Legacy Story

May 23, 2007 at 7:18 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I hid them because you are an annoyance to me, not becuase I'm afraid of being shot down by se-ko. Who gives a care?
I give proper credit, anyhow. If they so choose, I will take off the music per their request, but it's only a shitty demo right now so i don't think anyone cares. People have given it bad comments as well, but you're an ass about it.

Anyhow, how does everyone else think it's coming along, eh?

May 23, 2007 at 10:48 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I liked the art/graphics >.>; And the music fitted surprisingly well. I couldn't shoot magic while jumping though :< It will be interesting to see it when it's finished~

May 23, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Hoxtilicious
Nator said:
I hid them because you are an annoyance to me, not becuase I'm afraid of being shot down by se-ko. Who gives a care?
I give proper credit, anyhow. If they so choose, I will take off the music per their request, but it's only a shitty demo right now so i don't think anyone cares. People have given it bad comments as well, but you're an ass about it.

Oh yeah, im so annoying, I'm sorry for being such a big ass! :p

Eh, you just insult me because I'm giving you some friendly advice?
Srsly, you should get your aggressions under control! You also insulted members in the forums here sometimes...

And you really should learn how to take criticism, I was the only one posting "bad" comments.

May 23, 2007 at 3:10 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Comments on the game: The view distance is too short, to begin with. Movement feels very clunky, in a typically flash game kind of way.
I usually hold down the jump button until I touch ground (Old NES habit), which means that the character jumps again as soon as she lands. That's annoying.

The art looks like it could be nice for an internet platformer. It is a bit hard to tell at this point.

Also, stop being a hypocrite, Phantom.

May 23, 2007 at 3:44 PM
Hoxtilicious
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:

Im not hypocrite you guys just suck at respecting other peoples work, thats all.

May 23, 2007 at 4:31 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I agree with you a little SP, but doess anyone ask nintendo if they can use their graphics in a fan game? I don't belive so.

Unfortunately, I can't play this at work exp, so I'll have to wait till I get home until I can play it. But any updates on Legacy story?

59 Minutes to go...

May 23, 2007 at 4:49 PM
Hoxtilicious
CociCookie said:
I agree with you a little SP, but doess anyone ask nintendo if they can use their graphics in a fan game? I don't belive so.

Thats where it is going different, they love nintendo thats why they making fan games, no doubt. But making a costum game with nintendo graphics which ISNT a fan game, shows that they dont respect their work...

May 23, 2007 at 5:04 PM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
making a costum game with nintendo graphics which ISNT a fan game, shows that they dont respect their work...
people still do it though. they even do it here, lololo

Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Comments on the game: The view distance is too short, to begin with. Movement feels very clunky, in a typically flash game kind of way.
I usually hold down the jump button until I touch ground (Old NES habit), which means that the character jumps again as soon as she lands. That's annoying. The art looks like it could be nice for an internet platformer. It is a bit hard to tell at this point.

Anyhow, thanks for the comments Orfvar. I didn't notice that she kept jumping if you held the button down, I'll make it an option to auto-jump then, it's an easy fix.
It's a bit clunky movement, yeah, I didn't know the logistics of collision detection when I made this demo... I am older and more expirenced now, so hopefully the version I'm working on now will be less clunky.
I'm not too sure about the viewpoint though, I kind of like how it is, but I'll expirement with sizes of things and see what happens with that. I think part of the problem is how I deal with moving the camera, I think I can do it a better way now, that may fix the problem, or worsen it. *crapshoot*

Legacy story progress is going slow, I'm making some tunes for it, polishing graphics and things, but that's it at this point... I'm focusing on Miika right now, legacy is on the back-burner.

May 23, 2007 at 5:20 PM
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Im not hypocrite you guys just suck at respecting other peoples work, thats all.

Baseless accusations. Besides, that's irrelevant here and now.

You are a hypocrite. If you are going to complain about other people's lack of respect you'd better make sure you're in a position to do so. Which you aren't.

Edit: You're probably right about the camera, Nator . It's just that I found myself jumping into those bats by mistake a couple of times.

May 23, 2007 at 5:27 PM
Hoxtilicious
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Baseless accusations. Besides, that's irrelevant here and now.

You are a hypocrite. If you are going to complain about other people's lack of respect you'd better make sure you're in a position to do so. Which you aren't.

Just be quiet about things you dunno what ure talking about, instead of interpreting something into my posts (Which was a joke). And stop annoying me with your word fetish!

Edit: Oh well, you always interpreting, like you can read other peoples mind.

May 23, 2007 at 7:10 PM
Yeah, that's the thing isn't it? I can't read people's minds. So how am I to know when some guy talking junk on the internet is joking?
Smileys? You put smileys on everything. They have no meaning.

Sarcasm and irony are notorious for being hard to convey in written conversations. Learn to deal with it.

And I'm sorry if your limited vocabulary is causing you frustration, but it's really not my fault.

(Lerololol! im in ur forum, hijackin' ur thredz)

May 23, 2007 at 7:17 PM
Hoxtilicious
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Yeah, that's the thing isn't it? I can't read people's minds. So how am I to know when some guy talking junk on the internet is joking?
Smileys? You put smileys on everything. They have no meaning.

Sarcasm and irony are notorious for being hard to convey in written conversations. Learn to deal with it.

And I'm sorry if your limited vocabulary is causing you frustration, but it's really not my fault.

(Lerololol! im in ur forum, hijackin' ur thredz)

Actually I see now reason why I should longer read your trash posts, because you are all the time play the market. And I'm just tired of reading your posts :p so welcome to the ignore list.

May 24, 2007 at 11:53 AM
"..."
Nator said:

The flashy game with the sword and the fireball and turn into a fat balloon spell? I thought it was pretty tight, keep it going, don't worry about changing the main characters sprite. But, how do you cancel being the floating balloon?

Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
Also people i've learned that sp german word (i mean shining phantom, lol why'd this kid change his name?) is way less annoying if you just ignore him. Let him keep posting after every single post, just don't respond to any of the dumb things he has to say. I know its hard because he says ALOT of dumb things, but seriously. Don't respond to them, it feels better then talking to a self righteous hypocritical immature brick wall.

May 24, 2007 at 12:02 PM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
SeriousFace said:
Also people i've learned that sp german word (i mean shining phantom, lol why'd this kid change his name?) ...

I think his new name is a play on the name of the Pokemon, Gardevoir, which also is his avatar.

May 24, 2007 at 12:31 PM
Hoxtilicious
Alltough I don't get why defending a oppinion is "dumb" or "acting like a kid", I just think it's loughable that I beat an "adult" with my hacker skills. Since NPC hacking and other things are done by me, but anyway I just done it for the community. And yeah, just call me kid, self righteous and that hypo thing, it only shows your lack of respect.

Chaddykins said:
I think his new name is a play on the name of the Pokemon, Gardevoir, which also is his avatar.

Yep, its a mix between Gardevoir and Delbiter...
Gardebiter is a special word and only me using it ;P
ShInInG PhAnToM is a mix between Shining and Phantom :p And those are common words for user names... Anyhow I don't get why I'm a kid just because I change my name, thats kinda weird.

May 24, 2007 at 1:41 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Well I played it, pretty awesome! Camera's fine, is about as annoying as facing Blarog with the Spur maxed.

Also, stop your bickering like little children, I belive this thread is called 'Legacy Story' not 'OMG Nator didn't ask if he could use music so lets bicker over it and insult SP for being nit picky and changing his name'...

Good to see that somethings carrying on with Legacy Story Nator, any progress is progress. Also, why don't you post updates to the games your creating in one post. For example:

Cavestory +++-10
--- --- --- --- ---
Not much done

Super Duper Pooper Trooper
--- --- --- --- ---
Nearly finished! Only have to finish the final boss battle and all the ending animations and it is finally ready for release!

Anyways, Off topic again, 3 hours to go till the end of Work Experience :p

May 24, 2007 at 1:48 PM
Hoxtilicious
CociCookie said:
OMG Nator didn't ask if he could use music so lets bicker over it and insult SP for being nit picky and changing his name

Well I didn't wanted to cause any trouble, I just wanted to give him a hint, so he wont run into any trouble, since its not legal (It doesn't matter you always have copyright to your own work)
Allthough I don't get why he insulted me just because of making a hint...
http://home.e-catv.ne.jp/hana/

May 24, 2007 at 4:28 PM
CociCookie said:
Well I played it, pretty awesome! Camera's fine, is about as annoying as facing Blarog with the Spur maxed.

Also, stop your bickering like little children, I belive this thread is called 'Legacy Story' not 'OMG Nator didn't ask if he could use music so lets bicker over it and insult SP for being nit picky and changing his name'...

Good to see that somethings carrying on with Legacy Story Nator, any progress is progress. Also, why don't you post updates to the games your creating in one post. For example:

Cavestory +++-10
--- --- --- --- ---
Not much done

Super Duper Pooper Trooper
--- --- --- --- ---
Nearly finished! Only have to finish the final boss battle and all the ending animations and it is finally ready for release!

Anyways, Off topic again, 3 hours to go till the end of Work Experience :p

haha, okay. Thanks for playing, yo. I think I can improve the camera a bit though, olifvar was right about that. And teh auto-jump and the other etc. things.
I promise that I'll get some sort of an update this sunday, I've been working a bit on the new areas (act III in my plans for it)

so i guess by your little updater thing:

Legacy Story
----------------
Building and polishing maps for act III, music, update soon..?

Magic Miika
----------------
Streamlining player mechanics, fixing various bugs, designing latter levels, music

May 24, 2007 at 4:56 PM
Hoxtilicious
Nator said:
haha, okay. Thanks for playing, yo. I think I can improve the camera a bit though, olifvar was right about that. And teh auto-jump and the other etc. things.
I promise that I'll get some sort of an update this sunday, I've been working a bit on the new areas (act III in my plans for it)

so i guess by your little updater thing:

Legacy Story
----------------
Building and polishing maps for act III, music, update soon..?

Magic Miika
----------------
Streamlining player mechanics, fixing various bugs, designing latter levels, music

lol acts haha you used that from crowned :p
anyhow that update thing is a good idea