and Curly landing from the front. Quote pulls out the Snake and Curly her machine gun.
Curly: (Shouting) What is with this toaster thing??
Quote: Shoot now, ask later!
Quote dashes toward Balrog, quickly moving out of camera view. Curly pauses for a moment, then cocks her gun and follows Quote.

6) Good Idea

Dec 5, 2007 at 5:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
1) There is...
-Cave Story (of course)
-Mimiga Village
-Mischievous Robot
-Balrog's (wouldn't be Cave Story Without it)
-Grasstown
-Eyes of Flame
-Oppression
-Tyrant
-Jenka1
-Labyrinth
-Waterway
-Quiet
-Moonsong
-Balcony (maybe)
-Island of Eden (specifically)
-Welcome Home (specifically)
The three main ones are Cave Story, Moonsong, and Mimiga Village/Welcome Home.
I'll take a look at what remixes/covers we can use when I get home.

Atravir said:
4) I'd guess $50-$60 and hour.
Ack! I can only fund 2 hours worth in a week. Sound should definitely come after we release the 5 min preview.

Atravir said:
Suddenly, the two front side edges of his body swing open, revealing loaded rocket pods, three on each side. Balrog grins maliciously.
Cut to: Mid shot of Quote and Curly, the former slightly in front of the latter. They gawp at Balrog’s new weapon with a look of fear and bewilderment.
Curly: What the?-
Cut to: Mid shot of Balrog. He looks confident.
Balrog: Oh, that’s right; I forgot to mention the rockets. Haven’t had to use them in a while, so consider yourself privileged!
You kinda lost Balrog's personality on that one, never make Balrog serious or malicious, it's just not balrog. Think of a kid with a warm bubbly personality that likes to play "Missiles" with the other kids (;)), and change that to suit balrog.

Atravir said:
6) Good Idea
Which one? :D

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:10 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
You kinda lost Balrog's personality on that one, never make Balrog serious or malicious, it's just not balrog. Think of a kid with a warm bubbly personality that likes to play "Missiles" with the other kids (:D), and change that to suit balrog.

yeah what balrog said sounds like something the doctor and maybe misery would say

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:22 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Why not get some forumers to voice act for free, I don't mind.

Edit - The mic makes my voice sounds more feminish, so I can voice act for a female.

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
jcys810 said:

Edit - The mic makes my voice sounds more feminish, so I can voice act for a female.

lol i try not to think about how i sound XD
or do not want to voice act :S

Dec 5, 2007 at 3:09 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
lol. I don't have any recording software, so you'll need MSN if you want to hear my voice. And I won't do it when my parents are around, its embarassing. :X

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Cave Story: Cave Story (Large Farm) [LightOtaku]
Balrog's Theme: VS Balrog [Shachinobu]
Moonsong: Moon Rhapsody [DrumUltimA]
Breakdown: Breakdown (Hard Rock Mix) [Cyril]

jcys810 said:

The problem is that you need to find people who have voices that fit the characters and be able to act the part, voice acting isn't just about voices.

Hmm.. maybe we should wait for the "Support audio insertion for Plan B" thing to happen before working out this.. SUBJECT CHANGE!!! Where will the artist auditions be held and how much would they cost?