Mimiga Animation

Should the story be divided into 2 parts? Episode one ending with a cliffhanger...

• Yes

• No

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 22, 2015 at 4:53 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sounds plausible. By the way, is the script now obsolete? I still owe Aeternum a concept art for one of the scenes from the first script that was meant to make it into a promo video; is this still happening? I would like to see the Mimiga Animation pages up and running again :D

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:09 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Never fear, Konor Wakefield is (back) here!
Aeternum, I'm really sorry dude, but you could not have picked a worse month(s) to get that concept art out; however I really do apologise for the "desertion". Part, or most of that was my fault peeps. Now that it's the Christmas holidays, and I got accepted into design college (yay!) I can try squeeze out some artworks for... I see you guys are thinking about turning this into a webcomic now? I think that's a brilliant idea! Also, I use Clip Studio Paint, which has comic-making features 'n' such. Not sure if you guys still actually check this thread, but if you are reading this, get in contact with me immediately and we can discuss ideas :D
Huzzah! The project may yet live!
There's no actual consensus about what we're doing, the webcomic's just an idea. Personally, that spoken book thing seems nice, but nothing's set in stone.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:23 AM
"Forever coffee..."
So, um, it's been a month...
Has anything happened I'm not aware of? I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, I just want to know the progress of whatever's happening. It seems the discussion for the project has basically stagnated, and I wanted to know if we're still going to try and pull this off.

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:36 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm still here. It appears Aeternum hasn't been on for a while so hasn't even viewed these newest posts yet. Maybe the smart thing to do would be contact him via email.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:14 PM
"Huzzah!"
This project looks pretty cool, I really hope it doesn't die out.

Well, if this project is still alive and kicking then I was wondering if I could help out with storyboard artist / script writing? (preferably storyboard artist)

Mostly because i'm too poor to afford a half decent mic. (And the fact that I sound like a lowkey-stoner, people say I would make a great antagonist VA though)

If neither of those positions are available then that's alright(I'm terrible with art and music). I just want to help in any way I can.

Edit: How much would a good mic cost? I got like, $80

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2016 at 9:54 PM
"Forever coffee..."
If we're going to try to rescue the project we should probably make a list of what jobs are needed and what jobs we have
Not like a schedule or anything but a list of what resources we have available

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:11 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If we're going to try to rescue the project we should probably make a list of what jobs are needed and what jobs we have
Not like a schedule or anything but a list of what resources we have available
I dunno... if Aeternum's not coming back and since he probably has all the info, is it worth trying to rescue? Most of the other people who also signed up have probably forgotten about this whole thing anyway. I'll be sitting this one out 'til further notice or we at least get a response.

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:30 AM
"Huzzah!"
For JUST a good microphone? Something like $150. If you actually want all the (mostly necessary) peripherals then it's more like $250.

Welp, looks like im not getting a new mic anytime soon...

I dunno... if Aeternum's not coming back and since he probably has all the info, is it worth trying to rescue? Most of the other people who also signed up have probably forgotten about this whole thing anyway. I'll be sitting this one out 'til further notice or we at least get a response.

so uh... what exactly happened? It looked like everything was going just fine, then everyone just all of a sudden stopped talking about it.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:46 AM
"Huzzah!"
So uh... what about this?

Oh promise me, I won't. I've put time into the script, and lots of time just thinking about this project. I would rather die before abandon this project. There is no way, no how that, that would happen.

What has been done so far? I thought I heard somewhere, that the first episode was already completed.
But I don't know, maybe nobody's done anything so far.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2016 at 12:05 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
What has been done so far? I thought I heard somewhere, that the first episode was already completed.
But I don't know, maybe nobody's done anything so far.
As far as I'm aware, only the script(and maybe some other little things) for the first and second episodes are finished, and the third is unfinished if I'm not wrong.(In fact, I still have access to these)

Also I don't think @Aeternum has been around for a long while, so it's not easy to say wether he is still aware of this or not.
The best thing to maybe do is to e-mail him to check wether he's still alive and not busy with anything that could have meanth his absence.

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:26 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I've always enjoyed the idea of a Cave-Story-themed animation. Maybe I just never looked hard enough but I never have seen much in terms of animation when it comes to Cave Story. So I like the idea of this!

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:52 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Hooray the project is moving again
Now we just need to organize everything and figure out what the heck is going on since if I recall we were having trouble with producing a full animation and were toying with other ideas
Also, should we try to make something out of the project while aeternum's not here? Not like hijack it or anything, but maybe edit scripts and bounce ideas off each other.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:01 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hooray the project is moving again
Now we just need to organize everything and figure out what the heck is going on since if I recall we were having trouble with producing a full animation and were toying with other ideas
Also, should we try to make something out of the project while aeternum's not here? Not like hijack it or anything, but maybe edit scripts and bounce ideas off each other.

Don't get your hopes up so soon, but if Aeternum IS coming back, then i'd really like to talk to him to see if he has any available positions for storyboard / script-writing.

Last edited: