Mod Concepts

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
First: Bell Story: Where Jedi Mark has to become a hero again. Enemies include: Shemales, Lolis, Chris McClones, and Mini-Balrogs (current version). Areas include: H. Street, Jedi Congradulation Ceremony, Danville, and Camp Wawanakwa?.

Second: Thy DungonStory: Basically Thy Dungeonman meets Cave Story. Enemies include: Ye Flask. Areas include: North, South, Start Point, and Dennis.

And what about yours?

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
1st: The Dark Platform
Concept: Post-CS world meets Star Trek, StarCraft, and Star Wars, with a dash of Monty Python thrown in for lolz.
Enemies include: Mix from original CS with a few mechanical ones thrown in.

2nd: Hot-To Story
Concept: An all-in-one package for helping new modders learn how to mod.
Enemies include: Uhhhh...

3rd: Hidden World, Closed World
Concept: Based on a true story with fantastic alternate reality embelishments; think Ghostbusters meets Bleach meets an autobiography.
Enemies include: Poultry-giests (chicken ghosts, litterally), Loorn (ill-omen sprites), Sddri (apish warrior-monks), and Lammasu (semi-intelegent winged beasts)

Jul 6, 2009 at 1:09 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
(No title Confirmed yet)

I wanna make a cave story inspired game with game maker about all this after I finish my mod but I thought I'd also put it down here.

It's set in the Future.
Pirate is a failure at life. All he does is drink at home. But one day when he wakes up with an incredible hangover, that all changes. He goes to the pharmacy for some painkillers and he's given a parking fine.

He sees the Parking inspector run away and chasing him is Bobby Sprinkles, who works in a secret gang that plots to destroy all parking inspectors cause they ruin everyone's days.

Pirate joins up with Bobby to punish the Parking inspector that gave him the parking ticket. Along the way, he meets strange characters, like Thumper, a sex symbol who can see 'round corners and many more.

Enemies include: Parking inspectors of course and mole people.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
My post is long, so The 8 Superior CS mod won't be mentioned, but there's still...

The Forgotten Game; Revival

A mod that's based off of my old irrecoverable Klik & Play game (Dubbed TFG; Beta), which itself was based off of Dragon Hero (Now dubbed TFG; Gamma), which had some rather lazy level designs I made back in 2002*, which also borrowed elements of my household "level designing" with figurines & other toys set around on shelves & such (Deemed as TFG; Alpha).

*Yes, TFG has been in the creation (And destruction) process since that point, and no, the Snator had nothing to do with Nator... It was a nickname for a certain trademarked reptilian creature inside a shell-like box... (In the lower left corner of this link's pic)

Originally there was no story, but now it's following the usual cliché, "Go on a long journey to defeat the evil boss creature" story (Though that's subject to change). The player starts at a house near the edge of a cliff, already armed with a single pistol, err, Polar Star, no wait, uhh...weapon.
The house also has a gas pump to the left of the door for no reason at all. Even so, it's probably a bad idea to stay inside with a bunch of dragon-esque minions running around a few feet from there.
Naturally, better weapons can be found, and every one of them has no ammo limit. A few "custom" bosses may be added, as well, including the majority of the stationary bosses from the Beta version of TFG.

There'll be two choices of gameplay modes (You can also choose your character's gender before the mod technically begins, too). The Standard mode starts you off with the Maximum 26 Health, but you won't find any Life Capsules. You'll only be able to hold one weapon at a time, as well (Which explains the limitless ammo). The 2nd mode is Cave Story mode, where you start with only 3 Health, but you can get Life Capsules in this mode & you'll be able to carry more than one weapon at a time. Due to the lower starting health, however, a lot of the earlier bosses can be much more difficult.

Originally, the mod would Autosave upon reaching Checkpoints in the level, much like on CociCookie's mod, Quest. I'll be adding a Yes/No option for saving when I release the initial demo, instead, but I might borrow a little from Splinter Cell's save messages while doing so...

The level designs (Minus certain backgrounds, which I'll use my camera for) & enemy sprites are rather simplistic & lacking certain details purposefully- This is to retain the original feel of its former incarnations. TFG;R will be more like the base Alpha version in the way the levels are built, however.
Be expecting a "vehicle" or two to be included for use in certain stages, though the initial demo may not reach that point, yet.
I cannot guarantee custom music, yet, but I do plan on adding some, in particular some remake attempts of fast forward versions of the BGM from SimCopter & Streets of SimCity. Of course, there will be others planned, as well.

May 24, 2010 at 12:40 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Off topic: I wish someone could make actual mods of these...

May 24, 2010 at 12:58 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
RHF64 said:
Off topic: I wish someone could make actual mods of these...
Almost a year bump. Wow.

May 24, 2010 at 1:22 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
a one-year bump for an off topic post.
eh...

May 24, 2010 at 1:23 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I herd this gui was 'rootan-special'

May 24, 2010 at 1:26 AM
May 24, 2010 at 1:31 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
cultr1 said:
.....what?

I know, right!?
Doesn't seem all that bad to me, just a little slow on the uptake perhaps.

May 24, 2010 at 1:55 AM
I may or may not understand....

May 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
cultr1 said:
.....what?
According to some people, RHF64 is an idiot.

May 24, 2010 at 3:37 AM
Mr. Fist said:
According to some people, RHF64 is an idiot.

I am aware of this.

May 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
ONTOPIC!

Misery Story (no one steal this, this is mine to learn to use CE with)
Story of Misery before the
demon crown
was made. Might also include some backstory for
Ballos.

You are welcome to go off topic again now.

LOOK, A PINEAPPLE!!!!! :eek:

May 25, 2010 at 4:45 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Nothx.

Cave Story - Miakid's Hate
Around Miakid era, A man from the surface trying to escape the hordes of enraged mimigas ends up on the island, to discover that the scout robots he had made had all either been destroyed by Miakid or heavily damaged by him. this gives him a hate for Miakid (on top of the hate for him he already had...) and rally's the mimigas to a final push, defeating Miakid. (During the beginning he makes a mimiga freind, which follows him around like Curly in the end. he turns out to be Arthur's father.)
Edit: if someone decides to make this mod, I wan't to be an active person in it, even so far as to make some of the maps.
EDIT 2: maybe i can put some refrences to other things in it.
I.E. (anyone who gets all the refrences is half as badass as Kanpachi, bar me.)
"Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate."
'Not even DEATH can save you from ME!'
'I shall blast your body and sear your soul to nothing!'

May 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM
May 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
yes. I suggest a merge/move/something.

May 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM
did anyone read my post? that took me a good twenty minutes! ( i really can't find alot of stuff, can I?...)