Mimiga relationships.

Mar 13, 2010 at 12:33 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
considering schoko's an IRL friend of one of the only active administrators, I would not side with you, young hippie.

as far as mimiga relationships go, that bitch in the purple and miza seem like they'd screw a lot.

Mar 13, 2010 at 1:17 AM
"Huzzah!"
@Fire1052: I didn't mean it too literally. What I meant was that robots can't love, though they can show concern. So, since they can't show love, that means whatever unspeakable thing Chaco did to Quote was just something from a crush. Think about it, the nearest Mimiga was Santa, and he looks a bit too, feeble I guess you could say, to help Chaco in her times of need. O.O

The way he was trying to kill her was indirect, and the game never said he personally did it. He might have gotten Misery or Balrog to do it.
If Misery could one-shot-one-kill King, who is obviously more trained for a fighting situation, than why not do the same to Momorin (thanks for reminding me of her name ;))? It's a bit of a stretch, but there's always a possibility.

And yeah, that last part was supposed to be a joke. I don't like all my posts to be "srs bsns" when everyone else is having a good laugh here.
My joke failed then. :(

Mar 13, 2010 at 1:36 AM
Of course robots can love. That's the entire point of Cave Story, thanks for noticing.

Also, I'm guessing the Doctor just raped Momorin, then had her thrown off the island.

Mar 13, 2010 at 1:42 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Mike73 said:
@Fire1052: I didn't mean it too literally. What I meant was that robots can't love, though they can show concern. So, since they can't show love, that means whatever unspeakable thing Chaco did to Quote was just something from a crush. Think about it, the nearest Mimiga was Santa, and he looks a bit too, feeble I guess you could say, to help Chaco in her times of need. O.O

Them robots can do whatever they want, including love things.

I'm pretty sure nobody was crushing on anyone, partly because Quote is made of metal and partly because he burst into her house guns-blazing. You obviously aren't giving him enough credit for his own actions. If he was capable of all of that amazing stuff he did in-game, I'm sure he could have convinced a stranger to let him into her bed.

Most importantly, what does sex have to do with love OR crushes?

Mike73 said:
The way he was trying to kill her was indirect, and the game never said he personally did it. He might have gotten Misery or Balrog to do it.
If Misery could one-shot-one-kill King, who is obviously more trained for a fighting situation, than why not do the same to Momorin (thanks for reminding me of her name ;))? It's a bit of a stretch, but there's always a possibility.

The Doctor can't do crap himself. If you noticed in the fight, he only used the crystal's powers. Except for maybe his second form, but he was still indirectly using the crystal's powers.

Mike73 said:
And yeah, that last part was supposed to be a joke. I don't like all my posts to be "srs bsns" when everyone else is having a good laugh here.
My joke failed then. :(

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS WHY CANT YOU UNDERSTAND

Mar 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
Forgive me for not knowing how to do the quote thing, I'm still trying to figure out these forums.

Them robots can do whatever they want, including love things.

I'm pretty sure nobody was crushing on anyone, partly because Quote is made of metal and partly because he burst into her house guns-blazing. You obviously aren't giving him enough credit for his own actions. If he was capable of all of that amazing stuff he did in-game, I'm sure he could have convinced a stranger to let him into her bed.

Most importantly, what does sex have to do with love OR crushes?

I dunno if Pixel planned to make Quote a sex machine, but I guess it would make sense. Then again, he is a robot, are robots given sex parts in the future?

The Doctor can't do crap himself. If you noticed in the fight, he only used the crystal's powers. Except for maybe his second form, but he was still indirectly using the crystal's powers.

Yeah, I was gonna bring that up too. I guess when the Mimigas say that the Doctor killed Arthur, I guess they meant he got someone else to do the job. All I've seen being done with the Demon Crown anyway is make the Doctor float, give orders to a toaster-lunchbox and to a blue witch with green hair (I've just now noticed that all of the humanoids in the game have green hair, minus Curly.) who's worshipped as a god, and inadvertenly keep Ballos immortal.

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS WHY CANT YOU UNDERSTAND
OSHI-
Sowweh. ;)

Mar 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Of course robots can love. That's the entire point of Cave Story, thanks for noticing.

Also, I'm guessing the Doctor just raped Momorin, then had her thrown off the island.

That explains a lot...

"Chivalry is dead, I tell you."

Mar 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Re: Mimiga/human relationships.

I think these are the relationships in CS. Some are not sure though.

Curly, Kazuma, Chaco and maybe Sue is attracted to Quote.
Chaco is jealous of Sue I think (when Quote asks about Sue at King`s Table).
Jenka&Booster (credits)
Itoh likes Momorin. (the way he talks about her)
Santa likes Chaco.
Barlog likes Curly? (see best ending. Notice the shy way Balrog asks Curly to join her on the vacation. Like a boy asking a girl out for the first time.)
Curly and Quote.

Mar 13, 2010 at 11:09 PM
/end

There are no relationships in Cave Story.

Mar 13, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Hyperbolic

MetaSeraphim said:

@MS: Yea, most are one-sided, so they are not relationships in the true sense. So you are right I guess. But what about Curly giving Quote the Iron Bond? Do you think it is a sign of friendly love?

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:11 AM
"Huzzah!"

Possibly.
I wonder if Curly didn't mind being strapped to Quote, while he was all sweaty running through Hell. Or if she minded that he took her underwear (wat? Robots wear underwear?), since he was the only one that went in, and a person knows when underwear is missing.

Mar 14, 2010 at 5:51 AM

I suppose if robots wear underwear, they can sweat, too.

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Hyperbolic
Yes they sweat. If a robot gets wet, it avoids corrosion by turning on some fans to faster perspiration, that way they dry more faster It`s technically sweating.

Mar 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM
/end
Bond of brother/sisterhood.

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM
Banned

MetaSeraphim said:

^This.

trickybilly said:
@MS: Yea, most are one-sided, so they are not relationships in the true sense. So you are right I guess. But what about Curly giving Quote the Iron Bond? Do you think it is a sign of friendly love?

Okay, have you even READ the description for the Iron Bond? She gives it to you because you're the most powerful people you know and, having fought together, have developed a bond between warriors.

It means friendship, not "friendly love." What is it with you people and love?

Mike73 said:
Possibly.
I wonder if Curly didn't mind being strapped to Quote, while he was all sweaty running through Hell. Or if she minded that he took her underwear (wat? Robots wear underwear?), since he was the only one that went in, and a person knows when underwear is missing.

Curly was in Hell, dead, being dragged back to continue saving the Island by her friend Quote. I'm sure she'd have rather been freed from the tow rope, but she was unconscious for the first part of it, and you didn't really have time to let her down.

Curly never went back in the room in the Residence. If she had gone in and noticed it missing (because I'm sure she only had the pair she wore and the back-up pair), the Colons would most likely have been to blame.

trickybilly said:
Yes they sweat. If a robot gets wet, it avoids corrosion by turning on some fans to faster perspiration, that way they dry more faster It`s technically sweating.

They would have to be gigantic (or at least significantly larger) to be able to harbor fans large enough to move water, and having enough to cover every portion of their body (even the portions covered by clothing?) from the inside. For that matter, they would have to have some way to allow the fans to cause any air flow to the outside of their body. If there were any way to fit all of this in, their skin would not be consistent, and they would instantly flood with water on the inside, as well as the fact that there would be no room for any of their other parts, etc.

And Trickybilly, drying yourself is not in any sense perspiration. Perspiration is the release of liquids to prevent further heating of whatever they might be.

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Hyperbolic
@Fire. No the fans needn`t be gigantic. Proof: The human body loses quite a big amount of fluids through lungs and microscopic holes on the skin. This has a drying effect, largely contributing to states like dehydration (this happens in pneumonia! - and that`s a reason why you must drink alot then). The fact that such "holes" exist doesn`t mean that if the body is immersed it`ll be flooded. Holes, even mechanically, can easily be made to work only one way (letting the fluid from inside to outside and not vica-versa), or closed intentionally to prevent influx. You can find many examples for these systems in mechanics all over (valves, and many other).

Offtopic: Interesting, these holes can work in the opposite way too (only from outside to inside), a certain little mammal in Australia doesn`t drink water at all - he gains all the water via billions of tiny holes in the skin.

And you misunderstood me on Quote&Curly. I too think that Curly wants only to be friends with Quote.

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:59 PM
First of all, those one-way holes are called valves, but try not to get lost on big, scientific words. Second, sweat is that water that covers your skin when you get hot. People sweat to cool themselves down, because evaporating water absorbs heat. Becoming dehydrated is a result of sweating too much, it's not the purpose of sweat.
So now that we know what sweating does, why would a robot sweat? Do you have any household appliances that douse themselves with water to prevent overheating? No. They either use fans (like your computer) or a liquid coolant system (like your extremely awesome computer). Liquid coolant is cold liquid that runs in tubes through the system. The coolant does not make contact with anything, it just absorbs heat.
And lastly, what on God's green earth does this have to do with Mimiga relationships? Nothing. Quote and Curly aren't Mimigas. We can talk about them when this thread runs out of steam.
There are no straightforward romantic relationships in Cave Story. They're all subtly implied or completely imagined, which is why this thread's in the Theories section. We can put forward whatever theories we want about rabbit-monster-banging, that's how it works. So if Fire and Meta don't think there is any romance/bunnyfucking in Cave Story, that's a theory, and no oe else is wrong.

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:09 PM
Banned
trickybilly said:
@Fire. No the fans needn`t be gigantic.

They wouldn't be gigantic. If they were large enough to move air significantly enough to move the water (centimeter in diameter, maybe?), and they had enough inside of them to move all of the water off of them in every angle, there would have to be hundreds. This would bulk them up and require MASSIVE amounts of energy. Some way to store the energy they needed would take up room beyond just the fans themselves. Were they to retain their shape somehow, they would be empty husks (maybe with the exceptions of the fans). They DO have other things inside of them.

trickybilly said:
The human body loses quite a big amount of fluids through lungs and microscopic holes on the skin. This has a drying effect, largely contributing to states like dehydration (this happens in pneumonia - and that`s a reason why you must drink alot than).

I hardly know how to respond to this. I feel like you HONESTLY think you're correct.

Okay, the "holes," are the pores in your skin used specifically to release fluids and keep the body from heating. THIS IS PERSPIRATION.

The "holes" in your lungs are not holes at all. Were there any break in the area you're clearly referring to, your lungs would quickly fill with blood. The area you're THINKING of is where your body takes the oxygen from the gasses you inhale and separate the oxygen from the excess gasses.

I'll put this in a way you can understand: the oxygen passes through a solid tissue and is added to your red blood cells. The hemoglobin, blah, blah, blah. That's how you breathe. This has nothing to do with hydration.

The pores in your skin and the loss of precious water due to them is both a blessing and a curse. You may lose water if you, say, walked around in a desert for a few hours, but NOT because they are releasing water and killing you, it's because they are PROTECTING you from the heat around you. The fluids are released to absorb heat that would normally be going straight to you. The body maintains a very specific internal temperature not just for the fact that this is the temperature that your organs will operate properly at, but because the heat you might absorb in the outside world is too much and would kill you. This is happens to rabbits because they have a high body temperature and have no way to lower it besides waiting for the heat to dissipate from them. They die from this. The pores in your skin stave off death. You might say "hey, dehydration can kill you too." This is true, but it's not nearly as much of a threat. This is why we drink water. This is why we live near water.

trickybilly said:
The fact that such "holes" exist doesn`t mean that if the body is immersed it`ll be flooded. Holes, even mechanically, can work only one way (letting the fluid from inside to outside and not vica-versa), or closed intentionally to prevent influx.

Holes work in only one way, yes. They let things move through them. You might fall into a hole by force of gravity, but a hole is, by definition, a flaw in some form of material. These flaws allow things to pass through them. Skin is very light and very stretchy, and this is why we can move it. This is why OUR bodies can close pores. A robot? Not so much. Most people can assume that a ROBOT will be make of metal. In Quotes case, this is most definitely for protection. It would require far too many small mechanisms to close each individual pore, provided they were as small and numerous as you appear to mean for them to be. Unless the metal were somehow organic and would allow for itself to be moved and controlled by itself. Look, dude, it doesn't work. End of story.

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: Why is he doing that?

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Trickybilly, fucking stop that. You've repeated yourself three posts in a row now. You're completely off topic and you're also an idiot. Get topical or get the fuck out.

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:15 PM
Hyperbolic
Sorry. Bad internet connection.
EDIT: @Captain: I always thought, and even now think that you are cool. It saddens me you think I am an idiot.

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM
God damn it.

MIMIGA RELATIONSHIPS:
MAHIN IS OBVIOUSLY A TRANNY. Used to be a chick, now he's a dude. He and Sue totally hooked up. You can tell.
TOROKO HAS A LESBIAN CRUSH ON SUE. She's only 6 but it's still possible.
JACK HAS A GAY CRUSH ON KING. King may or may not return this love. I dunno.
KANPACHI FUCKED CHINFISH. The offspring was Ironhead.