Feb 15, 2021 at 9:47 PM
KeroFlex has been discontinued because of low interest (I was literally the only user who ever uploaded its score).
If, for some odd reason, you want to keep the legacy of this project alive, feel free to contact me.
Introducing Kero Flex, the ultimate way to flex on your friends
KeroFlex is the ultimate way of synchronizing your Kero Blaster Boss Rush High Score online, so you can flex it on your friends.
- KeroFlex is an .exe file you can store in your KeroBlaster folder and has the sole purpose of synchronizing your data with KeroFlex Server.
When you open it and specify the profile location, it will automatically scan all your save states and find the best time. It will then send it to the KeroFlex Server.
- You will be given a public URL, such as this:
- You can share it with your friends, family and grandchildren. It's always updated: every time you score a new record on Kero Blaster and sync it with the KeroFlex Server, the link stays the same.
You can include your KeroFlex Image in your signature in online forums - such as this one (!!!) - to show how good you are.
You're gonna love it!
- Dynamically-produced HD images
- Spoiler-free image for your non-Kero Blaster-playing pals.
- Works with DRM-Free and (theoretically) Steam version
? Is this safe?
Yes! And if you don't trust me, that's great, because you shouldn't trust strangers online.
But - plot twist - there's no need to trust me, when you can just trust the code!
The KeroFlex Client is Free and Open Source Software. You can check it out in the "Resources" section of this post, and you can even compile it yourself.
? Is this a trustable source for creating rankings, competitions, etc.?
No! Absolutely not. This is not a software intended for rankings and competitions. You can set your best time to 0.01s with either a HEX editor or a simple POST request.
Use it only for fun. If I had wanted to create a professional tool for rankings, I wouldn't have made it FOSS and I would've implemented some kind of cryptography/DRM. Which I don't want to do.
? Not really a question, but it sucks.
I made this project entirely in my free time. I'm a student and this is a very busy period of the year.
Also, it's the first app I create with Fyne, so I think it's understandable that it isn't the best right now.
I will improve both the Client and the Server when I have some free time, but in the meantime, why don't you contribute yourself? Check out the GitHub repo! Pull requests are always welcome.
Terms of Service
Feel free to ask anything or give suggestions in this thread!