Mimiga Story ~ Metal Paws

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Re: Metal Paws (with easy and normal modes)

Miles_Valentine said:
UPDATED 8/9/11
I've implemented many of the changes highlighted by feedback in this small update. I have also put together an easy mode for those having trouble and am releasing both versions in one zip. Easy mode features more health, easier grinding and some of the tougher parts simplified. It was a quick set of edits i did because i need to compile a changelog of every coordinate i changed for the easy version. Because i may have to redo the changes later. The mirrors section has the new link you need. I heed all the feedback i recieve, so thanks for it. If it seems rushed, i admit it was a little. Mainly because i want an easy version for my nephews to check out. Also because this is like a trial run of "easy mode". What is likely is that the game will be available in both easy and normal modes every update.

Well it's been roughly a year, so i think it's about time i made a new demo of this. I'm releasing this demo mainly because theres already alot to look at and critique. From feedback, to critique to full bug reports, any help will be greatly appreciated. Me and my offline playtester Wayne combed the game many times for bugs and just seeing if things look right. He's as passionate about the game as i am and very much adores the characters. Everyone who has helped me with problems in the past is awesome.

First of all, this game is what i'd consider "pretty tough" so i have included the debug room in this release. Inside the debug room there are warps to various parts of the game, and various other things. Please make a reasonable attempt to play through areas legally before resorting to it. The weapons in the hack are intentionally flawed in the same way that castlevanias whip is intentionally flawed. The details for the debug room can be found below here, if needed.

If you arent cheating, dont enter the room in Mados bedroom, dont enter ANY of the door objects anywhere on the mountain quest (first quest with Mioko with you), These are warps, only for a last resort, and WILL cause bugs

Only ever use the debug room if your very very stuck alright?
The door to it is at the very begining of the game in Mados bedroom. There are options to give you weapons, ammo and more max health. Even one to turn you into Mioko. The rest are warp doors, in order, left to right, corresponding to how far they will send you in game. Please note that warping to the dream sequence will trigger an autosave. Also there are warp doors at the begining of the mountain quest and further up the mountain. These will warp you to the rest of the areas.
Please note that using the debug room WILL cause bugs

Ok, this begins at the very begining of the final game, and ends in the room which has a boss based on Balrog two. This room is unfinished, so dont worry if thigns go wrong in there.

Onto the actual game. You control a Mimiga in a villiage of Mimigas who trains under an elder martial artist. This Master, has foreseen trouble in the villiages future and calls upon his two best students to look into it. The game involves travelling through your own dreams using "lucid stones" and uncovering what the threat on the villiage is. The antagonists are a band of discarded weapons from the war. Mimiga cyborgs leading the rest of the robots and machines into conflict with the Mimigas. At this point it's left ambiguous what they want and what thier problem is. To be revealed in coming demos.

Speaking of coming demos, i will always provide a save file up to the end of the last demo, so noone needs replay areas they have done. The save file will be the equivelent of 100% completion up to that point each time. Speaking of which, the game has a good ending and a bad ending. It's up to the player to figure out how to achieve the good one. And i'm planning on making it possible to obtain the good ending even by backtracking at the end of the game.

Here, have some screenshots.

p136596-0-title.png

p136596-1-waterfalls.png

p136596-2-underwater.png

p136596-3-extractor.png

p136596-4-mountain.png

Here is the easy and normal demo:

http://www.mediafire.com/?iojz9uwlo6c8glr

Please let me know if these go down. Well, i hope you enjoy the game. I'm sure it'll challenge most of you :3

i am stuck on a part

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

I am on the mountain I go in this room and the mimiga with me starts talking about the collective concenus, then the trapper comes in, i beat him and I cant get out of that room! Please help!

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:06 PM
"Huzzah!"
Please put a [SPOILER} tag around that quote, cause its a bit big.

Thats actually the last part i have made for the game, there is no mroe at this point until i update again. But well done getting that far. It's a challenging game!

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:07 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
oh god my eyes

why are you doing this to me

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM
why not dude

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Because your post contributed nothing to the topic, it was a pointless post, and your two posts in this thread were most likely made for the purpose of raising your post count, something of absolutely no significance whatsoever.

That's why not.

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Yea man I wanted to raise my post count you totally got me

HAHAHAHAHAH, no.

But anyway his mod was just hard to look at in general; shit hurt my eyes.

Now before YOU make more posts "not contributing to the topic" in this thread, feel free to just message me telling me why I'm a bad person so I can just delete it and be on my way.

Or you can just keep going on and on about it here. :)

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yea man I wanted to raise my post count you totally got me

HAHAHAHAHAH, no.

But anyway his mod was just hard to look at in general; shit hurt my eyes.

Now before YOU make more posts "not contributing to the topic" in this thread, feel free to just message me telling me why I'm a bad person so I can just delete it and be on my way.

Or you can just keep going on and on about it here. :)

The point is you bumped a 5 month old thread just to say it hurt your eyes. The post doesn't really warrant the bump.

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM
No that wasn't the point he was trying to make, that's the point you have just now have brought up.

Anyway give me a warning or whatever then I don't care.

NO FUN ALLOWED.

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:32 AM