May 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hype thread '11
Team thread '11
Hype thread '12
Team thread '12

Alright so some of you may have noticed this never got organised properly last year, and it doesn't look like it's going to be any time soon. Instead there's a semi-mini-shooty-tourney that's looking like it'll be the big(gest) dig this year and I figured I'd mention it here in case anyone is interested. I'll be on my own team this year, as I want to preserve my sanity extra spare time and also to see maybe what I'm really capable of. It's up to you guys what you want to get together this time, although I'll still be more than happy to hang around and offer advice. All I ask is that you do CS Forums proud and try to post a score every week :mahin:

If you have no idea what the hell I've just been talking about, then you may be able to glean some information from the threads linked above because I really do not want to type all of that out again. As such, please avoid making posts of a "What exactly is this?" nature ITT. If you really can't follow my old explanations then maybe try asking me on visitor messages/profile feed where others can see it and chime in if they want to. I think everything this tourney is going to be run in MAME, so a good first step would be to see if you can get that working.

Back to the tourney: Teams are going to be in sizes of three persons this time, and each one gets to come up with its own name and potential banner :orangebell: Note that the actual word "Team" is no longer allowed in the title, probably to avoid parsing issues. Also note that there's less than a week remaining to sign up, so if you are interested then don't dawdle and get right onto contacting/discussing with people!

May 6, 2014 at 5:32 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It's sad when no one replies. >:

I'm pretty bad at shooter games and can't participate now, but I'd like to try next year or something. It's pretty interesting. It'd be nice if we could get at least one team from the forums! Even if not, though...I'm rooting for ya, DT. Good luck. :debug:

May 9, 2014 at 1:34 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I've done a lot of gitting gud since the last one of these, so I'm interested as usual.
I doubt we'll manage to get a team together without you leading the way, though.

May 9, 2014 at 1:38 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
well, sebti wanted to do something
I could pretend to contribute inbetween sleeping and work

May 9, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
The competition is a fair bit lighter in this one, so you needn't overdo it, although I was wondering if Dunc would be interested

May 10, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Alrighty then there's less than a day left to sign up

If you guys are after a name I can only recommend something involving cats and twerking

May 10, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
DoubleThink said:
If you guys are after a name I can only recommend something involving cats and twerking
So basically, what they were going to do anyway? :p
(Assuming they even plan on signing up, of course, but I think they might. I don't recognise any of the usernames in the teams there as anyone here, not even yours, so I don't know if they're already signed up or something.)

Although it's worth pointing out:

Team ALWAYS GODLIKE

GDLKscrub
Frenetic
Dunpeal2064?
I know it's not actually Dunc, but woah =o

May 10, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Polaris said:
So basically, what they were going to do anyway? :p
Actually if I made a team it was either going to be Kan KanPachi or Compressed JPEG but I could actually make it Twerk Sqad if people wanted

May 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
ShinyElectricBlueTiger said:
Actually if I made a team it was either going to be Kan KanPachi or Compressed JPEG but I could actually make it Twerk Sqad if people wanted
There's actually already a team with "Twerk" in it, and I do like Compressed JPEG and KanPachi, so yeah. ^.^

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
SoooOOOOoooooOOOoo

There's now an even-more-mini-tourney in the works based on doujin/indie titles. As I don't really have any intentions this time aside from playing a bit, I'd be down for ganging up with the CS crew again. Sign-ups close on the 9th (GMT+0:00), meaning this is fairly short notice.
Rego thread
Games for first week of voting (If I'm making the calls I'd be inclined to pick Cho Ren Sha again)
Teams are 3-5 members and there will be four playing weeks total rather than five. I am also still open to amusing team naming options :V

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Professional Whatever
Hey I'd be totally down for this.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Offensive User
Oh cool all doujins. Now I won't have to worry about pestering DT about finding roms for me this time.

Hopefully this time another caravan shmup will win over touhou and Touhou fans will be butthurt again (assuming that someone like this will come up) because that was probably one of the high points for me

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:36 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'll jump in again, I've gotten a lot better at shmups since we last did one of these.

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Hooray interest! However we are now left with less than a day to sign up and no team name! This is not a good thing! Unless someone else comes up with something by tonight I'm going with this:
p183892-0-twg.png
Current team (?):
-Me
-SEBTi
-Doors
-I think Yakkers said he might be interested and it turns out he was because he posted while I was writing this
-

Doors is the only one currently who doesn't have a shmups forum account, and I think he can handle joining and signing up (or I could always post his info and scores for him; he might not have time to get his initial post verified anyway). Do note that my username over there is "Nifty" now and that you might want to change your avatar from whatever Dave it used to be.

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:24 AM
Professional Whatever
I made an account what do i do just post in hte thread saying i'm here get wrecked or

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:22 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Copy the submission format others are using in the registration thread and replace all relevant information with ours, e.g.
Username: Doors*
Desired Team: Team WAVE PROPAGATE**
Team Captain: Nifty***
Desired Team Registration Status: Closed****

*You can use something different to your forum username if you want
**I guess I'm only waiting on SEBTi's input on this now, if you're uncertain you can always put "We're still working on it" or the like
***This part is basically a formality, I've never seen a team without a captain chosen already
****We have at least four, I don't think we'll need someone random we don't know
*****Because it's your first post there it will need moderator approval before it shows up but this hopefully won't take too long

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Offensive User
I'm okay with the team name right now. It also would be fine if the banner was insanely dumb like uh

actually how do you make waves dumb

But yeah on Week 3 I know that I'm gonna be busy and most likely will not play at all during the day, but probably in the night even though I may be exhausted. I'm not sure how much work I will have on Week 4 though because I don't have a schedule for that yet, but I'm sure that I'll still be able to play.

Also I played Blue Wish and Kaikan two days ago and they're both pretty good, would not mind if either of those were chosen if Cho Ren Sha was not picked. I also practiced with Recca and Espgaluda 2 yesterday and they were both pretty fun still

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Professional Whatever
Do we have to provide video evidence for this one? I don't recall it saying anything like that in the thread but I figured I'd ask.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Doors said:
Do we have to provide video evidence for this one? I don't recall it saying anything like that in the thread but I figured I'd ask.
That's usually only reserved for the very top positions at most, and as these games have no built-in recording software I doubt it.