Mimiga Animation

Should the story be divided into 2 parts? Episode one ending with a cliffhanger...

• Yes

• No

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 20, 2015 at 1:54 AM
"Forever coffee..."
There you go. ;)

I like it. By the way, out of curiosity, how long does it take to make something like that?

Oh, and Aeternum, please check your email. Thanks.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:29 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I haven't gotten anything. Maybe it hasn't sent?

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:04 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Hey, should we have a schedule? As in something like a calendar we can all list the times we have available for working on this? I know it sounds meticulous, but it would get the job done so much faster and help coordinate it all. So far this is kind of a rag-tag thing we've strewn together and we kind of don't know what's going on, and it could be useful to know when each of us can work on this. I could probably maintain it.
Example that is quite simple:
Mon.
Aeternum12 - free from ___ o'clock to ___ o'clock
Some random guy - free from ___ o'clock to ___ o'clock
n0xid - busy
zxin - free from ___ o'clock to ___ o'clock

et cetera

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:20 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Oct 21, 2015 at 7:14 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm really sorry I haven't been able to get any lines recorded, I've been really busy with school and such. That and the fact that my computer's location is like an electrons. It can be anywhere at any time, and usually that means I don't have it. I do now though, so I will try and get the lines done.

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:59 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
A general goal should be made but not strict times

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:43 AM
"Forever coffee..."
You misunderstand. I meant like a calendar where everyone can say how much time they CAN work. For instance, if for some holy reason my entire Sunday is free, (Get it?) I write on the calendar that I have Sunday off.

If you're curious, I've some ideas for plot I can share.

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:58 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Awesome. Go ahead im all ears

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:25 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Alright everyone, hold on to your sitting devices.
I've been working out the kinks for a new human character and a plot.
I have put it in an easy to read format.

Plot idea: The core never died. A robot was created back on the surface, his name unknown. His morality settings were completely overshot when created, so he becomes the most evil thing imaginable. He gets to the island and camps out there until Quote wakes up. He then commences his plan. After Quote "destroys" the core, he possesses it and merges with the Doctor to gain information and new motives. He also inherits, if you will, the goal: to turn mimiga into an army, but this time, it's to kill all the humans. He is converting the inside of the island into mysterious labyrinths, facilities, and storage rooms, which later are revealed to be storage houses for Rabils and flowers. This causes the creaking noises Aura hears from earlier. The U.N., to combat this, tries to make a vaccine/pill of diluted flower for the mimiga to use as a fighting mechanism but can't test it. Red crystal is illegal, by the way. Why, then, does the island stop falling when Ballos is killed? He planned it. He activated the core at that instant to lower suspicions. The ending where the island crashes is an alternate timeline where he fails. The island only stays afloat so long as the core lives. A major conflict now is that if you kill the core, you kill the host and both the Doctor and the robot die, but the island crashes, whereas if you don't, the island stays afloat but they still live. The classic Trolley problem.

Human character: Victor/Marcus (I'll let you decide) Numillius Augustus. A political researcher in a position of power at the U.N. Think the twelfth doctor or Bender from Futurama as his personality. He's hard on the outside but really just wants everyone to get out of this mess alive and can be shown to be quite soft at times. He dons two weapons: a stun pistol and a nuclear rifle similar to the one from Halo. He prioritizes efficiency; carries medical supplies, a backpack, and has many pockets in clothing. Also frugal. Speaks several languages and is smart. His theme song is either In the Hall of the Mountain King or Isolated System by Muse. His goal is to save as many people as he possibly can and is ruthless when doing the right thing. He's Utilitarian. He also is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to make sure that if he dies at least everyone else gets to live. His personality, system of justice, language, and name is tinted with Roman and Latin reference. The one word you could use to describe him is backup. He's there for people and deeply cares about the ones around him.

More plot: Later, V/M has found the core/robot, referred to as "Zombie Core". The ZC laughs at him, revealing some important pieces of his past. The reason nobody can tell that he's messing with the island, by the way, is because he's a robot, and thus not magical and therefore undetectable. ZC decides to "have some fun" and gives the following mimiga red flower: Aura, Storm, King (which fails at first but he converts later anyway. An idea is he could fight along V/M and "cure" him, and since his resistance is higher it also allows V/M to get the necessary dosage a mimiga needs to be affected but not killed by the flower for the pill from earlier.) , Mahin, Jack, Kanpachi, the Korons?, Santa, and Chako. Toroko is forced to watch what happens. That is how evil ZC is. This becomes a parody of hell run, with a scene being V/M holding his stun gun (he uses that for mimiga) and his rifle (for the ZC) in his left and right hands, respectively, much like the artwork with Curly and Quote. King can be in the background or something like that, I don't know. Arthur ran away, so that's why he's not here. And Quote and Curly show up to help V/M and King kick ass. Eventually he wins, the ZC is severely damaged, and all are transported into a dark labyrinth in pairs: Santa + Chako, who surprisingly don't really even know each other, so it's the source of comedy, King and Toroko, Mahin and Jack, V/M and Quote, bringing in dialog about the experiments to make the robot and V/M and Quote's past connections, Curly and the Korons, Aura (alone), Storm and Kanpachi. Key dialogue is as follows.

To ZC: V/M Do you remember me? From so long ago? Yes, there we go. It's me.

-Later dialogue-

V/M pulls out red crystal
*ALL GASP*
ZC: You wouldn't dare.
V/M Do I look like I'm kidding?
ZC: Very well. But aren't you a little pacifist?
V/M You broke them. So I think now I'll return the favor and break you.
Activates Crystal. Eyes become red with fury. Aura of flames encircles edge of body.
ZC: Very well. Flower them. Let the fun begin.

-Battle begins-

King: He had to witness something terrible. And then he died. So, logically, he is scarred now. A PTSD- like syndrome has developed. V/M, being a psychological professional, is the one to ensure he doesn't die. Think emotional pillow. V is the unofficial official leader of the island's mimiga, or at least the village. Neither King nor Jack want to be in power, so he takes over (peacefully, obviously) quite often. King ACTS like he's fine, but really he's fallen apart. V/M also takes care of him in fear that that's what he could become: both have similar personalities, after all. He wants to make sure if he ends up "broken", as it shall be referred to as, it's fixable. Toroko is not aware of this. Arthur is working with V/M. Aura is vaguely aware, and nobody else has a clue.

More quick personality ideas: Mahin is a gentle giant that hugs people too much, Jack is quirky, Kanpachi is shy, and the one that worked at the farm is average but refrains from talking.
Scripts and ideas have been attached. More to follow.

Feel free to ask me questions. Not to be rude, but V/M is my brainchild, and so I expect credit for this.

Boomshakalaka.

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:14 PM
"Forever coffee..."
So what do you all think?

Plot idea: The core never died. A robot was created back on the surface, his name unknown. His morality settings were completely overshot when created, so he becomes the most evil thing imaginable. He gets to the island and camps out there until Quote wakes up. He then commences his plan. After Quote "destroys" the core, he possesses it and merges with the Doctor to gain information and new motives. He also inherits, if you will, the goal: to turn mimiga into an army, but this time, it's to kill all the humans. He is converting the inside of the island into mysterious labyrinths, facilities, and storage rooms, which later are revealed to be storage houses for Rabils and flowers. This causes the creaking noises Aura hears from earlier. The U.N., to combat this, tries to make a vaccine/pill of diluted flower for the mimiga to use as a fighting mechanism but can't test it. Red crystal is illegal, by the way. Why, then, does the island stop falling when Ballos is killed? He planned it. He activated the core at that instant to lower suspicions. The ending where the island crashes is an alternate timeline where he fails. The island only stays afloat so long as the core lives. A major conflict now is that if you kill the core, you kill the host and both the Doctor and the robot die, but the island crashes, whereas if you don't, the island stays afloat but they still live. The classic Trolley problem.

Human character: Victor/Marcus (I'll let you decide) Numillius Augustus. A political researcher in a position of power at the U.N. Think the twelfth doctor or Bender from Futurama as his personality. He's hard on the outside but really just wants everyone to get out of this mess alive and can be shown to be quite soft at times. He dons two weapons: a stun pistol and a nuclear rifle similar to the one from Halo. He prioritizes efficiency; carries medical supplies, a backpack, and has many pockets in clothing. Also frugal. Speaks several languages and is smart. His theme song is either In the Hall of the Mountain King or Isolated System by Muse. His goal is to save as many people as he possibly can and is ruthless when doing the right thing. He's Utilitarian. He also is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to make sure that if he dies at least everyone else gets to live. His personality, system of justice, language, and name is tinted with Roman and Latin reference. The one word you could use to describe him is backup. He's there for people and deeply cares about the ones around him.

More plot: Later, V/M has found the core/robot, referred to as "Zombie Core". The ZC laughs at him, revealing some important pieces of his past. The reason nobody can tell that he's messing with the island, by the way, is because he's a robot, and thus not magical and therefore undetectable. ZC decides to "have some fun" and gives the following mimiga red flower: Aura, Storm, King (which fails at first but he converts later anyway. An idea is he could fight along V/M and "cure" him, and since his resistance is higher it also allows V/M to get the necessary dosage a mimiga needs to be affected but not killed by the flower for the pill from earlier.) , Mahin, Jack, Kanpachi, the Korons?, Santa, and Chako. Toroko is forced to watch what happens. That is how evil ZC is. This becomes a parody of hell run, with a scene being V/M holding his stun gun (he uses that for mimiga) and his rifle (for the ZC) in his left and right hands, respectively, much like the artwork with Curly and Quote. King can be in the background or something like that, I don't know. Arthur ran away, so that's why he's not here. And Quote and Curly show up to help V/M and King kick ass. Eventually he wins, the ZC is severely damaged, and all are transported into a dark labyrinth in pairs: Santa + Chako, who surprisingly don't really even know each other, so it's the source of comedy, King and Toroko, Mahin and Jack, V/M and Quote, bringing in dialog about the experiments to make the robot and V/M and Quote's past connections, Curly and the Korons, Aura (alone), Storm and Kanpachi. Key dialogue is as follows.

-Later dialogue-

*ALL GASP*
Activates Crystal. Eyes become red with fury. Aura of flames encircles edge of body.

-Battle begins-

King: He had to witness something terrible. And then he died. So, logically, he is scarred now. A PTSD- like syndrome has developed. V/M, being a psychological professional, is the one to ensure he doesn't die. Think emotional pillow. V is the unofficial official leader of the island's mimiga, or at least the village. Neither King nor Jack want to be in power, so he takes over (peacefully, obviously) quite often. King ACTS like he's fine, but really he's fallen apart. V/M also takes care of him in fear that that's what he could become: both have similar personalities, after all. He wants to make sure if he ends up "broken", as it shall be referred to as, it's fixable. Toroko is not aware of this. Arthur is working with V/M. Aura is vaguely aware, and nobody else has a clue.

More quick personality ideas: Mahin is a gentle giant that hugs people too much, Jack is quirky, Kanpachi is shy, and the one that worked at the farm is average but refrains from talking.

Feel free to ask me questions. Not to be rude, but V/M is my brainchild, and so I expect credit for this.

Boomshakalaka.

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:34 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I feel we could include this

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:38 PM
"Forever coffee..."
I feel we could include this
Great!
Oh, and it looks like I forgot to attach something.
Here it is.
The "broken" (which I know realize sounds freaking TERRIBLE (I feel terrible too, so we'll call him "sad")) King would fit in nicely into the King episode. I feel like I'm overdoing it though
and it's getting a bit creepy for my taste. What do you think?

Attachments

• Plot piece.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 3
Oct 26, 2015 at 12:22 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I think king would act a little differently on his birthday

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:26 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Yeah, probably. But I wanted to include that to show character development in Victor (that's him in the script) and to show the audience he's weak(er) than previous.

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:27 AM
"Forever coffee..."
By the way, Victor's personality is very twelfth doctor-esque.

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:57 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So which human is evil?

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM
"Huzzah!"

-Later dialogue-

*ALL GASP*

-Battle begins-

Boomshakalaka.

This is really deep and developed, quite a contrast to the simple characters and themes of cave story's- ...story. I'm a little weary at the mention of political themes, the most the was mentioned in the game was the presence of surface leaders, and that's about it.

Last edited: