Mod thread bumping

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:54 PM
"Huzzah!"
As far as i can tell, this is a real grey area. I mean for any other thread naturally after a fortnight or a month it should be allowed to die. But for mods, well they take a long time to make. One of the main reasons i havent updated my development thread or thoguht about making a showcase thread demo is that i dont know if people would get annoyed if i bumped a 6 page old thread.

I've wondered thsi for a while and i've seen it been brought up before as a topic, but it was never set in stone. I reckon it needs to be made clear specifically about creators bumping mod developments and mod showcases.

Aug 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
-A mod maker is entirely allowed to bump their own thread if they have new content, no matter how old it is. Making a new thread after a long hiatus is equally acceptable.
-Other users are allowed to bump a thread provided it's reasonable to think that it's still active, if it's for things like giving feedback or a bug report. However,
-If the question is just "Is this still being worked on?", it's better to ask the person themselves via VM/PM/whatever. If they aren't on the site anymore... the mod is probably on hold at the very least.
-Queries regarding dead links should be made in the Quickie Guide thread.
-Other discussion of old mods should take place in the Mods General thread. If someone is uncertain whether to bump or not, they should always post in said thread, as there's no wrong in doing so.

Common sense.

Aug 23, 2011 at 3:24 PM
"Huzzah!"
Sure its common sense. Unfortunately, this is the internet, and it isnt as common here as we'd like.

Well thanks for clearing that up.

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sticky?
This will be helpful to new users