Mac CS Hacks!

Jul 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Noxid said:
We can't do that on mac yet (although I might eventually find it)
Ah, so it's basically a case of "we don't know the right way yet".

carrotlord said:
I suppose that I should modify the Doukutsu autohacker so you can choose a program that's not named "Doukutsu.exe". Then it could work.
The Mac executable format is incompatible with the Windows one; there's no reason to assume that the offsets would be the same.

carrotlord said:
By the way, Celtic Minstrel, do you have experience with Tkinter or other GUI packages? I suppose those could be used to make a Mac map-editor.
If by Tkinter you mean the Tcl GUI interface, then no, I have no experience with it. I have experience with Java Swing and minimal experience with wxWidgets, but I was actually planning to use SDL for a hypothetical editor.

Noxid said:
I went ahead and compiled it for the Mac; I didn't test that it works, but if it works on Windows it should work on Mac as well.

Attachments

• MapDataMoverMac.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 11
Jul 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Celtic Minstrel said:
The Mac executable format is incompatible with the Windows one; there's no reason to assume that the offsets would be the same.

Well, you can specify any offsets you want in the autohacker :\

It's basically an automatic hex editor for pasting in large quantities of hex pairs. You can set both the offsets and the hex data by putting files in a certain folder. So, if you used the Mac offsets instead of the windows, and changed the data accordingly, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Celtic Minstrel said:
If by Tkinter you mean the Tcl GUI interface, then no, I have no experience with it. I have experience with Java Swing and minimal experience with wxWidgets, but I was actually planning to use SDL for a hypothetical editor.

As long as you have some method, then that's good. :D

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
cultr1 said:
With all mods you port, you have to add a little TSC code to the beginning of the first "from somwhere, a transmission." just delete that part of the code and replace it with a <TRA command that gives the starting map, location, and script. :p
A more efficient way is to relocate the original script (Map 13, event 200) to an unused event number (lets use 216 as an example) and use FLJ so that it doesn't break the script in that event in the case that it is used in normal gameplay.

<FLJ7521:0216<FL+7521<TRAWWWW:XXXX:YYYY:ZZZZ

(original contents of event 200)

Jul 13, 2010 at 4:52 PM
Banned
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Hey there,
got a problem... maybe i just don't get the whole everything, but i'll see...
i saw that the pbm are now bmp, and thought: "ON TO THE EDIT!" i tried to edit one picture, the mychar, but failure... Quote's black, whimsical star black. *sob*
Any help would be appreciated!

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:11 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You have to save as 8bit bitmaps but hey it's not like you should be expected to actually READ any of the thread to figure that out. There's like, what, FOUR pages? Man, that is alot.

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hey Noxid I forgot to ask you this in my reply to your PM but do you need to remove the (C)Pixel at the end of the bitmaps for it to work? 'Cause all of the bitmaps in TWoR still have the (C)Pixel at the end.

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:18 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Wedge of Cheese said:
Hey Noxid I forgot to ask you this in my reply to your PM but do you need to remove the (C)Pixel at the end of the bitmaps for it to work? 'Cause all of the bitmaps in TWoR still have the (C)Pixel at the end.

Nah it's fine if it's there or not I'm pretty sure, just as long as it's 8bit or less.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Can we Merlinoboy out of this forum for good please?
This is tiring and he's getting his stupid all over my thread.
Also, thanks to GIR, I have discovered you can use Cave Story on mac as a makeshift ORG file viewer. All you need is a spare copy of Cave Story.
Simply right click->show package contents->Contents->Resources->Org
then replace the org named Curly.org with the song you want (make sure you renamed the org you want to hear "Curly.org," then open Cave Story.
hen it reaches the start screen, the game plays the org named Curly.org, which you've replaced. You're org should start looping and work normally.
WARNING:
Orgs made in Org Maker v2+ don't work.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
cultr1 said:
WARNING:
Orgs made in Org Maker v2+ don't work.

That's odd, since the orgs I sent you (that you probably imported into cave story) were made with org maker 205.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:26 AM
Hoxtilicious
Fire1052 said:
SP decided to wait until now to tell us he can't. No permissions.

Dude.
Stop complaining about shit.
It's not your fucking forums. I don't need to tell you something.
I DON'T.
Now shut up about this stuff.

And stop feeding the trolls guys.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:30 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Can some admin delete all these posts?
I don't want this nonsense in my thread.

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
carrotlord said:
Well, you can specify any offsets you want in the autohacker :\

It's basically an automatic hex editor for pasting in large quantities of hex pairs. You can set both the offsets and the hex data by putting files in a certain folder. So, if you used the Mac offsets instead of the windows, and changed the data accordingly, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Ah, okay, that makes sense then. And sounds useful. It's a bit like a patching program really.

Jul 24, 2010 at 8:49 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I did a mapdata converter and auto-inserter a while ago if anyone is interested:
http://cavestory.org/downloads/mapdata_tools_0_8.zip

Insertion and conversion are two separate programs. Though the differences between editors and the "offset changing" effects of custom orgs means that you will need to get the pc mapdata from the exe manually. It's not that hard to find though.