Movie script

Dec 8, 2007 at 12:05 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
andwhyisit said:
What is the point of daylight savings anyway?

not sure what date it started but it was used in olden days so the sun was up longer in the day so people wouldnt waste as much money buying candles for light at night

Dec 10, 2007 at 3:07 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I was actually going to use Island of Eden for the final boss battle, for the three reasons that it is 8 minutes long, relatively evil-sounding, and has a wicked guitar solo (which is hard to beat ;) ).

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:15 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I agree with the three reasons you've stated but I realy think that the remix project can't work... anime style. Anime BGM is normally based on a single tune layout, with a short intro. Not only is IoE a remix of 5 different tracks, all with hugely different tunes (granted CrisDavis has done great withthe transitions), but there is also the fact that it is best listened to at a high volume. Anime music is played in the Background to allow flexibility in movement and dialogues. andwhy's link though, I can imagine best in a boss fight OTHER than the Core.

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:28 AM
Guy with Sword
You raise a good point, but I will only use the Last Battle tune if there is a version that is mainly intense rock/techno music. Intense music is needed.

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:46 AM
Respwnt
Atravir said:
You raise a good point, but I will only use the Last Battle tune if there is a version that is mainly intense rock/techno music. Intense music is needed.
You need a darkish tune there. Most LastBattle remixes (and the original to some extent) are winning trax, and seem in place best when, for instance, Ash is winning a pokemon battle. The first part of Never Die seems OK, though.

Scrap Metal seems good though. Combination Lock is probably good as well.

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
You need a darkish tune there. Most LastBattle remixes (and the original to some extent) are winning trax, and seem in place best when, for instance, Ash is winning a pokemon battle. The first part of Never Die seems OK, though.

Scrap Metal seems good though. Combination Lock is probably good as well.
I think we need custom made tracks. After plan B-2 maybe.

How did you go with the personality thing. I think we need to keep the joke from the start of the game's battle in the movie.

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
5) Labyrinth Fight. And an excerpt...
Cut to: Full shot of Balrog diagonal to the camera. He braces himself on his stubby legs. Suddenly, the two front side edges of his body swing open, revealing loaded rocket pods, three on each side. Balrog grins maliciously.
Cut to: Mid shot of Quote and Curly, the former slightly in front of the latter. They gawp at Balrog’s new weapon with a look of fear and bewilderment.
Curly: What the?-
Cut to: Mid shot of Balrog. He looks confident.
Balrog: Oh, that’s right; I forgot to mention the rockets. Haven’t had to use them in a while, so consider yourself privileged!
Camera zooms out to a full front shot of Balrog, who immediately fires off three missiles at the same time. The missiles fly past the camera, leaving behind smoke.
Cut to: Full side shot of Quote and Curly. Quote grabs Curly’s arm and yanks her out of the way of the oncoming missiles, jumping to the side.
Quote: Look out!
The missiles explode on the ground, sending dust and smoke everywhere.
Cut to: Shot of Quote and Curly landing from the front. Quote pulls out the Snake and Curly her machine gun.
Curly: (Shouting) What is with this toaster thing??
Quote: Shoot now, ask later!
Quote dashes toward Balrog, quickly moving out of camera view. Curly pauses for a moment, then cocks her gun and follows Quote.
andwhyisit said:
You kinda lost Balrog's personality on that one, never make Balrog serious or malicious, it's just not balrog. Think of a kid with a warm bubbly personality that likes to play "Missiles" with the other kids (;)), and change that to suit balrog.
xristosx said:
yeah what balrog said sounds like something the doctor and maybe misery would say
Atravir said:
I'll work on the personality thing.
andwhyisit said:
How did you go with the personality thing. I think we need to keep the joke from the start of the game's battle in the movie.
Roonil Wazlib said:
I get the feeling I'm missing something here
You are now up to date.

Dec 10, 2007 at 7:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
Thanx. I thought it had something to do with the uber complicated personality study from wiki that Atravir had provided ;).
Huh? Link please.

If you look at track 42 of the mp3 beta zip, that is what the music for the opening credits should be.

Dec 10, 2007 at 12:37 PM
Respwnt
andwhyisit said:
Huh? Link please.

If you look at track 42 of the mp3 beta zip, that is what the music for the opening credits should be.
I tried looking for it from pages 50-80, but couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere near my Newton reference :D.

Yeah, that one rox.

EDIT: I know this seems a dumb question, but how much action/ special effects do you plan to include, Atravir?

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:03 AM
Guy with Sword
Personality:
I'm working on it. I want to get the basic script down, so I can go through the whole thing and make sure it all flows, instead of trying to fix little things as I go without being yet able to grasp the whole picture. Personalities are second on my to-do list, under story and above understandable jokes. :D

Joke:
I should, but see above.

Effects:
Not sure. Whatever funding allows. And by that I mean give me money so I can make a decent movie. :D

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Effects:
Not sure. Whatever funding allows. And by that I mean give me money so I can make a decent movie. :D
I better start saving up after newyears.

Animation in Japan is made with a sickeningly small budget hollywood wise. $100,000?
:D I hope that the animation side of it doesn't cost that much.

Dec 11, 2007 at 4:27 AM
Guy with Sword
Actually, that's a very good price movie-wise. The joys of Anime. :D
No movie is without a price. No matter how we make the movie, we have generally one of two options:
-Find people who will donate beforehand, and who don't expect anything in return. (yeah, right)
-Create a budget for the movie, and one it is finished, charge for it. (and hope to god we get at least 10,000 people willing to buy it for $10)

On a side note, what currency does Australia use?

Dec 11, 2007 at 4:50 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Actually, that's a very good price movie-wise. The joys of Anime. :D
No movie is without a price. No matter how we make the movie, we have generally one of two options:
-Find people who will donate beforehand, and who don't expect anything in return. (yeah, right)
We already got an answer from that department, no-one will support it unless we have something to show them.

Atravir said:
-Create a budget for the movie, and one it is finished, charge for it. (and hope to god we get at least 10,000 people willing to buy it for $10)
How much would it cost to made 5mins without sound? If we can get someone to draw for us at a low cost or for free (cave story fan?) that would be good.

Atravir said:
On a side note, what currency does Australia use?
Dollars. We have gold coins for $1 and $2 instead of notes but have notes for $5 and upwards and we have 20c coins instead of 25c with the coins starting at 5c.
p14275-0-notes.jpg
p14275-1-coins.jpg

Dec 11, 2007 at 10:31 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
you dont have the normal 50c coin there, that looks like a special one XD

also i wouldnt mind having all the money in that pic in my pocket atm :D

We already got an answer from that department, no-one will support it unless we have something to show them.

:S yeah that's right, i seriously cant understand that massive negative response

Dec 11, 2007 at 11:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 11, 2007 at 11:39 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
wow i didn't know they had that much Commemorative coins, i thought their was like 6 max.