Monster X

Feb 15, 2007 at 1:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi :o
I'm new here and have just started playing Cave Story within the past week or so.
I have got as far as the boss Monster X, and am stuck! I really cannot figure out how to do damage to the thing. If anyone could please help me with this or give me a few tips, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Dan.

Feb 15, 2007 at 2:31 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Feb 15, 2007 at 3:56 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ahh thankyou so much that's really helpful.
bookmarked straight away!

Feb 15, 2007 at 4:09 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
your wellcome

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:01 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
got past x fine after that pretty easy

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:12 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
.....how was it hard to figure out >_>?

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:37 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
xristosx said:
.....how was it hard to figure out >_>?
I'm inclined to say that Monster X is actually the hardest boss in the game besides Ballos. I had a hell of a time trying to beat him the first time (using the polar star, at that). Then I switched to the blade, and everything was better.

Feb 16, 2007 at 1:14 PM
Hoxtilicious
Anarch said:
I'm inclined to say that Monster X is actually the hardest boss in the game besides Ballos. I had a hell of a time trying to beat him the first time (using the polar star, at that). Then I switched to the blade, and everything was better.

I disagree, Monster X was very easy, it tooked me 1-3 times to kill him :o
I needed more times at the 3 Bosses on Balcony and on Ballos.

Feb 16, 2007 at 4:28 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The hardest boss by far for me wasn't ballos; It wasn't even Monster X...
Fighting that guy at the beginning of the game was so hard
I remember the toroko guy would weaken me in the suprize attack and then .... He shows up, no matter how far I ran he would jump and land on me
First balrog battle.... arg..h....

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:34 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
its funny if you say no (you did not want to battle him) then he says
"Huh. All right, see ya then." :confused:

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:03 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Core 1 is the hardest for me, mainly because having to deal with the water, him pushing me back, and his projectiles all at the same time is infuriating (And I'm not a great shot with the rocket).

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:56 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
None of the bosses are really that hard for me... But even then, a quick edit to any boss would make it quite challenging. For example, has anyone tried to fight ballos while it rains 10-damage bolders? ...I'm gonna try that out right now >:3

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:27 PM
Hoxtilicious
ZTaimat said:
None of the bosses are really that hard for me... But even then, a quick edit to any boss would make it quite challenging. For example, has anyone tried to fight ballos while it rains 10-damage bolders? ...I'm gonna try that out right now >:3

Lol my idea was it to have a boss fight when 10-damage blocks come on miza I did it already it works. (By teh way I think I had already posted an screenie of that.)
Anyhow you will run in problems since that is a special entity who only spawns blocks on special coordinates, good luck!

Feb 25, 2007 at 10:10 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Lol my idea was it to have a boss fight when 10-damage blocks come on miza I did it already it works. (By teh way I think I had already posted an screenie of that.)
Anyhow you will run in problems since that is a special entity who only spawns blocks on special coordinates, good luck!
My idea for doing a harder ballos fight was covering the floor with instant death spikes, covering those with those little green guys from the plantation, putting some blocks only solid for monsters above that, and covering those with the rhinos from egg corridor. For flight (since without that it would be a little too difficult), you get the machine gun instead of the booster.

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:16 AM
"..."
The instant death spikes would've been enough. Also, if the invulnerability that comes right after being hit works for death spikes, the death spikes become useless with the elephants.

Feb 28, 2007 at 12:12 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Osmose said:
The instant death spikes would've been enough. Also, if the invulnerability that comes right after being hit works for death spikes, the death spikes become useless with the elephants.
The entire point of the rhinos and green guys is that they're the enemy types that you can walk on top of without taking damage.

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Hoxtilicious
Slife said:
The entire point of the rhinos and green guys is that they're the enemy types that you can walk on top of without taking damage.

What can be easily hacked. :mad:

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:18 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The hardest one in the game for me was the Island Core...It would ALWAYS fill the room with water, push me up against the back wall, and fire it's three huge spheres of death at me, leveling my favorite weapons down and slaughtering my health at the same time. Not fun.

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:36 PM
Hoxtilicious
Tsura said:
The hardest one in the game for me was the Island Core...It would ALWAYS fill the room with water, push me up against the back wall, and fire it's three huge spheres of death at me, leveling my favorite weapons down and slaughtering my health at the same time. Not fun.

lol for me it was the other way round, Core was pure fun <3 it it's my favorite :3

Mar 4, 2007 at 12:25 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Tsura said:
The same thing happens to me, with the exception that I can avoid the 3 spheres... But I fall to the bottom and die drowned. >_<
Is a good boss anyways =D