Mimigas would be awesome if they were real!

Sep 11, 2010 at 5:45 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
All they ever do is whine and complain though.
"I'm hungry, I want some fish"
"I lost my key, go get it"
"The Doctor killed my brother and kidnapped my friends"

Sheesh.

Sep 11, 2010 at 7:27 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Captain Fabulous said:
I'm sure there are many other ways to abuse and humiliate Mimigas. For instance:
Feed two Mimigas red flowers.
Put in arena.
Place bets.
Maybe a ZippoMimiga video would surface on the internet, too.
And don't forget about good ol' fashioned genocide, either (just like the Native Americans!).

Yes, that could happen. Thus the lack of coolness in the existence of Mimigas.
But I don't think genocide would happen... we'd probably just put them on reservations. Or zoos.

Sep 11, 2010 at 8:23 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
darkcrusader said:
Yes, that could happen. Thus the lack of coolness in the existence of Mimigas.
But I don't think genocide would happen... we'd probably just put them on reservations. Or zoos.

With the native Americans, we hit them with some nice genocide and then put them on reservations.

Really, though, I would expect slave labor to be one of the more obvious solutions. In developed areas like western Europe had them enslaved, though, I can imagine there being some sympathizers here and there. They did it in America when we enslaved all of those Africans, and seeing as it's the internet age now, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for them to fit into society if they tried.

Most of the Mimigas we saw in-game wouldn't stop bitching, but that's probably because the important ones were children and teenagers. All of the adults seemed to keep cool about things when spoken to.

Sep 12, 2010 at 2:43 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
pastulio. said:
With the native Americans, we hit them with some nice genocide and then put them on reservations.

Well, we (or maybe from my viewpoint, you guys) put them through a near genocide, because if it were a complete genocide, then there'd be none left. SO it was almost genocide.

Regardless, I don't think Mimigas would be enslaved. As previously stated, they're not very useful as slaves.

Actually I somewhat theorized before what would happen. Basically, the world's looking for an alternate energy source. Now, in this scenario we also assume the Island exists as well. So us land-dwellers go up to the Island and note how the local wildlife, when killed, emit a powerful source of energy. So we try to take the land from the Mimigas. They don't want us there, so we kill them. The end.

Sep 12, 2010 at 2:55 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Most native americans died from smallpox, which hardly carries over.

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:51 AM
Been here way too long...
darkcrusader said:
Well, we (or maybe from my viewpoint, you guys) put them through a near genocide, because if it were a complete genocide, then there'd be none left. SO it was almost genocide.
Not sure if the total extinction of the Mayans and Incas was intentional or not, but the Spanish probably weren't really upset about the whole smallpox thing. Since, you know, they were shooting the native Americans.
And up north, we didn't commit genocide, but we tried our damnedest. "A" for effort, Americans/British.
Now, if Mimigas were real, we should assume there's just the one island full of them. Everyone who has ever tried to commit genocide had the problem of finding all those inferior beings. In this case, they're all in one convenient floating ICBM target!

So that's why Mimigas being real wouldn't be great. They'd have less chance of survival than a Klan member in a KFC.

Sep 12, 2010 at 6:49 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Now let us assume the Mimigas did not come on the island. They can't be too effectively wiped out. Now let us also assume they evolved/were created at the same time as humans.
How might our relationship with Mimigas be different? Perhaps there'd be perpetual war between our races. Maybe there'd be some sort of partnership between the races.
How awesome would that be?

Sep 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM
I want everyone to stop thinking about our hypothetical relationship with Mimigas, and just think about Mimigas themselves for a moment.
They stand on two animal-like legs, they are covered in fur, they have big, floppy ears, they're fuzzy, they're mostly white. Sounds good so far. But I want you to picture a Mimiga's face in real life. Not the cartoonish portraits that Pixel drew, but something that could actually exist in three dimensions. Something that looks real.
In my head, this does not look adorable. It looks like an abomination. I can't get Mimiga proportions to look huggable. For instance, Mimigas have large heads. Would they also have large eyes? Or regular sized eyes that would look downright beady on a head that large?
I just happened to find this picture. Now just imagine, instead of those cold, black voids that look like eyes, there were irises and pupils. It would be even creepier that way.
Furries ruin everything, don't they?

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Anything can look like a monstrosity if you just look at the sprite and try to contort that to reality. Even Mega Man.
p44328-0-megamansprite.jpg
p44328-1-megaman.jpg
But, he does have a point.

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:51 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Why do they never put genitals(something in his panties) on megaman?,
He is a man, right?

Mimigas do indeed have a huge head in relation to their body.. those itty bitty necks would break in real life, *crack*, and those HUGE eyes!
they wouldn't really have a nose either.

It's the same problem with anime characters, they don't look real, just cute, or extremely horrendous , I now think most are abominations.... http://www.zastavki.com/pictures/1024x768/2009/Anime_Anime_zoo_013415_.jpg

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:56 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
pue_eternity said:
Why do they never put genitals(something in his panties) on megaman?,
He is a man, right?

Megaman is some kind of killing machine, so no, not a man. A robot.

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:31 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Noxid said:
Megaman is some kind of killing machine, so no, not a man. A robot.

I thought Mega Man was a guy in a robot suit/exoskeleton thing.

Or is Mega Man ZX a total c-c-c-combo breaker?

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Really, anything from the video game or animu universe would be scary to see in real life.

Case and point(s)

p44332-0-haipc.jpg
p44332-1-ukc4n.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing a photomanip of a mimiga. Y'know..for curiosity's sake.
And if they really were as creepy as imagined, you can bet that they will be enslaved and/or murdered if they were in human society. Cause we don't like weird looking things.

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:38 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Excellent points, WD. But if they were with us from the beginning, their strange-ness would be something we're used to. Perhaps if elephants never existed, we'd be spooked at the thought of them. So if they were with us all along, I think they'd be pretty darn cute.

Sep 13, 2010 at 2:13 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Well yes, if that were the case then we'd get along fine. I was thinking more of a native americans type deal..or mimiga settlers/immigrants or that stuff.

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
lmao, that geodude would be awesome
a lot of poekmon, even if they looked very realistic, would be awesome irl. i would wear a dunsparce on my head and have 1000 pet magnemites

but yeah, that's why we need to invent a cartoonish alternate reality so that things like mimigas can exist without looking terrifying or just really odd

Sep 14, 2010 at 1:20 AM
Well, that rabbit human doesn't look too bad, and once you got used to living with it I'm sure it would be downright cuddly. Maybe being a furry has something to do with this opinion.
But we'd still totally be at war with Mimigas in any situation, regardless of cuteness, although maybe not "we" as a species. People are educated enough now to not hate things that are different.

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:57 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
GameGenie747 said:
If mimigas were real, I would rape them.
See? I just totally ruined this thread. Try looking at it the same way now, bitch!

WHAT. THE. HELL. Jacob, you're a pervert. See, if Curly were real, I would have sex with HER.:D

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:02 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
QuoteXCurly said:
WHAT. THE. HELL. Jacob, you're a pervert. See, if Curly were real, I would have sex with HER.:D
Your avatar kind of makes me feel like you'd agree with Jacob. >:3