mods you'd like to see return

Nov 2, 2012 at 3:28 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
As people have said, Ralren, but since that most likely won't happen, I'm casting my vote for Redesign, as it could happen.

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM
"Huzzah!"
In order of most favourite to least favourite:

[1] King: Strife and Sacrifice (Noxid)
[2] The Witching Hour (Carrotlord; how this mod is dead is over my head like sarcasm)
[3] The Lost Mage and Pirate (VoidMage_Lowell)
[4] Schism: Shattered Timescapes (Xaser)
[5] Eternal Chaos (ZTaimat (ZarroTsu?))
[6] The Future - What's left of it (can't remember who made it)
[7] WTF Story (GIRakaCHEEZER)

Eternal Chaos is abandoned. ZarroTsu hates the mod with a passion. He gave me permission to finish the mod and port it to PSP on the condition I change all the character names. He recommended "Super Muffin Slayer" or some such for the main character. @_@ He even gave me some very nice unused assets.

Unfortunately, as I worked on the project, I began to understand why he had abandoned it. I drifted away from the mod, and used much of my work on it for my own Cave Story mod, Chocolate Sunday. I may come back to Eternal Chaos and finish it, but for the moment I'm simply not 'feeling the love' as it were.

Oh, and Schism... I like to think of it as the Black Mesa of Cave Story mods. We'll probably get a full version by 2064.

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Eternal Chaos is abandoned. ZarroTsu hates the mod with a passion.
You mean the latest incarnation of that mod he posted here, right? Last time we had a substantial conversation (one year before now; he since appears to have abandoned #doukutsu) he was still dreaming about working on version three.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:18 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Nov 4, 2012 at 4:50 AM
"Huzzah!"
You mean the latest incarnation of that mod he posted here, right? Last time we had a substantial conversation (one year before now; he since appears to have abandoned #doukutsu) he was still dreaming about working on version three.

I spoke with him on IRC about 6 months ago. (Around the time someone on here posted a picture and asked 'which mod is this'? Answer = Eternal Chaos.) He was rather dismissive of my starry-eyed fanboism and told me he regarded Eternal Chaos 2.0 as 'shit'.

Reasons he gave included repetition, poor writing, and the plot itself.

He gave me a copy of the mod which is dated about 4 months after the one you've got, DT. I think it was packed just a few days before he officially gave up on the project. He was in the middle of rewriting all the text, and his bitterness was evident in the opening scene:

"I think I'll go outside and wander around like lemming." --'new and improved' opening scene.

From what he told me, the Eternal Chaos characters have moved beyond the EC mod for him, and he isn't happy with their early incarnation. It's feasible that he is working on Eternal Chaos 3.0, but it will certainly be a complete reboot.