Movie script

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:44 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Roonil Wazlib said:
RH might be. BoB will make an awesome opener PROVIDED that there is action in the video. It is useless if the title is zoomed upon, but that way FoS isn't much better either.
I still like Fortress better, I am visualising the opening credits with Fortress playing and it is awesome.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Which gives me an idea: Quote did go along with Curly to destroy the crown before right? So isn't it possible that they both found out about Ballos, but couldn't kill him (or maybe never reached the seal chamber) and lost their memories in the process? If thatis true, then we could have a 3D first-person Hell run with Q and C doing 3d platformer type acrobatics, killing butes, etc.
That is far-fetched, sorry.

Roonil Wazlib said:
So, you got a screenie to show off?
I have a small version next to the userbar on my sig, but I have a full version of it on my computer at home.

jcys810 said:
Are you gonna use actual sprites for this movie or Flash drawn graphics?
Drawn, anime style, not flash or sprites but a REAL movie.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Never heard of him... Thanks for the info

Here's the list:
Bat man
Super man
Iron man
Spider man
Wonder Wo man
And last but probably not the least, Use Actually man

This deserves a wikipedia entry.
NOOOO!!!
I use wikipedia. ;)

Dec 18, 2007 at 11:36 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Thought just occurred to me, it said that Quote and Curly came originally to destroy the crown, but did it ever say that they were on the same team?

Opening music? You're kidding. How about the Cave Story Theme? Seriously. It is Cave Story's signature song.

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Thought just occurred to me, it said that Quote and Curly came originally to destroy the crown, but did it ever say that they were on the same team?

Opening music? You're kidding. How about the Cave Story Theme? Seriously. It is Cave Story's signature song.
1. Ask curly in plantation after she gets her memory back, she said that they were both sent to the island and she remembered quote. She also said that they were different from the other robots, in fact they were the "other" team.

2. There is a reason why it is also called "Plantation" and "Curly's/Quote's Theme". Can you even think of a way that Plantation would work as opening credits? Not kidding btw.

On the subject of wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_Story

wikipedia said:
Backstory

Thousands of years ago, there existed a powerful magician named Ballos, whose powers were far beyond those of ordinary mortals. He used his powers to help and guide people, and so the people loved and trusted him more than even their own king. Over time, the King became jealous, and had Ballos imprisoned. Subjected to horrific tortures, Ballos was finally driven to madness. The magic inside him ran wild, and the King and the castle were destroyed instantly in a wave of fiery destruction. Ballos was unable to regain control of his magic, and, under its compulsion, murdered his wife and children and burned the kingdom to ashes. There remained but a bare trace of his sanity, and as he watched his family die, he was horrified even as he laughed.

When Ballos's sister, Jenka, a witch also possessing powerful magic, learned that her brother had gone mad, she confined him to an island that floated in the sky. Even though Ballos could not be freed from his magic and his insanity—except through death—Jenka loved her brother too much to kill him.

The floating island was held aloft by its Core, which lived deep inside the island. To defend the Core, Jenka constructed a labyrinth around its entrance and sealed the entrance itself with a large boulder. In the labyrinth she imprisoned the Gaudis, a race of giant insects, both as guardians and so that they would not be able to attack the Mimigas, a race of flower-eating, rabbit-like creatures who also lived in the island. Her powers exhausted, she retired to the Sand Zone, a desert-like cave on the island, and began to raise dogs.

Jenka had a daughter named Misery. Misery, who gained magical powers of her own, forced Ballos to create the Demon Crown, which would channel his power to the wearer. However, as the unwitting creator of the Crown's curse, she was bound for all eternity to serve any who would wear the crown.

Ten years before the game begins, the countries of Earth sent robots to bring back the Demon Crown. The robots killed indiscriminately, and many of the Mimigas were slain. To defend themselves, the Mimigas sought out the Red Flowers.

Although the Mimigas rely on flowers for sustenance, the legendary Red Flowers are toxic to them. The flower itself contains two chemical compounds: one to incite massive muscular growth and mutation; and the other a deliriant that causes total loss of the faculties of reason. This second compound has shown to form a crystalline substance when purified—the Red Crystal—and it is believed that this is what gives the flowers their distinctive red color.

Finally, a man from the surface gained possession of the Demon Crown. The robots fell silent. The Mimigas, however, were still frenzied from the Red Flowers, and the master of the Crown turned them loose upon the Earth.

Quote (the protagonist, whose name is only revealed through special effort on the player's part) and Curly Brace were two 'special' robots sent to the island to assassinate the master of the Crown and destroy it once and for all. Their superior skill and strength allowed them to wound him, but before they could defeat him they were rendered unconscious and scattered among the island's network of underground caves.

Shortly before the beginning of the game, a research party of humans came to the island by helicopter. It consisted of research scientist Momorin Sakamoto, her children Sue and Kazuma Sakamoto, Professor Booster, an engineer named Itoh, and a medical doctor named Fuyuhiko Date (whose name is only revealed through special effort on the player's part). The doctor knew the Crown existed and joined the party merely for the opportunity to find it. After the party landed, he immediately began to search for it. The opening sequence of the game shows the Doctor finding the Crown with Misery and Balrog, the two servants of the Crown, floating in the background.

Once the Doctor had the crown, he began a plan to take over the world: he would force the Mimigas to cultivate and ultimately eat the Red Flowers, and use an army of enraged Mimigas to attack the "surface" (Earth). The other members of the research party did not want to cooperate, so he ordered them to be destroyed. Sue Sakamoto and Itoh were turned into Mimigas by Misery before escaping. Kazuma Sakamoto teleported away, but found himself trapped in a room with no exit and a broken teleporter. Reluctantly following the Doctor's orders for fear of her life, Momorin Sakamoto was eventually thrown off the edge of the island once the Doctor found the Red Flower seeds. Hiding out in the plantations, she planned in secret for a way to defeat the Doctor from the security of an underground laboratory.

Sue hid out in the Mimiga village. The village was at one point very large, but had only six inhabitants after the Doctor began abducting Mimigas for use in his experiments, his army and to work in the Plantation. In the past, Toroko's brother and hero of the Mimigas, Arthur, had driven back a demon from the village and who gallantly saved the Mimigas, was killed by the Doctor during his rise to power. The new Mimiga leader, King, disliked Sue and attempted to exchange her for Toroko (after Toroko was kidnapped) with disastrous results.

When the game begins, Quote awakens in a cave near the Mimiga village.

Dec 19, 2007 at 2:55 AM
Guy with Sword
Kudos for Wikipedia. ;)

The opening credits run with Plantation in the Current version of the script (although I need to revise the intro badly), basically Quote wanders around through the first cave while the starting credits roll and Plantation plays.

If you really want to revise the intro to the movie, the first question is what mood should it set? Mysterious, heroic, relaxed, videogame-ish, dramatic, etc. Right now it is more relaxed and videogame-like.

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:34 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Kudos for Wikipedia. ;)

The opening credits run with Plantation in the Current version of the script (although I need to revise the intro badly), basically Quote wanders around through the first cave while the starting credits roll and Plantation plays.

If you really want to revise the intro to the movie, the first question is what mood should it set? Mysterious, heroic, relaxed, videogame-ish, dramatic, etc. Right now it is more relaxed and videogame-like.
What I was thinking was to start the intro off with this:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/14287/
then use various scenes from the movie to show all the characters with some custom scenes as well and then finish it with a group shot of all the characters followed by a fade out. A typical anime intro, and it works well.

Dec 19, 2007 at 4:19 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Never heard of him... Thanks for the info

Here's the list:
Bat man
Super man
Iron man
Spider man
Wonder Wo man
And last but probably not the least, Use Actually man

This deserves a wikipedia entry.

I meant use actual...

._.

Dec 19, 2007 at 6:20 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
The opening credits play at the first cave?????
That is yet to be decided.

Roonil Wazlib said:
Since you guys mentioned that wiki linque, does CS REALLY feature in X-box?
Yes there is an x-box port.
As well as ports for GP2X, PSP, Linux and Mac. ;)

Dec 19, 2007 at 6:26 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
That is yet to be decided.

If the credits play the way you said (Charaters, custom scenes and all), then I'm going for Fortress of the Sky or a progressive track (that doesn't have a main tune, eg, BoB, Never Die, Last Battle, Meltdownzz)

But FoS just won't go well with a calm and quiet atmosphere (such as the caves), no matter how awesome a track it is (not to mention it is a bit too long).

Dec 19, 2007 at 7:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
If the credits play the way you said (Charaters, custom scenes and all), then I'm going for Fortress of the Sky or a progressive track (that doesn't have a main tune, eg, BoB, Never Die, Last Battle, Meltdownzz)

But FoS just won't go well with a calm and quiet atmosphere (such as the caves), no matter how awesome a track it is (not to mention it is a bit too long).
Agreed .

Dec 19, 2007 at 8:13 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
But we MUST include CS main theme at some point.
Any ideas? I was thinking of using it as a recurring BGM throughout the movie but that might not work. Hmm..

Dec 19, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
What I was thinking was to start the intro off with this:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/14287/
then use various scenes from the movie to show all the characters with some custom scenes as well and then finish it with a group shot of all the characters followed by a fade out. A typical anime intro, and it works well.

Sounds like something for a TV Show, where it's assumed that the audience already knows the entire cast, whereas movies generally introduce characters as they appear in the story. Seems strange for a movie...

Dec 19, 2007 at 11:26 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Sounds like something for a TV Show, where it's assumed that the audience already knows the entire cast, whereas movies generally introduce characters as they appear in the story. Seems strange for a movie...
Maybe we should just use the title logo with the island outline and the credits can run through the start of the movie and do without an opening theme. The cave Quote awoke in should be silent until you move out into the main tunnel for first cave.

Dec 20, 2007 at 7:04 AM
Respwnt
andwhyisit said:
Maybe we should just use the title logo with the island outline and the credits can run through the start of the movie and do without an opening theme. The cave Quote awoke in should be silent until you move out into the main tunnel for first cave.
That would mean making the first cave a heck of a lot longer than it is now.

Dec 20, 2007 at 1:14 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
That would mean making the first cave a heck of a lot longer than it is now.
I said the start of the movie, the credits could run into Mimiga village if you want, it is only on-screen text. The silent part is only for when quote wakes up, the rest can and will have BGM, but just the bgm you would expect if the credits weren't there at all.

Dec 20, 2007 at 1:52 PM
Respwnt
andwhyisit said:
I said the start of the movie, the credits could run into Mimiga village if you want, it is only on-screen text. The silent part is only for when quote wakes up, the rest can and will have BGM, but just the bgm you would expect if the credits weren't there at all.
Which would take much of the limelight away from what's actually happening onscreen (Mimiga Village is an important introduction to the story). I'd say have the Doctor bit first with a bit of credits playing in BG, and then the transmission.

EDIT: What about Mischievous Robot?

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:36 PM
Guy with Sword
I still think Plantation is the best, at least Cave Story fans will recognize it as being Cave Story.

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
I still think Plantation is the best, at least Cave Story fans will recognize it as being Cave Story.
Do you have a way to fit it in? Replace gestation in first cave?
You can use more than one track per area if you want.