Lucid dreaming

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Its pretty obvious what this thread is about. So before talking about lucid dreaming. I need to ask you guys about something. Thing is that im not a lucid dreamer and want to change that. I already know about WILD. But i have heard about simpler methods (developing a habit of performing reality checks so that you would perform them in your dream, writing dream logs)
and i was wondering. Do these simpler methods work?

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Not a Lucid dreamer so I couldn't tell ya, but I'd imagine that different methods work for different people.

My(admittedly lame)suggestion? Try 'em all and see what happens. I wish you luck, Omega!

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Thanks. Ive already already logged my first dream, both verbally and written.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Happy to help.

So, a question: what are your dreams like? Mine are very, very strange, so I've been keeping up a sort of "dream diary" since last August.

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Well mine are typically video game related (you can tell i dont have a life... yet) most of the time its me interacting with something game related in the real world.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
I've had some very, VERY strange dreams in my past, i've never thought of making a dream journal before. Honestly, the dreams i've had have NOTHING to do with experiences in real life.

Rather strange, the human intelect.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Well mine are typically video game related (you can tell i dont have a life... yet) most of the time its me interacting with something game related in the real world.

Yup, that's my situation. I also get the "bonus" of twisted mockeries of my actual life >_>
I hate my brain, I swear.

I've had some very, VERY strange dreams in my past, i've never thought of making a dream journal before. Honestly, the dreams i've had have NOTHING to do with experiences in real life.

Rather strange, the human intelect.

*Puts on monocle*

Mmm, yes. 'Tis an eldritch field, the human's soul. In many cases, rising from a weak and wearying sleep, I may recall frightening fancies of Rikku and cake, dim requiems of lovers of a feline nature, leaving together on a dusk-colored shore...

*cough* Yeah. I've had really strange dreams too. As for the dream diary, I would try to leave little snippets on Richpad after waking up, then go back and expand on it. But only interesting dreams ;)

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Ehehehe. Sorry 'bout that.

Somehow we got derailed in only, like, 3 posts. I believe that's a new low score :(

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:45 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Polaris said:
Ehehehe. Sorry 'bout that. Somehow we got derailed in only, like, 3 posts. I believe that's a new low score :(
Haha nah I think we've got a perfect score somewhere

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:48 AM
/end
We've even gone negative before. Where a topic will start off-topic and just continue.

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Haha nah I think we've got a perfect score somewhere

O_O
So something like

Discourse on games of a spammy nature.
Started by: UltimaTroll1337

_____
|___|UltimaTroll1337

SO HOW BOUT THEM PANNNNNNNCAKES? LAWL YOU DEM MUDERATORS CANT CATCH ME I BE HAXIN YUR HACKS!!!!/!!;!!

LICK A CHOCOBOD EYE DUMASDSS

|```| GIRakaCHEEZER
|____|

/smite

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:06 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Lucid dreaming is rather common for me. It's kinda sad that some people don't get to experience it.

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Lucid dreaming is rather common for me. It's kinda sad that some people don't get to experience it.

Well, I certainly haven't. But my dreams are exceptionally weird to begin with. Not sure if I should lose one good thing for another.

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I hate being partially lucid while sleeping because I can realise that nothing makes sense but not that I'm actually asleep so I don't know what to do about it

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
That sounds like fun, if only to laugh at how stupid you were when you wake :pignon:

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:23 AM
/end
Polaris said:
Well, I certainly haven't. But my dreams are exceptionally weird to begin with. Not sure if I should lose one good thing for another.
With dreaming lucidly you either have limited or full control of your dream. It is kind of like painting on a blank canvas, meaning you get to choose how your dream will flow and such. You have to learn how to do this first. Being aware =/= having control.

I have enough control over my dreaming if it is lucid (I still have normal dreams) where I can basically choose a time and setting and it takes off from there. I can have certain people I like appear in my dreams, and other such things.

For me though control seems to come and go. Sometimes I can be completely aware that I am dreaming but it is like I am trapped in my own body as a viewer, in the dream my body moves on its own and such and etc.

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
For me though control seems to come and go. Sometimes I can be completely aware that I am dreaming but it is like I am trapped in my own body as a viewer, in the dream my body moves on its own and such and etc.

Sounds creepy 0_0

I might try lucidity, but it will take a lot of practice.

And oh God I'm so lazy :balrog:

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Out of body experiences would kinda be a creepy topic, 'dontcha think?