Kid Icarus.

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:10 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Who here actually knew about Pit and played Kid Icarus before his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:28 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Fuckin' hated that game.

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:51 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
MetaSeraphim said:
Who here actually knew about Pit and played Kid Icarus before his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

i didnt, my friend had to tell me who he was, then i went and played the actual nes game, it was alright nothing special >_>

Feb 10, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I had heard of him long before brawl, I knew it was a NES game, but I have never played the game before.

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:28 PM
Grumpy *****istrator
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Those of us of an older disposition may remember the old cartoon series/blatant advertising attempt called Captain N: The Game Master.

As well as whichever Belmont it was from from the early Castlevania games and Megaman there was a character based on Pit but oddly called Kid Icarus who finished off the set of main hero characters.

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I played Kid Icarus before watching the "kickimus maximus" Captain N Show. That show is surely cheesy as it could be now, but back in the day it was pretty swell. The whole series is now on DVD too.

Like Shirofan said, those with older dispositions would surely remember him as a very classic and timeless NES character.

-SkyeWelse

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:31 PM
/end
Shirofan said:
Those of us of an older disposition may remember the old cartoon series/blatant advertising attempt called Captain N: The Game Master.

As well as whichever Belmont it was from from the early Castlevania games and Megaman there was a character based on Pit but oddly called Kid Icarus who finished off the set of main hero characters.

Ah, Captain N, now there's a show that brings back a lot of memories.

As SkyeWelse said it was quite cheesy, but managed to be good at the same time.

There was only one thing I disliked about it, and that was how Mother Brain was showed, mainly because it didn't match up to what I thought Mother Brain would actually be like if she was a speaking character.

As for Kid Icarus it's quite sad that it didn't really go anywhere, unlike it's sister game Metroid.

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:35 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Shirofan said:
I never had much of an interest in watching that show.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:09 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Feb 23, 2009 at 12:59 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Wait... you mean Mighty Bomb Jack isn't in that game?